Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for long-term, plot/lore-heavy R (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Some things that might get you hooked on this post:
-Ardor has a variety of time-periods, making plots extremely flexible. Want a medieval setting? The right half of Dancis is your ideal place. Want tribal? The left half of Dancis. Underwater technology? Adepth might tickle your fancy! Cyberpunk? Lusteria is for you! Leaven has more modern-ish technology, and Cloudia is what you'd imagine modern American technology to be like if we spent less time trying to build nukes and more time promoting world peace. They have mandatory mental health classes, and their overall curriculum is wildly different than any earth school.
-Character design is also incredibly flexible! There's 4 races and 14 elements, all of which you can read about here!
-LGBTQA+ characters are the norm! In fact, there's very little distinction between LGBTQA+ and "cishet". They don't separate the two; you are what you are, nobody is super concerned. A person's pronouns are often included in a formal/informal introduction (along with their name, maybe their occupation, depending on how formal the introduction is), gender, pronouns, presentation, and identity are all independent, and sexuality has almost totally different names due to the fact that hermaphrodites are common on Ardor (thanks mostly in part to plant elementals being literal sentient plants), so "bi" doesn't mean what it does here, it's generally introduced as "bi with a preference for [gender] and an aversion to [gender]."

Things to keep in mind:
-If you want to put your existing characters on Ardor, you must modify them in the form of an AU at the very least so they are one of the 4 species and have an element. There are no bird/people hybrids on Ardor because humans don't even exist! But if you wish to use an existing character design, that's 110% okay with me! Minor Modifications may need to be made, but I won't be too pushy with forcing you to add stuff that doesn't fit your character. Hell, I've even worked around rules before for friends! So don't worry <3

Potential Plots:
-I have a lot of stories where I need side characters! If you're up for having your character written into a book of mine one day, I'd love to have you >: D
-Gay romance gay romance ga-

What I will do:
-Graphic Gore (I know it says at the bottom 1 for combat, but, I'm not opposed to it whatsoever, it's just not what I have in mind.)
-Make new characters so we can have our own little plot together rather than you just stuffing one of yours into my story! <3
-Serious topics, such as se/h ha/m, ab/se, etc.
-Anything set on Ardor, basically. I literally am so starved for RP please--

What I won't do:
-Graphic Horny RP. I don't mind innuendo, I'm almost an adult, I just. don't want anyone to get in trouble with the law over internet smut, yk? It really isn't worth it.
-Anything outside Ardor. I mentally beat myself up if I don't spend time working on Ardor, and additionally my attention span for reading other's lore is incredibly short. It's not that I don't care, it's my ADHD, I'm so sorry.
-That's about it sdfhjsdfh

About me:
-I'm 17! So uh, no horni RP pls, thanks-- I'm obviously mature enough for a "fade to black" or allusion to it or whatever, but nothing graphic.
-I can handle just about any content in written text. Ab/se, ea/ing di/orders, etc. none of that bothers me. I can handle written yelling, written horror descriptions, etc. but visuals and audio might heck me up. This is basically a long way of saying "I have no triggers" asghsjdfh
-I have a very rough homelife and quite a bit of baggage, so uh, try to be patient with me. If I'm having a rough day, it often translates in the way I type. Ask me if you've upset me, the answer is always no. Just communicate, I'm very tone deaf, so I can't tell how I'm coming off.
-I have ADHD, so the above is just, ten times worse-- I take medication for it, but all of it comes in the morning and has worn off by like 5 PM EST.
-I'm in EST! Ohio, to be specific (and believe you me that's as specific as I'll get publicly). Oh my god, I hate it here, there's only corn and racists.

What I'm looking for:
-Someone with some spare time. I want you to be able to type a reply and also talk to me a bit in the same day. If you take a bit to reply, that's totally okay, I understand! People have jobs, lives, etc. and quality over quantity. However, if you're only available an hour a week and 50 of those minutes are spent typing a reply, well-- I want to be friends with my RP buddy.
-A friend. I really like talking to people I RP with, especially as friends.
-Someone over the age of 15. I'm 17, so anyone under 15 is kinda uncomfy for me to talk to? If you want to approach me that's cool, I just, get uncomfortable reaching out to like a 14 year old because it feels weird (Don't lie about your age either, it doesn't help anyone, trust me, I'd know).

Deal Breakers:
-Sexists, homophobes, racists, ableists, and you lot (I doubt there are many here, but I feel the need to say it anyway just to be safe) need not apply.
-People who agree that hitting children is fine (no, seriously, frick you.)
-People who think lolicon is fine because iTs jUsT fAnTaSy
-I think that's it, but I might have to come back and re-add stuff
-Low effort RPers. I'm not a grammar nazi, I don't care about typos. What I do care about is if you actually?? give a heck about what we're RPing. "hi" as a starter doesn't scream interest. Do not message me if you're a low-effort RPer.

Where to find me:
I have toyhouse, Deviant art, Discord, and here! Discord is my preferred place to RP but I can absolutely do here! And don't worry about wanting to do private RPs on discord; the Ardor server has private channels! And if one doesn't fit for us, I'll make one >: D

AngelBirdo#2704

If you've got any questions, please PM me! I'm not getting notifications for replies on the forum for some reason so uh, yeah!

Have a wonderful day! <3
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 10%
Small possibility of combat, usually brief and not detailed.
Romance 40%
Romance is slightly desired, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

AngelBirdo Topic Starter

I just realized I left quite a bit out, I'm very sorry, I got excited! I'm gonna edit the post and add stuff like potential plots, stuff about my existing characters, etc.!

Update: edit made!! Sorry again!! <3
Whoa what is this? This looks so cool!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for long-term, plot/lore-heavy R (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus