Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Furcadia and TGT

So what exactly are furcadia and this other place TGT? I've seen them mentioned a couple of times already, but when i looked at them... i got confused.
Furcadia is a program for chatbox RP. It lets players create their own "dreams" which are small servers where people can craft a world of their own and let others RP in it.
TGT is one of said dreams, situated in the mature side of the program and focusses entirely on slavery stuff.

At least that's my knowledge, I don't actually enjoy using the program all that much.
I also love avoiding the mature content section entirely, there's some weird stuff there.
Sanne Moderator

There is weird stuff in every mature content side of a game. :P

Furcadia is what TbC desribed it as: it's tot faiely simple graphics and you can walk around the game as an avatar. you can create your own world entirely (you can draw the itme syourself, every single thing! It's 150% customizable).

Kim has created multiple pay-for avatars for Furcadia. :)

If you like you can download it from http://www.furcadia.com

It's different from most other games, so if you want some help around the game ask for a Welcomer or send me a message, I can show you around if you like!
Sanne and TBC both have the right of it! Though a bit more about TGT... which stands for 'The Golden Tether.'
I help run TGT in the game Furcadia, it's uploaded in the adult section of the game. It is a continuity / player run area to roleplay in that's set up in what is called a 'dream.' It has it's own rules and own settings (example, it's medieval-fantasy with low technology, meaning anything modern isn't allowed or asked to be kept out of the public eye.)
It's an adult orientated dream, so you do have to be 18+ in real life to play there. The main export and import in TGT is slaves, though there are a number of people that come to TGT not just for that, but the fact that it is highly populated and has active roleplay with the occasional interesting event and a decent automated battle-dice system. (Shh, I'm tooting my own horn for the place, XD)
It's not for everyone as some people don't care for certain types of mature roleplay or the specific business that TGT revolves around.
There are numerous dreams throughout Furcadia that offer a wide-variety of roleplay that doesn't have to be mature. Fandom base dreams- things such as anime shows, Pokemon, Harry Potter, to history styled dreams or specific eras or settings, Post-Apoc, WWII, vikings, egyptians.
Furcadia is my stomping grounds. Well was before my comp went haywire. I've been withnit off and on for at least 10 years now cause it's been about 12 since it started. It's birthday is dec 16th just like me. I know that cause I got on on it's birthday for it's 10 year anniversary and seen all kinds of stuff about it. But I am a one time welcomer beekin on it so I had to know some stuff about it to help out the new people who joined. It's fun and depending on where you go and who you hang with, extremly addictive. In all honesty on the adult side of the house for it I don't know much as the only places I went to were BFP (Barefoot Paradise) LOS (Last One Standing Arenas) and the Slave Chamber so I can't say much on that side. But most anything else I do at least know a smattering of and can at least point ya in the right direction. And while we're in this topic! All furc playing members of RPR! I'm gonna take a quick sec to send out this invite. Date and time have yet to be established but very soon I'll be able to return to furc as my new computer is almost ready. And as such I'm gonna throw a party at my dream. All people here on RPR are invited. For you who wish to scope out my dream on there, it's located on the Imag map in Key Hall and is called TatZ N ThingZ. Kyle's IC wife Gauye Lockhart, our very own Tattooed-murder has a copy of the dream map, ds codes Etc and as such has been uploading the dream despite my absence. Go there and pick your 'hide in a corner and lurk' spot now before all the good ones are taken. Heh.
Furcadia is my obsession. The way I describe it to all my non-Furcadia friends is this; you make a character, and you write a story with another person's character. You Roleplay, if you know what that means (because most of my friends don't, I describe it as 'writing a story with someone else'). It has all kinds of places if you don't want to make your own world. There's medieval-fantasy places, sci-fi places (From Star-ship places to X-Men places), and everything in between. When I got on Furcadia, I was only like twelve, and I loved it. My writing has grown incredibly since then because I take on some of the habits of the more talented writers I RPed with. Since then, I've loved being on Furcadia and writing new plots and stories with my friends that I make on there.
It's as much a Roleplay place as it is a social place.

As for TGT, I can't tell you much there. Because it is adult-oriented, it's a bit of a turn-off for me. I don't Roleplay mature things. I have a couple slaves I roleplay, but I don't use them for sexual situations. So I've never been to TGT, but I know a lot of people who go there.
For me, my stomping grounds have always been in the Imaginarium. A place where there's a bunch of different 'worlds' for you to check out and enter. Things in Imaginarium are always people-friendly and not adult (at least, they're not supposed to be) oriented. So that's usually where I hang out.

I think you should give it a go, see if you like Furcadia. There's a lot of us who would be willing to help walk you through it, and Furcadia itself has staff that are willing to do the same! :)
dieblues Topic Starter

Well this sounds utterly amazing! I shall check it out! Thank you for all the information, I would have been completely lost. :D
dieblues Topic Starter

Hm, so is Furcadia completely furry based?
As a base yes but that doesn't mean your character has to be. The furies are just the avatar of choice. Plus thereis a patch...that I want dangit!... That some people have in their dreams that will convert avatars to humans rather than curries either as soon as they enter, when they say a command, or in some caseswhen your avatar is a certain one of the species choices.
dieblues Topic Starter

Interesting, and cool.
Ilmarinen Moderator

(Lance, it's really easy to incorporate that patch... just take the noble hyoomans and add them as localspecies.)

Furcadia revolves around animals, yeah, but the game's motto is "Let your imagination soar." So if you want to roleplay as a human, you can! (Or whatever else you want to play. I've seen humans, all kinds of elves, peryton, manticores, PLENTY of demons and angels...) Just use whichever free avatar most appeals to you then write that you're a human in your desc. There is a human ("hyooman") avatar that is premium (so you have to buy it). Premium avatars are the game's main source of income. (There's also a flying toaster... ;) And lots of others. Kim and I help with the art for them sometimes. :)) And as Lance said, some of the player-made maps ("dreams") include the ability to turn into humans for free! :)

The game is certainly not entirely centered around RP, though that's how most of us play it. Furcadia is cool because as Sanne said, it's so customizable. You can join the game and immediately make your own map. The map editor even has its own easy-to-learn scripting language that lets you make cool effects and whatnot. (Like sounds, teleports, dragging people around, awesome games, battle systems... TONS of stuff.) It's just so crazy awesome I can't even wrap words around it. :P You can draw your own items (or download items other people have made) and put them on your map. If you want to see some cool dreams, click here. X) It's a bunch of screenshots of the dreams I've made.

When in game, say "help I need a Welcomer" without the "" to request a tour from a Welcomer, if you haven't already. They'll show you around! And if you type "/Heimdall Hello!" without the "", you'll send me a whisper that says Hello! I'd be happy to help you out more if I'm around. (You'll get an automated response if I'm not around. Or if I don't respond... that means I'm not there too. XP) Hope you stick around. :D
Oh I know it'd be easy to incorporate it.but I can't seem to find it. Plus I gotta do some patch editing anyways cause I got this long hair avatar patch I wanna fuse with the hyooman patch when I find it to make long haired hyoomons. Heh.
Servius (played by Yuka)

TGT also allows for a lot of other character types aside from sexual/slavery-based, might I add.

Merchants, pirates, escaped nobles looking for a hideaway, runaway criminals... monsters, prisoners of war or just people who've heard about the place and have gotten curious. There's also gladiators there too, and really interesting natives as well.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Furcadia and TGT

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus