Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Fabled Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Fabled Symbol in Epic Week 2021. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Fabled Symbol
Dragonfire Moderator

...Baba Yaga.
Dragonfire Moderator

I think I remember that part of the Firebird story had to do with a horse that once belonged to Baba Yaga.

(And, of course, the hero of that tale was good ol' Ivan Tsarevich, Ivan of many faces.)
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "thrice-tenth kingdom".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Heimdall, designer of this riddle wrote:
"The first clue points you towards Russian folklore or mythology, since "Ivan" is a really common name for protagonists. The second references Baba Yaga's hut, which walks around on chicken legs. The thrice-tenth kingdom is referenced in lots of Russian myth as kind of like a faerie world. Heroes often have to go there on quests."
Dragonfire Moderator

Dragonfire wrote:
I think I remember that part of the Firebird story had to do with a horse that once belonged to Baba Yaga.

(And, of course, the hero of that tale was good ol' Ivan Tsarevich, Ivan of many faces.)

Turns out there are like three or four stories where Baba Yaga and Ivan-of-many-travels intersect! The thrice-tenth kingdom is something that comes up in the story of The Maiden Tsar.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Haha, great job! :D I wasn't sure if this one was gonna end up being really easy or really hard...

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Fabled Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus