Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Puzzle 10 Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Puzzle 10 Symbol in Epic Week 2021. Please stay on topic. Remember, these puzzles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. In puzzles, all information you will need to solve it is contained within Epic Week materials.

Click here to visit the location of the Puzzle 10 Symbol
Oh gosh, this one looks tricky. I still haven't finished the research notes, so I'll crack into the rest tonight, I suppose! :) This looks like a lot of work but if we work together, with the power of friendship, BTS*, and caffeine, I'm sure we can do it! :P :D :) :) :D :D XD

*(Or good old rock'n'roll, no judging. :p)
Ilmarinen Moderator

SO UH-- Now that we know Eladus met with a necromancer from the petition, I believe the answer to this could be:

Inilorh Moonfall, necromancer
Ilmarinen Moderator

OR: Braurael Gloom, necromancer

I believe Inilorh is mentioned in another article, too...
Ilmarinen Moderator

Yeah, this one! wizardingweekly1.png

I thought for a while they might be "the Bone Singer."
Dragonfire Moderator

“I had no idea” says the Buns in the Sun owner, but he’s probably talking to Peculiars Wildbrow, Editor of Wizarding Weekly.
Dragonfire Moderator

I also wish to note that I almost put inilorh’s name into this this earlier - I did put emnunydae and someone else - but before I could rollover happened and we haven’t had gold open since lol
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "Inilorh Moonfall the Bone Singer".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)

We learn in these letters that Eladus has done something that he knows the group would never agree with him about - but that will finally "fix the math" and allow their spell to work. He takes a necromancer up on their offer to use the undead as an energy sink. Thus, clue 1: A betrayal of the group, but perhaps not the land?

liri2.png

eladus5.png

eladus6.png

Clue 2: Whose idea was it?
There are two necromancers who are signatory to the open letter to Eladus, Inilorh Moonfall and Braurael Gloom. Both sign with "necromancer" as their specialty. However, if you look closely, the handwriting in Inilorh's signature matches the handwriting of the open letter. It seems that Inilorh is someone who takes initiative!

openletter.png

Clue 3: First Last Title
We see Inilorh mentioned in the article "New Moon, New Look?":

wizardingweekly1.png

Where Wizarding Weekly remarks that their signature style involves black robes and jewelry made from humanoid vertebrae.

Later, a Crack of Dawn Post article describes the Royal Family being antagonized by a black-robed figure who identifies itself as "the Bone Singer." One of the guards says the figure was "wearing so much carved bone it looked like it had on the spines of at least three people." This is Inilorh's signature look as identified in Wizarding Weekly!

crackofdown6.png

This figure is angry about the Volcanic Order "cannot hope to avert death without staring it in the face," a reference to needing necromancy included in the Order.

So, you've got Inilorh Moonfall, plus their title, the Bone Singer. :)
Dragonfire Moderator

I was reeeeeal worried for a few minutes when "Inilorh Moonfall, Necromancer" didn't work, and then attempted to put in half of the other names and titles that we knew about because rollover was approaching quick, hahah. Finally landed on the connection with the vertebrae and figured I'd give it a shot to try their other probable title.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Puzzle 10 Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus