Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Custom Species: Let’s Share.

nightmqre

I’ve been getting back into all of this recently, especially since I got into a major slump due to finishing high school permanently. To fill this slump, myself (along with several of my friends) have been developing an entirely custom species for a Minecraft build that we’ve been making happen over the past few weeks when we’ve had time.

It’s helped pull me out of this slump I was and still slightly am in, and if anybody wants to hear about it, I’ll gladly share

But

I want everyone to share their own creations: species, wildlife, anything. What are they like? What do they look like? Do they have any cultural standards? Any political advancement or governing?
Chiara (played by AdoboKitty)

I've made too many to even count, but one of my characters, Chiara is basically a killer whale type of mermaid. They grow larger with age and are mostly wave riders, bonding with different sea creatures to use for combat. Like underwater K-9 units. Since their species grow with age, they have to swap out to larger and larger bonded animals until they're too big to do so. Then they go into either their matriarch cycle or in their sage cycle. In these cycles they are no longer too active in combat but instead focus on child and family rearing or in passing down knowledge to the next generation. They are a matriarchal society mainly due to males never reaching the huge size of females. The males still grow in side depending on age, but there is significant sexual dimorphism as males never reach the size of females in their matriarch cycle, their lives are also significantly less long lived due to them being more active in combat as well as usually dying after the mating, being too tired to make the return trip to their home waters.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Custom Species: Let’s Share.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus