Skip to main content

Forums » Help » How do you post an image??

Every time I try to add an image to a post it shows up as just a block of text like this:

[img]https://scontent-bos3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/237823493_4483867191645394_2387221097273628471_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=kjKDJ7IJNu4AX_OgncE&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=75bf5b1b9a71b7a3bac5c3d8320fafe0&oe=618AAA53[/img]

Help?
They'll only work if the URL ends in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png. Sometimes the way an image is being hosted will allow you to just clip the URL down to a spot where it'll then have that type of ending, but usually the part being removed with that attempt is actually key in accessing the image in the first place. Usually, you'll need to upload the image somewhere else, where it'll give you the right type of URL to display it.

Incidentally, if the image is something you'd upload to a character profile anyway (and you have enough slots), the URL you'd get from an image you uploaded on RPR should work just fine. It's been awhile since I poked around to see which image hosts still give the right types of links, though; the one I used to use changed it to a paid feature, and another I used for a bit but that wasn't really meant to be that type of image host changed things around to make the needed type of URL inaccessible (not sure if for privacy stuff or to reduce/prevent hotlinking like I was doing). I think there's a number of options different people will suggest, though!
Abissh Topic Starter

Zelphyr wrote:
They'll only work if the URL ends in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png. Sometimes the way an image is being hosted will allow you to just clip the URL down to a spot where it'll then have that type of ending, but usually the part being removed with that attempt is actually key in accessing the image in the first place. Usually, you'll need to upload the image somewhere else, where it'll give you the right type of URL to display it.

Incidentally, if the image is something you'd upload to a character profile anyway (and you have enough slots), the URL you'd get from an image you uploaded on RPR should work just fine. It's been awhile since I poked around to see which image hosts still give the right types of links, though; the one I used to use changed it to a paid feature, and another I used for a bit but that wasn't really meant to be that type of image host changed things around to make the needed type of URL inaccessible (not sure if for privacy stuff or to reduce/prevent hotlinking like I was doing). I think there's a number of options different people will suggest, though!

Oh...Thank you!!!
I tend to use imgur. It’s a bit clunky but they allow you to link to your uploaded images and even give you a convenient link to copy.
Abissh Topic Starter

Dawnia wrote:
I tend to use imgur. It’s a bit clunky but they allow you to link to your uploaded images and even give you a convenient link to copy.

Thanks I’ll give that a try!

You are on: Forums » Help » How do you post an image??

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus