Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Puzzle 2 Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Puzzle 2 Symbol in Epic Week 2021. Please stay on topic. Remember, these puzzles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. In puzzles, all information you will need to solve it is contained within Epic Week materials.

Click here to visit the location of the Puzzle 2 Symbol
something to do with the jornal dated November 1583 I think, that one talks about a not being able to stop the eruption of a valcano.
this same page also mentions floating cities so I'm going to look for floating cities stuff

Edit: it is more likely that this has something to do with thee valcanos heart, I'll keep searching
7654melody7654 wrote:
something to do with the jornal dated November 1583 I think, that one talks about a not being able to stop the eruption of a valcano.
this same page also mentions floating cities so I'm going to look for floating cities stuff

Edit: it is more likely that this has something to do with thee valcanos heart, I'll keep searching
That's what I'm thinking. I'll have to look into it myself.
Wouldn't it be Newtonium? It says in one journal that they couldn't melt that one.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Shinyrainbowlithogra wrote:
Wouldn't it be Newtonium? It says in one journal that they couldn't melt that one.

Ooh, right you are--it may not be the answer itself, but perhaps it's related.
Ilmarinen Moderator

I'm unsure if this is relevant: perhaps these are the devices mentioned?

Qrowet4.png
Dragonfire Moderator

*rubs chin*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicic - This is talking about magma and other igneous rocks formed high in silica. That includes stuff like quartz, feldspar, granite, rhyolite...
Heimdall wrote:
I'm unsure if this is relevant: perhaps these are the devices mentioned?

Qrowet4.png
This was what I was thinking of earlier!
Ilmarinen Moderator

I can't tell what format the answer will be in, here.
Me neither. Unless it's a specific kind of mounting device we have to learn about?
Ilmarinen Moderator

That is very possible!
Wouldn't it be a rock that can't melt?
Dragonfire Moderator

High-silica magma is more explosive, hrm hrm....
Dragonfire Moderator

ChaosRain16 wrote:

The only rocks that don't melt are metamorphic, I think, and the clues are pointing towards the more igneous types.
Dragonfire wrote:
ChaosRain16 wrote:

The only rocks that don't melt are metamorphic, I think, and the clues are pointing towards the more igneous types.
Ah. Right. Hmmm...
Dragonfire Moderator

Unless it's talking about xenoliths, somehow.
Dragonfire Moderator

Or one of the different types of magma. https://www.nps.gov/para/learn/nature/how-magma-melts-and-mixes-below-ground-and-influences-eruption-characteristics.htm has a list of them. Or possibly pumice or obsidian.
Ah, by the way, does anyone know if the last clue is glitched or if that's a hint? LoL
Shinyrainbowlithogra wrote:
Ah, by the way, does anyone know if the last clue is glitched or if that's a hint? LoL
It's supposed to say "don't melt".
Ilmarinen Moderator

Tried dacitic, rhyolitic, felsic, pumice, and obsidian. Did not try "felsite" or "rhyolite," if those are words--unsure if they are. Monsters rolled up before I could try anything else!

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Puzzle 2 Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus