Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Digital Art, Rawr?

Hello guys!
I know there are TONS of tutorials about how to turn a sketch into digital art using both Gimp and Photoshop, the thing is, I've been searching and it just doesn't seem I know what I'm doing. =P
Could someone help me out with this? Whether it's with GIMP or Photoshop, if you could give me a few intructions, or direct me to a tutorial you think is good, then I'll love you forever!
I could be considered a photoshop expert! (for the most part)
Is there anything in particular you need help with besides just sketching?
Annie_isOkay Topic Starter

=D Thanks! I think the first thing I have to do is scan the picture. Check

Then open it in photoshop. Check.

Then I'm completely lost. I know I have to somehow ink it and then it magically will look amazing when I color it, but it turned out to be harder than it seemed =o
Okay well here is my first question for you, do you have a drawing tablet or do you use computer mouse?

I'm using a computer
Sorry, I mean do you have a drawing tablet? Otherwise, with a mouse this will become pretty difficult if you're not used to drawing with a mouse.

Huh, not at the moment, but I'll try to do it with the mouse. If it doesn't turn out good then I'll just try again next week when I can get my hands on one.

Okay. Randon luck. Now I have one. Lol
wow! XD okay, anyways. you'll need to trace over the work you've already done. its going to be pretty hard to explain this without showing you.
So i made this video especially for you! I hope it helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QSdOUfwLAg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUkLiPhPAQn20-GeETydGliw

if youd like me to another one, let me know!

It's just what I needed! Thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks... [To the infinite and beyond!]

288.gif
no problem! Like i said, if youd like a more detailed (better) tutorial, just let me know!

No, no it'ts perfect. Thanks! I'll ask if I have any doubts. At first, the brush didn't work making the background white, it just erased everything, but then I figured out. At last! =D

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Digital Art, Rawr?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus