Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » ・:✥ Adventures in Isakar | Fantasy + (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

cover.png
"the journey only ends once you decide it must."
. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : ════════════ ༻✦༺ ════════════ : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

TIDINGS, TRAVELER . . . Welcome to my search thread! I'm really feeling some stories involving found family themes, exciting adventure quests and some good ole party bonding shenanigans right now. So I'd like to find some players who either enjoy playing multiple characters (at least 2 or more characters) or would like to form a party with a small group of players (3-4 max). Players must be able to write novella style responses, be alright with themes that contain mild violence, and should know to avoid OP or god-modding situations both in and out of character. Romance is completely optional. There isn't any overarching plot for this one, just anything we can come up with!

I have a wide variety of characters who could be fit to play, you can find them in my profile! If they are public, then they are free to use in roleplay.

The general rating for this RP is PG to PG-13 so that our younger players and characters can join in on the fun (child and teen characters are more than welcome). For more housekeeping info, check out the Part Two section of this thread. Thank you for your interest! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread or shoot me a PM.

PART ONE || THE LORE AND MAP
Here you can find the starter lore I have for this world so far. It includes world map, kingdoms, demographics, and guilds. This certainly doesn't have to be set in stone if everyone wants to do their own world-building once the group comes together! But, this should hopefully be a good base for us regardless of how much or how little world building we do.

map.png
art (c) me

Where . . . Isakar is a medium continent located in the north-western hemisphere. The climate of this region may vary, from harsh cold arctic climates in the far north to temperate regions near its center and mediterranean temperatures near the southern borders. As of the current age, Isakar runs under a feudal government system with six greater houses and four lesser greater houses. There are a scattering of villages, some notable ones include Avaleen, Frey, Elbern and Bonetown. In this current time period, it is uncertain of what lies beyond the Endless Sea. Many believe it to be a flat endless ocean while others have begun to consider exploration.

Neorn
House Verayne
Snow Elves
neorn.png
Illyia
House Lachance
Humans
illyia.png
Noria
House Faelyn
High Elves
noria.png
Del Varde
House Rosewood
Humans
del-varde.png
Meridia
House De La Rue
Humans
meridia.png
Thalantis
House Corvus
Dark Elves
thalantis.png

Cardeen
House Perigee
Loyal to House Faelyn
Moon Elves
cardeen.png
Rhinefall
House De Coeur
Loyal to House De La Rue
Humans
rhinefall.png
Aeos
House Chanticleer
Loyal to House Lachance
Humans
aeos.png
Endor
House Redford
Loyal to House Rosewood
Humans
endor.png

Who . . . While Humans are the most abundant to this region of the world, they share the native world space with High Elves, Moon Elves, Wood Elves, Lynxkinn and Fox Folk as well as small populations of Snow Elves and Wolfmen. The Fae were once populous but now only exist in tiny pocket diasporas within the Timberlands and the Otherworlds. Recently, there have been an influx of immigrant peoples from beyond the Endless seas. Such people groups include Orcs, Dwarves, Dark Elves, Sun Elves and Scalesmen. Meanwhile, the Warforged find themselves freed from the control of men and wander in search of purpose.

Humans:
◆ Meridian
◆ Illyian
◆ Thalosi
◆ Norian
◆ Khaldaric
Elves:
◆ Sun Elf
◆ Dark Elf
◆ Snow Elf
◆ Moon Elf
◆ Wood Elf
Beastfolk:
◆ Wolfmen
◆ Lynxkinn
◆ Foxkinn
◆ Scalesmen
Half Races:
◆ Half Elf
◆ Half Orc
◆ Half Dwarf
◆ Half Fae

Orcs:
◆ Gorgon
◆ Goblin
◆ Hobgolin
◆ Orgre
Dwarves:
◆ Snow Dwarf
◆ Gray Dwarf
◆ Gold Dwarf
◆ Wild Dwarf
Fae:
◆ Pixie
◆ Nymph
◆ Druid
◆ Sprite
War Forged:
◆ Tactician
◆ Jaggernaut
◆ Scout
◆ Envoy

When . . . The current year is 1495 AP (After the Phoenix). It is the wanning of the 2nd Dark Age and the early start of a new Renaissance. The fall of the Caessian Empire in 1400 AP was the start of great demographic, cultural, scientific and economic deterioration throughout the realm. Many religious doctrines state the 2nd Dark as the fall of religious faith while the consensus of arcane scholars is that it was the death of 'light among cultural and scientific achievements." In the west, the dawn of a new crusade is on the tongues of the faithful, poisoning the mind of a young conqueror. The breath of war lingers in the colonies in the east. The slave trade has become a lucrative business and eastern narcotics have found their way on ships to the west coast.

Yet knighthood is on the rise with four main holy orders maintaining prominence throughout the realm: The Order of the Unseen Eye (Pale Knights), The Order of the Phoenix (Ember Knights), The Order of the Umbra (Shadow Knights) and The Order of the Rose (Thorned Knights).

The Gilded Swan
Merchant’s Guild
guilded-swan.png

Working as both caravan traders, merchant fleets and trained bankers, the Gilden Swan began in Meridia as a humble merchant’s shop within the edges of the Timberlands. Within a single generation, it expanded to a banking clan that now manages properties, markets and finances all across the realm. It’s not uncommon for Elder Swans to act as financial advisors within the courts of royals and the guild may also manage resources within other guilds as well. The guild is currently overseen by twin entrepreneurs Iriae and Erisaline Laferriere.
Dawn’s Chorus
Bard & Actor’s School
dawn-chorus.png

Named after an old elven ballad of the same name, the song recounts the adventures of a mystical bard whose songs were what caused the sun to rise every morning. In the wake of a new age, the famed ruffian Victor Lagosi sings bold tales of his traveling theatre, made up of mistfit minstrels, struggling performers and curious creatures from beyond the Endless Sea (or so the fool says). Yet if one can look past the colorful streamers and enchanting music, they might stumble upon an ambitious thieves guild in the making.
Good Neighbors
Ranger’s Guild
good-neighbors.png

It was started by a bastard son of the Duke of Endor, a lad going going by Siro Alvotarie. During the 2nd Dark age, he rode west with 400 men and women order to protect the Timberland peoples from the once dangerous monsters who prowled the dark woods. Here they made an alliance with the Wood Elf tribes as well as the native Dire Wolves, both of which are still upheld to this day. Able to quell the dark magic of the shadowy woods, This guild’s current purpose serves the realm as forest guides, wildlife hunters and peacekeepers.

The Keepers
Slaver’s Guild
keepers.png

A roguish order of ex-thieves and assassins, they prowl Isakar in search of slaves to capture and sell to upper nobility and to buyers abroad. Their profit comes largely from abducting by chance, though they may sometimes plan the kidnappings of those they believe to be worthy of a suitable ransom. It's boasted there isn't anyone in Isakar that they can't find. Their leader, known only as The Crow, is a cruel dark haired woman bearing a webbed scar across her face. The Keepers currently hold a thin alliance with The Iron Circle.
Children of Ember
Scribe & Arcane Academy
children-of-ember.png

Started by the Church of Emporem under the Elven Princess Ardnae Faelyn during the Age of Fire, this faction upholds themselves as astute historians, scribes, teachers and mages to whom they devote their lives to recording history and honing the skills of young magic users. They proclaim themselves as humble servants of their goddesses, of which they are said to worship over a thousand deities. A neutral faction in the ways of war, the Children of Ember have made solemn vows to grant their services regardless of status or side.
The Iron Circle
Mercenary Company
iron-circle.png

Based on the rocky cliffs past the Dead Man’s Land, the Iron Circle is made up of dishonored knights, gladiators and hardened mercenaries. A cutthroat fighter's guild, this order of warriors is feared throughout the realm as tales of their bloodlust is more than well known. Their signature iron crosses are scattered over the mountain side, where they nail those they conquer overlooking their iron fortresses. Former knight Sir Athen Blacktyde has become their leader, going by the Black Bull due to the black horned helm he wears.

PART TWO || THE FAQ
What if I need to drop out of the RP suddenly?
Life happens, I totally get it! Please let me know if you need to step out. If it's temporary, we can find ways to work around your character. If its permanent, definitely let me know we that we can find a replacement.

Will we be using character sheets?
Definitely, as your fellow players will need something to reference back on through our journey. Though if you have already made profile on here for your character then there's no need to make a new one!
How many characters can I play?
Everyone will play one main character. You are not required to play minor character or NPCs unless you want to! You are more than welcome to give your main OC a pet, a familiar, anything! Play as many as you feel comfortable playing.

Will we be using dice and any type of rolling system?
Nope, freeform for this one. I will be using dice from my side just to keep things interesting - maybe I'll set up a scenario based on a dice roll or decide actions for the plot that I haven't already set up. I like to keep everyone on their toes, after all!

. . . UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN, TRAVELLER
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.
Romance 30%
Some romance is possible, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played with a small group of players.

Isolus Topic Starter

+Smol bump -- Waiting back on responses, but could use a few more players!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » ・:✥ Adventures in Isakar | Fantasy + (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus