Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » XMen-Xavier's School for Gifted Youngste (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Adore Angel (played by AdoreAngel)

Hi! I'm looking to form a group to create a storyline based off of the Xmen Xavier's School for teenagers with mutant powers. I figured it would be a fun environment for a lot of us to join. I would love it if some of you would want to sign on for the roles of the Canon characters, Xavier himself, etc. So it's more realistic and fun but I would love to have people sign up to write as other teenagers who are going to this school etc. I'll be writing as one of my characters, Adore Angel.

The setting will obviously be high school, but the themes and story will be around the students having mutant powers and abilities. And of course, just like in Xmen, the students will be dorming at the school so there will be school events, after school events, hangouts etc. We can have off campus side stories, etc. I'm hoping that this original idea can grow into something more and with the main story of Xavier's school, we can eventually have smaller side stories branch off to build characters, and create frienships.

I expect this rp to have some mature themes, but this will be high school so let's keep it PG-13. Romance is allowed, but again PG-13 rating please. Fighting and cursing is allowed but again PG-13!! Anything above PG-13 will not be permitted in anything that is pubically affiliated with this main story. I expect anything that is above this rating be done in private. Aka--I don't wanna know about it.

I'm expecting this story to be more long term, with writers who will put effort into their posts and will post a few paragraph replies. 3+ paragraphs with each paragraph having anywhere from 3-8 sentences in it. I don't expect perfect writing, but I expect everyone who takes part in this roleplay to care about their writing and how others will read what they write so will try to keep spelling errors and grammer mistakes to a minimum. And if I feel like someone doesn't care to put effort into their writing, I will ask them to pay more attention to how they write because I do not want the group to suffer for someone's lack of care for their writing.

This will also be a taking turns, rotation story. No free posting. If characters have a side story developing within the overall storyline, they can communicate with one another and can create their own side story if they like so they don't disrupt the rotation of the main story. I will expect everyone to participate in the main story for the duration and if someone wants to leave the main story, please communicate that with me so we can write you out of the main story.

If anyone is interested, please comment on this forum on who you wanna play as with a brief description of their powers background etc. (except for Canon characters, we already know who you are), with the canon characters, first come first serve! I'm hoping to get people interested and get a group story going ASAP or when I feel like we have enough people to make this story actually go somewhere interesting. Before I create the forum for the main story, I'll message each person individual letting them know that I'm about to post, and to keep an eye out for the upcoming thread. I'm also hoping that this will allow everyone the comfortability to talk to me if they feel uncomfortable about anything in the story. I will also be telling each person who wants to play a Canon character if they were able to claim that role first. And if they were not able to claim the role of a canon character first, they will have the ability to choose another character or create their own.
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 70%
Further future, perhaps visit mars or upload your brain
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played with a large group of players.

Adore Angel (played by AdoreAngel) Topic Starter

Okay so, obviously I'm taking part in my own story lol. So I'll start us off. I'm going to be using my OC Adore Angel.

Adore Angel will be 16 in this storyline, she was born into an organization that illegally genetically modifies humans to try to create the perfect humanoid species. She was freed at 7 years old, and attempted to live life as a normal human even though she is anything but. She has superhuman strength, speed, agility, and healing abilities. She has a perfect photographic memory, has been able to learn 22 languages fluently, is a master martial artist, and can use a very large percentage of her brain to allow her incredibly powerful telepathic abilities. She very rarely uses this ability as it can threaten her life. She has hidden powers that she isnt' aware of that include light and fire but she doesn't use these abilities till later on in her life.

She is enrolled into Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters after her older brother, and legal guardian, was murdered by the organization who modified her. The family that adopted her and her siblings felt that Adore would be better suited at a school designed for children with unnatural abilities and enrolled her at Xavier's school. She is a very quiet, somber girl during this time period. She won't speak unless spoken to, and will keep her replies short and to the point. She typically spends most of her time reading, listening to music, or will be found on her laptop if given the chance and doesn't seem like she's there to make many friends, if any friends at all. She will always jump at the chance to get away from the school, and from any and all adult supervision and will typically spend her nights attempting to sneak away from the school to go to the local nightly attractions.
The Outsiders (played anonymously)

Oh, this looks interesting! I'll adapt Id's backstory (and some abilities) to be a mutant :)

As for effort, I usually do a minimum of two paragraphs, far more often with more than that. Taking turns sounds great, no problems or questions there. I'll go ahead and post what you asked too, doesn't seem like it's been too long since the last reply so:

Id, also going by 'They' or 'Anon'. Some in his past have called him 'Ani' or something that sounds familiar, though he'd really prefer to forget such things. Soon to turn 17, Id's abilities awakened around 11 as a major stress-response. As for what had caused that stress, well some parts of his home city are less than amicable, we'll just say. He was no stranger to getting roughed up, but clearly this particular experience was different.

Coming home different would have had an effect too, were it not that Id had taken to the streets and railway logistics centers, among other low people-traffic places, for a time. After all, a young man that appeared as black static isn't exactly the kind of thing most people would do anything but scream at, attack, or run away from. There were a few rough months before he was taken in by another 'mutant', a term Id has come to greatly dislike. This individual kept him fed, though they were the type to pursue more illicit means of acquiring things. Oh, that did wonders for them as Id learned to hone his limited-teleportation skills, that and temporarily becoming invisible and intangible certainly had its benefits. Were it not for the random electrical mishaps his presence sometimes caused.

Separated and essentially abandoned during a particular run gone sour, Id came to be found by another member of Xavier's School and an exchange led him to accept the offer. At the very least, it couldn't hurt, right? Besides, a free bed and warm food... for learning and doing chores? Yeah, that'd be a sweet set-up. It had been a while since he'd had that kind of place to go to. Id hasn't quite put together yet that he was likely extended this offer as much for being seen as a potential trouble-maker, as for his own potential.

Of course, this likely won't be as simple as Id is hoping it will... that and interacting with a lot more that are similar to him, will have it's benefits and challenges. As for a few last words: Id may not be the most experienced compared to others in the school, but he does have street smarts. A few other abilities of his: he can radiate auras (weak psychic field) of various feelings, which do not have to coincide with his own feelings at the moment though that is easier for him to do. Id can temporarily increase or lower the lighting in an area, and he can temporarily decrease the temperature in an area. He cannot make an area colder than 5° F, nor can he make an area pitch black though it can come near it. Additionally, he can 'read' through surface-level electrical discharges a person's general mood and stress level, and could learn to detect broad or general thought patterns (i.e. to detect if someone's intentions are other than what they say they are/lying). And finally, there is potential for him to learn to direct or control the flow of electrical currents, starting through physical contact... there would be a limit to voltage, but this would increase with experience and training.

Let me know if that all sounds good, any questions, or anything that could be tweaked.

I love it! You're the first person to reply to this post, so let's give it a few days or so and see who else bites.
Hello I am interested in joining your Rp!!

Awesome! We're still open for roles and what not, so if you wanna post a little about the character you wanna use, go right ahead!
SharkoTheLatexShork

Mah OC

Name: Sharko
Nickname: Fishy
age: Not really known, he couldn't remember because the people who engineered him wouldn't tell
Powers: fast swimming, ability to breath under water, manipulation of water
Dislikes: hot places, lack of water, people touching his tail
Image:EogTSoHXUAA3yOX.png
SharkoTheLatexShork

is this good?

Okay, I'm gonna give this 48 more hours before I start the group RP. I'll make a chat for all of us already joined in the discussions section so we can start discussing the RP and what not, and on Thursday morning, I will have the starter and the main group RP typed up and posted. So everyone has until then to join the RP, and to discuss anything they want to discuss before the story gets started. Let's see if we can get an awesome story going guys! I also want to remind people that people can still join the RP after the story starts, you'll just be the new kid in school :)
Hi! I am soo behind, but I just saw this and am totally interested if you guys are still letting people join! If not it's totally okay!

neokalie wrote:
Hi! I am soo behind, but I just saw this and am totally interested if you guys are still letting people join! If not it's totally okay!

We are totally still letting people in! Just tell us a little about your character, you can use me or The Outsider (Who plays as Id) as reference but I'm not looking for too much just enough to let us know the basics :)

Okay so everyone had a few more days to do any last minute stuff... My cat decided that my laptop needed to bathe in sweet tea over night and nearly broke the darned thing. Well, a few days later, a sacrifice to the laptop gods, and a husband who fixes technology, and I finally have my laptop back. So I'll be writing up the starter here shortly. I'm probably gonna have it done by tomorrow *crosses fingers*

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » XMen-Xavier's School for Gifted Youngste (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus