Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Time traveling romance story help

Hello all! Thanks for taking an interest in my post!

I'm looking for an adult writer that could help guide me through an outline writing process. I am not very good at outlines. I've never really been one to use them, which is probably why I never finish any of my stories unless they're short one shots or drabbles >>

I unfortunately can't afford to pay, so I'm looking for someone that just wants to help out a fellow writer, who struggles to make her dreams come true.
I could also do some character art in return, however I am a beginner anime/manga style artist. So I cannot draw anything complex. if you want character art it would be a head or bust shot lineart or with flat colouring or with cell shading or a mixture of both like here. You can see some of my work here

I plan on turning this story into a short free visual novel game with one romance route and 3 endings. I have some people in mind to help me to do that, but before I get them involved I need to first get an outline written, which for me is quite hard as I'm usually the type to write what comes to me as I write, but that obviously does not work for me.

I have started on a draft outline for the prologue and I have an idea on how it's going to go, it's just after the prologue when the MC has gone back in time.

This is a undetailed quick rough plot draft for the prologue. This isn't the outline. It would go into more detail about each scene.

MC was told her boyfriend is cheating on her by a mutual friend. Upon confronting her boyfriend she is told that Mutual friend is trying to split them up because he's in love with her.

MC gets into an argument with mutual mutual friend over his accusations and mutual friend ends up in a car accident and dies.
5 years later, while Mc is walking through the park on the way home ,( which is on the other side of it) from work, she finds an exhausted dove stuck in a bush.
Being a lover of animals, she carefully helps the dove get free while talking soothingly to it and once free carries the dove home to give it some food, water and a place to rest for the night.

The next morning when she goes to check on the dove, it's no longer there, but there is a beautiful gold hourglass necklace with diamond dust inside, there in it's place on the pillow.
Confused, she finds herself drawn to the necklace and puts it on.

She looks for the dove but doesn't find a trace of the dove anywhere, making her believe she had dreamed the whole thing and that her Fiancé had left the necklace as a surprise and she hadn't noticed it when she came home from a long day at the animal care centre.

Deciding to put the dream behind her to get ready for work.

That weekend, at their wedding after Mc's Fiance hadn't returned from the bathroom for awhile, she goes looking for him.

She hears some moaning coming from one of the venue's rooms and at first thought her now husband was unwell and not wanting other people to see him like that. However, as she got closer and went to call out , she heard a woman's voice calling his name in pleasure.

feeling like she'd just had a bucket of ice water tipped on her, she froze and listened in again.

A moan of the woman's name was heard from the familiar voice of her husband.

Shock, pain and anger rushed through her veins and she slammed the door open catching both her husband and his colleague at work going at it against the wall.

Mutual Friend had been right. Her then boyfriend is a no good cheater.

Regret that she hadn't believed him caused her to hate herself all over again, if only she had listened and wasn't so blinded by lies they wouldn't have had that argument that lead to the car accident that killed him.

She takes off her ring and throws it at the panicked husband and screams at him that she wants a divorce and that she wishes she could go back to the day she believed his lies so she wouldn't fall for his lies because then mutual friend would have never gotten into that accident that took him away from them.

As if responding to her wish, the Hourglass necklace she decided to wear grew warm and Time freezes.

"Your wish shall be granted use it wisely" A mans voice says making Mc Look around in confusion. However the next moment her vision turns white and when it clears, she finds herself in a familiar place.

The Classroom she had been waiting in for her boyfriend. Confused, she looked around the classroom and caught her refection in the glass of the window. Eyes wide, she didn't see her 21 year-old self in her wedding dress, but her 16 -year old self in her school uniform. She pinched herself to see if she is dreaming , but the pinch hurt.

Had she really gone back in time? Or had she just dreamed that she was 21 and just married a few moments ago?

MC thought back to that voice. He had said her wish shall be granted and to use it wisely... if mutual friend comes in to tell her her boyfriend is cheating, she'll take it as a sign that she had gone back in time and she wouldn't waste this opportunity even though she doesn't know who or why they gave it to her.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Time traveling romance story help

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus