Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Ancient Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Ancient Symbol in Epic Week 2021. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Ancient Symbol
Ilmarinen Moderator

Anyone know anyone who joined in 2011? :D
Mm. Nope. I don't think so! :,) I suppose I could look at the Introduction pages from that year and see who's still active. Lol.

Ur... Isn't that a forgotten realms thing? Hang on... Brain need tea... 👀 I recognize that though.
Dragonfire Moderator

LOL, if only this had something to do with Ea-Nasir.
Dragonfire Moderator

Although... Maybe something to do with Enheduanna.
Ilmarinen Moderator

MrW5mUX.gif
Dragonfire Moderator

I see you there, Heimdall!

...Anyway, Enheduanna was a poet and priestess in the Sumerian city-state of Ur. She wrote an exaltation to the goddess Inanna, and detailed her own expulsion from the city by her brother in it. Her father was the founder of the Akkadian empire, which... lasted either 180 years or 187 years, depending on method of reckoning.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "ninety years".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Heimdall, designer of this riddle wrote:
"The first clue leads us to En-Hedu-Anna, the first poet in recorded history. The second clue references a figure in her hymn "The Adoration of Inanna." En-Hedu-Anna calls for An and Inanna to smite the conqueror Lugal-Ane, who seized control of the city of Ur in the 24th century BCE. His empire collapsed upon his death, but the Sumerian list of kings claims he ruled for ninety years."
Dragonfire Moderator

Tracing down the ancient rabbit-hole of kings~
Ilmarinen Moderator

Mwahaha! Enheduanna is so cooool!
Nice job!! :) :D :O

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Ancient Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus