Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » When a rp ends

Lyia (played anonymously)

I have lost two rp partners lately. It's been difficult because it's back to back and they were long-term partners. They just wanted to quite due to me taking too long to reply.
I think it's a cycle for me going from so many partners I can't keep up to having hardly anyone reply and then I go looking for more partners and then suddenly it's too many. Does anybody have any advice?
What are your tips for staying satisfied with the RPs you have?
CaptainFox

I run into a problem with so many rps. I wake up and find 6 or 8 that need replies. I think in the future after I finish these rps I'm gonna try to keep only a few rps instead of accepting so many. My suggestion would be to find your limit for rps and try to keep at that limit. If your current rps get boring then explain the situation. Most on the site here are pretty understand :)
Rogue-Scribe

I have gone through these 'feast or famine' cycles in RPs where the active ones I'm into seem to slow with replies, so I look for other ones and get going, then the older ones start buzzing and I'm swamped. Not sure if I have any tips other than try and prioritize those you have going. I recently had several take off at the end of January and through February only to have them go dark in March. It's a hard thing to predict.
Sometimes I just get really burnt out emotionally, and that often happens from the sudden stress of an rp ending. If you ever end up in that same situation as myself, I recommend taking a short break. Just take a short sabbatical from rp-ing until you get your head in order, then gradually ease yourself back into it. That's what I do.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » When a rp ends

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus