Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Should i make a Fursona?

When i was younger, i was in fact thinking of making a Fursona myself because tbh i like Furries, and never enjoyed the reason why everybody hated on them. I know why they were constantly hated on, but i don't think it was right at all. Back in the day, i was thinking of making one but never brought one to paper. If i should make a Fursona now, please tell me your best suggestions! I'd love to read them!
Furry here.
If you want to make a fursona, go for it! I know there's a lot of people that don't like furries, but if anything, they're just like OCs. They're not hurting anyone, are they?

Now, as for species suggestions... That's up to you. Go wild! The possibilities are endless. Do you want a popular species, such as a wolf or a fox? Do you want an uncommon species, something that'll make you stand out? What about a hybrid? How about a mythical beast, like a gryphon? The furry fandom has a bunch of made-up species as well, such as Sergals, Protogens, Manokits and Dutch Angel Dragons... Those are worth a look!
I don't wanna be the one to tell you what your fursona is, but if you're having trouble creating a fursona, then feel free to let me know! There are lots of options, but maybe I can help you pick a beast that would suit your interests. :D
Luscinioide

The furry hate train is just that - people hating on it for no reason. It's pretty much just a bunch of grouchy edgelords who can't come up with any other excuse than 'b-but I DON'T LIKE IT so no one else is allowed to!!'. Just tune them out and enjoy what you enjoy. People are a lot more acceptant of the community these days, especially on Twitter, Toyhouse, and Deviantart.

I'm a grown adult with a giant, pastel, pink-and-blue chubby dragon fursona. I've gone through about four or five over the years, and you probably will too. Pretty much my only advice is to accept that it's going to change - a lot - so you shouldn't pour too much time or effort into creating the perfect design. Make it as ugly, gaudy, neon-rainbow-ohgodwhy as you want, or simplistic and boring if that's your thing. It doesn't have to look like you, either. I obviously am not an eight foot tall thicc dragon. All that matters is that you like it.

I wouldn't fret too much on the species. Just do whatever's cool. It doesn't really need to be some deep, metaphorical thing that somehow encompasses who you are into it. If you're a first timer, I recommend avoiding anything that has long fur because it's going to be an absolute PITA to do designs and patterns on; go for something that's either feathered, short-furred, or scaled.
Moving_Wine_Addicted Topic Starter

Saturninum wrote:
The furry hate train is just that - people hating on it for no reason. It's pretty much just a bunch of grouchy edgelords who can't come up with any other excuse than 'b-but I DON'T LIKE IT so no one else is allowed to!!'. Just tune them out and enjoy what you enjoy. People are a lot more acceptant of the community these days, especially on Twitter, Toyhouse, and Deviantart.

I'm a grown adult with a giant, pastel, pink-and-blue chubby dragon fursona. I've gone through about four or five over the years, and you probably will too. Pretty much my only advice is to accept that it's going to change - a lot - so you shouldn't pour too much time or effort into creating the perfect design. Make it as ugly, gaudy, neon-rainbow-ohgodwhy as you want, or simplistic and boring if that's your thing. It doesn't have to look like you, either. I obviously am not an eight foot tall thicc dragon. All that matters is that you like it.

I wouldn't fret too much on the species. Just do whatever's cool. It doesn't really need to be some deep, metaphorical thing that somehow encompasses who you are into it. If you're a first timer, I recommend avoiding anything that has long fur because it's going to be an absolute PITA to do designs and patterns on; go for something that's either feathered, short-furred, or scaled.

Oh my.. Thank you!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Should i make a Fursona?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus