Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » (IC) Offer a quest to the character above you

Greetings, surfers of the internet!

Got a simple lil' premise here that I'm sure y'all will enjoy. All you gotta do is take a good look at the character profile above you, take in the skills, talents and interest of the OC, and try to think of a quest idea that would suit them perfectly! Or not, you can also do the exact opposite, but the idea remains the same: investigate the character sheet, choose violence or peace, and create a quest for the character above you!

To make sure that this game'll keep on running smoothly and is enjoyable to all, there are a few minor rules that you have to follow. Most come straight from common sense, though I figured I'd write them out anyway, just in case someone isn't too familiar with 'yays' and 'nays'.

• Keep it PG13! In this context: don't offer NSFW-based quests and don't make creepy/sexual comments about characters.
  • In-Character posts only. Canon or fan-characters are as welcome as OCs, but OOC banter is to kept outta your posts at all costs.
  • No 'shell-posting', which means: if someone replies to your post, wait at least another round until you post again, otherwise you'll insta-kill all the posibilities of the person below you getting a reaction out of anyone else. Be mindful of others, share the spotlight!
  • Character pages are key: make sure to thoroughly read the one above you, and make sure you have enough information on yours.
  • Edge-lordery, bullying and stalking people who have blocked you through anon characters is the art of losers and has no place here.
Alright then, that's about it. Hope ye good folk enjoy this here game, and I'm looking forward to see what creative misadventures you can come up with for each other. Feel free to take my Ruffians as the first target of your quest-building shenanigans, go as wild as you please, comrades!
Someone has to get this thing started.

Ok, need you to bust someone out that's being held captive. Or you can pay the ransom.You in?

Quest me someone!
Lex (played anonymously)

Pay the ransom? where's the fun in that??

Your quest is....

Yeah..so there's this guy and now me being held captive, a little help wouldn't go amiss....

Edit: well I totally read things wrong *facepalm* thought it was below, not above
Flarus Kaehrson (played by GarnaalProductions) Topic Starter

"Ah.. my, my, my- you will do beyond merely flawlessly, darling.." Emerging from the shifting digital void that surrounded all, Flarus entered the scene with the flair and look of a man who knew he'd won the game. Issue was that this wasn't exactly a competition. Not that he cared. For a man so used to working alone, his willingness to cooperate was a victory on his own ego.

"You see, not a great many moons have passed since I received a quest that was soon revealed to require more than, let us say.. a bare minimal preparation. This quarry of mine, ah, she is a woman of intrigue and ebullience; not even my relatively rare race of Velox will manage to catch her eye and off-guard with it. But you, you are a shapeshifter.." Not like any sort of shapeshifter he'd dealt with before, either. No, this individual somewhat resembled the mischievous Daemons of old; able to bend how others perceived them to their will. Oh, the mountains he'd move to be blessed with that ability himself.

"Yes, I would hereby like to task you with the quest to infiltrate my quarry's ball in your most remarkable form, and use your charms to distract her, so I can make work of her dear carotid most quietly." The flow of his slender digits was bound to put a clear image of that into anyone's head. Flarus glistened with proud smugness; with their powers combined, he'd be a fortune richer in no time. "Would you possess the valor to accomplish this for me, darling? Your share'll be royal.."
Zaharah (played by hexblading)

"You clearly like the sound of your voice, don't you, darling? I personally find it rather likeable, myself, but for the moment you'll have to make do with keeping that pretty mouth closed." Rosaline cooed, stepping out of the darkness to walk in a circle around the unkempt canid-like creature, an elegant knife dancing between her fingertips. "I'd tell you to blame yourself for making too much of a ruckus, but from what I've seen, you clearly like attention."

"You and I seek the same quarry, and they've gone and hidden themselves in a hold not far from here. I'm not saying that you alerted them and made them go into hiding, but word travels incredibly fast when one is more grandiose than people of our standing should be." She smiled, withdrawing the blade. "I'd say live your best life, but in this situation it makes my job harder than it needs to be."

"You see, when Countess Ergent heard the Flarus Kaehrson was out for her life, she doubled her guards and went straight into Fari's Hold, the poor thing. It's going to take so long to plan around guard timings, but it seems neither of us can even get close to her alone." Ruby eyes still affixed to bright, warm yellow, she stopped right in front of him, pinching her chin in thought. "I can get us in and out without a trace, while you can get it done quickly and quietly."

"So, how about it? A little cooperation between assassins never did anyone harm."
The grasp on her palm was sudden and somewhat possessive, yet the rogue, deft if she was, surely could have retaliated but instead was met with the steely gaze of the figure whom had dared to make such a transgression, one whom the rogue had graced with her presence and her lips for but a fleeting moment yet never having met his acquaintance, what a quaint turn of events that they should once more find themselves in each others company. The first order of business ofcourse, was returning to the favor, to which end Marc lifted her hand to his lips and offered a subtle brush in what was equal parts greeting and admiration, he released thereafter not wanting to disregard what he was allowed.

" Dame Rosaline, a pleasure, I've heard of your exploits both against the Empire and her enemies and hold nothing but admiration." he spoke in a voice which was calm, deep and carrying the disciplined brogue of authority with each utterance " And from what I've heard... your skills surpass those of our most venerable Frumentarii, to which end I should hope to parlay with you, I realize men in uniform are often at the receiving end of your blade, but lend me an ear for just a few moments and perhaps we can come to terms. My forces lay siege to the alpine fort of Tregorne, it's defenders have made every effort to make it an impassable bulwark against the forces of the Empire, such that the might of the legions clashes with them as aimlessly as do sea waves against jagged cliffs, attrition i fear, is a worse enemy than whatever lay within the fort. Rumor has it you've got quite a talent for finding your way through these sorts of things, the task by no means shall be easy. Braving the elements of a steep mountain side, i require you to infiltrate via abandoned dwarven mines, utilize the resources there in to break yourself into the fort and proceed to sabotage the enemy's defense, collapse them from within as it were. If you deign that such a task cannot be accomplished within reason, we shall still reward you highly. Every good general is in need of a spy-master, and I'm afraid i do not make compromises upon quality and hence i find myself within the company of the best."

Marcus then parted from her, walking past her with hands tucked behind his back, before pausing and looking upwards as if reminiscing various stratagem in a sort of ambitious light.

" Naturally, i think the first question that comes to mind is, what can i offer in return ? The Empire is bountiful and I am a powerful man, my word carries it's weight across many realms, a countless many should hearken to you and offer their services, if it is wealth you want ? the Empire shall give you a share of denarius that would suffice even the most avaricious of beings likewise for treasure and commodity, rare artifacts perhaps ? i have a fair few in my collection I'd be willing to offer, they'd be more of use to someone whom prefers arcane utilities like yourself than me. I know you will not be bought easily, but I give you my word as a man of honor, see this task done for the good of the Empire and i shall lay by your feet the stead of kings and queens if not more. Such a deed would earn my eternal camaraderie Spymistress, I've uttered enough i suppose, I expect you'll know where I am if you're interested, you always maintain an excellent vigil after all, Valé my Dame, I hope to cross paths with you again. "
I quest you to go sail the vast sea and retrieve a ruby from a deep cave in a secluded island for me. I would get it myself but i’m gonna be busy doing what the next person tells me to do.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » (IC) Offer a quest to the character above you

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus