Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Looking to trade an item

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if someone would be willing to trade me an enchanted cloak or a dragon tooth. I know that's a lot to ask for, but I have all of my character slots filled and ideas for new characters.

I have a number of items including:

1x super party hat of healing
3x part hats of healing
2x medicinal plants

I will gladly give all of these items for one of the previously mentioned desired items.
What I told someone else applies here, too, including to the medicinal plants.
Zelphyr wrote:
You probably won't have much luck offering items like party hats and stimspray to trade, as those items are basically always freely available in The Epic Armory. ^^;

I've seen folks trade things like art commissions for desired items, though. :) And the items aren't all that expensive to buy from RPR, so long as you have a method of payment to use (and you'd be helping to support the site that way!).
Uriel376 Topic Starter

I'm aware of the fact that the items aren't expensive for some people. But I have to take care of all the bills and taxes for my house. Not to mention the fact that I'm not allowed to make purchases online because I've had my information stolen on both instances. That's why I can't buy one despite my strong desire to.
Yeah, I know some folks aren't able to buy them anyway. ^^; I know not everyone can offer to trade art or such for one reason or another too, but that's just a more common go-to, not necessarily the only option. Overall, the items to offered to trade are just... less likely to get you a trade than just generally putting out a request, or letting folks know "hey, if you want to get me a gift for the holidays or my birthday or something, this is a thing I'd appreciate!"

Actually, on the note of gifts... if I remember right, RPR is able to accept non-specific gift cards for payment, too! The ones that aren't specific to a certain store tend to function identically to debit cards, except that they don't have any personal information to steal connected to them. You still have to be careful of scams that are just out to take the money, but your identity and such would be safe. A lot of the standard big, all-the-things stores (Walmart, Fred Meyer, Safeway, etc) sell such cards, and you can tell the cashier how much money you want on it. Just another idea, whether you'd get one yourself or, again, let someone else know it's a gift you'd appreciate.

I'm sorry you've had to deal with stolen info, though. :( Any idea what happened? Like, did the place you tried to buy from have a nasty security flaw or turn out to be a scam? Is there any chance you picked up malware somewhere that was watching your input? In the case of outright scams, a lot of times your bank/credit union might be able to help in some ways (same for PayPal, if you used that; I don't know much about other pay services that have been gaining popularity). I can understand still avoiding it as much as possible, though. I'd try assuring you of RPR's security, but I have no proof to offer beside just stating I haven't had any issue myself, and a site's security doesn't matter if the actual problem is malware on your device.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Looking to trade an item

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus