Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Puzzle 5 Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Puzzle 5 Symbol in Epic Week 2021. Please stay on topic. Remember, these puzzles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. In puzzles, all information you will need to solve it is contained within Epic Week materials.

Click here to visit the location of the Puzzle 5 Symbol
I have a feeling the answer to this clue is related to a letter from March 8, 584. If you think about it, the letter is referencing different types of crystals that are needed for an experiment. We may need to determine which one of those crystals is the answer.

Edit to add: It could also be one of the gems mentioned on the menu document.
it must be refeing to the Mohd scale then

emarlds are 7.5 to 8

glass has a 5.5 to 7

edit: it's either agate or quartz
edit 2; never mind
Gems have heavy symbolism and meanings. Maybe we need to find a gem that fits the first clue but falls into scale with the other clue.
Ardenweild wrote:
Gems have heavy symbolism and meanings. Maybe we need to find a gem that fits the first clue but falls into scale with the other clue.
I think I have an idea of what it is, but due to monsters, I can't solve it right away.
Dragonfire Moderator

Keep in mind that we're still missing a clue on this one, and all three clues are usually important to figuring out exactly what the answer is!
Dragonfire wrote:
Keep in mind that we're still missing a clue on this one, and all three clues are usually important to figuring out exactly what the answer is!
This is true.
Uh, could it be biblical? :) what with is saying that about Revelations (even if the book of the bible is Revelation) and it being holy...

https://biblehub.com/revelation/21-21.htm

https://biblehub.com/bsb/revelation/21.htm

The lower one there mentions Jerusalem, in part, so while I don't know what the third clue is, it could have something to do with that?
*Makes wild guess*

Also, I don't know if pearl is harder than glass, so I'm checking the Mohs scale.
I'm sensing a gemstone theme, hahaha. Should I have watched Steven Universe before this Epic Week?

Edit! Pearl is not, according to the Mohs scale, harder than glass. Derp. What is, though, is quartz, and it's also softer than emerald. :D
Ilmarinen Moderator

So, all the "Puzzle" symbols don't require outside trivia to solve, unlike the Dragon Symbol, Death Symbol, etc! For the Puzzles, all the info we need is contained within the site, barring general knowledge--like, you bringing up the Mohs scale is a great idea, and that may come into play!
Ooh, gotcha. Very useful information. Thanks. :)
I read about the wailing wall so if we find out what that is made of it might be the answer?
Wailing wall? What is that, if you please? :)
its also called the Western wall!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Wall
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Thanks for unlocking the third clue seagreen! :D
Ilmarinen Moderator

The third clue may have something to do with Usim and Rhozara--I believe he wanted to take zim for a starlight picnic on a mountaintop, though ze declined.
Dragonfire Moderator

Ah, the third clue! Excellent.

For starters, I think Shinyrainbowlithogra was on to something with the Mohs hardness scale. Conveniently we do have a list of gemstones in one of the research materials from Qrowet, so let's see where things rank:

Glass: 5.5 commonly, sometimes up to 7
Emerald: 7.5 - 8

Meanwhile, we've got from the listed materials:

diamond: 10
ruby: 9
sapphire: 9
agate: 6.5 - 7
carnelian: 6 - 7
rose quartz: 7
red jade: 6 - 7

So we can disregard the first three from the list, at least. The others could be candidates for whatever we need from that clue.
Dragonfire Moderator

I am really not sure what the first clue is referring to. There's nothing about actual walls referred to in the research material, so I suppose it's metaphorical? But...

Curiously, all of the gemstones that pass the right range for hardness are in the reds/oranges/pinks range of colour.
Ilmarinen Moderator

And is there a reason Revelation is capitalized? Hmm!
Dragonfire Moderator

The Genres are spoken of repeatedly in a sort of reverent way. Maybe the wall's a library bookshelf. :P
That would be cool!

:D As for Revelation, it could be something literal, the name of something or some place, et cetera, or even part of a code. I'm still not sure what those numbers are about. And then there are the runes... I can see that they're all over the portals and maybe some other stuff as well, but I don't know if they need to be decoded.
It's a mystery! 🧐 🕵️🔍

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Puzzle 5 Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus