Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » [ Studio Ghibli Nostalgia ] (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

I got nostalgic and ended up rewatching a bunch of Studio Ghibli films, and through the power of brain rot and no self control, I’ve made a variety of prompts based on various Studio Ghibli works! I’m totally open to making new plots, rambling about ideas- even world building on the concepts of the worlds and creating on it. I’m a sucker for just general rambling and discussing, so if you got ideas, feel free to share!

As for more specifics on my ‘do’s and don’ts’
- I do not, under any circumstance, deal with smut. For one it makes me uncomfortable, and two I don’t really see any need for it in any of these plots. Just doesn’t really, at least to me, make sense. Things like mentions of it in your character's background, sure fine with that. But never toward my characters. Many of them are also ace because… haha self projection. So please be mindful of that.
- I’m perfectly fine with romance in roleplays, but I don’t necessarily want it to be the entire rp. Even with it not being a major point, I’m open to it still being part of the story and having moments of stupid feelings between characters. I’m kinda a sucker for romance so I’m open for many soft moments and (well executed) cliche stuff 💀. Just gotta discuss it beforehand if you’re interested.
- please let me know about any triggers or topics that you want to avoid! I honestly don’t have many things I have issues with, but I never wanna make someone uncomfortable with a topic they rather avoid. I may forget to ask you about it in PMs, but I will try to be mindful of most sensitive contents if I’m not informed regardless- but some of my ocs do touch on touchy subjects in their backstories and plots. If anything iffy is brought up with an oc, and you state your uncomfortableness, then I’ll just offer up another oc! I have a plethora of them, so don’t feel bad if the oc doesn’t fit your vibe!
- Please don’t do one-liners. I’m literate and tend to write my responses at a minimum of three paragraphs. My starters tend to be much longer, and I also tend to try to match length depending on replies. So at least try a paragraph please.

Aside from this things: let’s get into plots >:D

Most the prompts are generally the same premise, but with the role of Y/c (Your character) and M/C (my character) switching
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

The spore jungle… ever since many could remember, it has been a constant part of life. Toxic spores that suffocated most every living thing. Aside from bugs, just inhaling the spores of the toxic plants could cause you to die. Over many generations, the human race has slowly dwindled to communities, kingdoms they call them. And everyday these communities dwindle more and more. Both from the threat of the spores overcoming the once thriving towns, to even themselves, at war with each other for jumbles of reasons.
Even with the threats and dangers of the spore jungle, many often find themselves drawn to it. Be it spite of the toxic world they now live in, throwing wrath to the massive bugs, or be it curiosity, trying to decipher just why the world has turned this way. For whatever purpose, your character too has been drawn to the toxic greenery.
And what awaits them but a stranger, somehow pulled to the treacherous landscape as well.

Prompt 1:
y/c finds m/c deep inside the spore jungle- and to their surprise… they seem to not need a mask… and also keeps humming at Y/C like some- bug??

Prompt 2:
While scouring the spore jungle, Y/C sees smoke in the distance. Upon further investigation, a crashed plane is found, and while raiding for materials, finds a survivor.

Howl’s Moving Castle

Ah yes a land of enchantment and wonder, where magic roams free and you can always find some wizard or witch lurking in some town place. Ingary. From Howl, the stealer of hearts, to the Witch of the Waste, or to the royal witch, Madame Suliman.
But beware. For known to many are the demons that haunt every magician’s practice. Tales spoken of curses that convert a person’s true form. And the most wretched of all, humanity and the call of war.
Perhaps a wizard, perhaps a human, perhaps a cursed being, whatever may you be, Ingary is a home and one to shun you of your existence. However, despite this, you’re here in the great country. Who knows just what… or perhaps who… awaits you in this fantastical journey.

Prompt 1:
A newly arrived Y/C has to make some kind of roots in Ingary, needing a job as well as a place to stay. And to their luck, a job seems to fit them just as well as start, and even offers them to stay in the employer’s home. But it seems Y/C’s luck isn’t all that great when meeting M/C, a magician who could seem less than interested in Y/C’s existence outside of their job.

Prompt 2:
It wasn’t the most peculiar thing for someone cursed to come wandering to Y/C. They seemed to have a knack for it after all. However, when a new cursed comes with something even Y/C can’t seem to crack the cure of, and Y/C’s unfortunate policy of ‘100% curse removal’, M/C is stuck with Y/C until the blasted curse can be removed.

Kiki’s Delivery Service

Every young magician, when they reach the prime age of 13, has to leave their family behind for a year in order to go out into the world. They find a town, and settle down to practice their magic and pick a specific practice that will become their signature magic! From potions and spells to enchantments and tarot, there’s many things a young witch can learn to master. Some take after their family, some more wildly and bizarre! But nonetheless, this year of time away from family allows for the young magic user to learn to better themself, to prepare for the responsibilities of the world ahead of them.
Of course though, not everyone is born with the ability to use magic. A majority actually. But it still really is a wonderous thing, isn’t it? To watch as a new magician rides into town, head held high and prestigiously as they make a statement that they’ve decided your town, yes yours, is their new stomping ground for a year. Perhaps they’ll help, perhaps they’ll be a nuisance.
Afterall, not all witches and wizards are quite the nicest.

Prompt 1:
Y/C was having a typical day, hanging out with friends and walking around the town from some activity. However behind your group was a rather prominent commotion- and if not the gust of wind that caught your attention first, your eyes surely would have seen the person riding on a broom just a second too late. A new magician. In your town??

Prompt 2:
Y/C had reached the age of 13 and as per tradition was forced to go and find their talent. Wandering for a while, trying to find a city that suited them. Perhaps even looking for a mentor. Whatever may be the case, their search ends eventually as they stumble onto a city which piqued their interest- and as many magicians always do, riding their broom above the streets to announce their claim to the town, so did you. And while your head held high, or perhaps shrouded in mystery, you had made a statement. And had caught the eye of someone…

Prompt 3:
Y/C had lived in a big city for most of their life. And, things went upside down one day when your family moved to the rural countryside far from your home in the city. Why? Well, that’s for you to imagine. And, really, how Y/C feels about this isn’t my place to say… but in whatever state of mind they’re in, they meet a child who's the same age as them. And what friendship could grow? And what curiosity does the rural kid hold?

Princess Monoke

“In ancient times, the land lay covered in forests, where, from ages long past, dwelt the spirits of the gods. Back then, man and beast lived in harmony, but as time went by, most of the great forests were destroyed. Those that remained were guarded by gigantic beasts… who owed their allegiance to the Great Forest Spirit, for those were the days of gods and demons.”
- Intro to Princess Monoke

Prompt 1:
For whatever reason, your character finds themself wandering through the woods. Perhaps they know this forest is protected by a god, a giant beast, perhaps they don’t know. However, amongst the trees and the sunshine filtering through the leaves, Y/C finds a traveler just as well. Standing in a pond, arms outstretched to the little bits of sunlight. And what stranger than a stranger with so many Kodama staring and clacking to their presence.

And more to come soon as I watch more and more nostalgia Ghibli ^^. And if you got an idea for something inspired by Studio Ghibli, then I'm totally up to just brainstorming up ideas without any of the prompts! Most these prompts are just a starting place of sorts.
Also- make sure to shoot me a PM because I will end up forgetting this post at times and probably not check TvT.
Your_Typical_Potato Topic Starter

*bump ^^
Your_Typical_Potato Topic Starter

Bumpity bump ^^

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » [ Studio Ghibli Nostalgia ] (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus