Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2022 » Protective Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Protective Symbol in Epic Week 2022. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Protective Symbol
Dragonfire Moderator

The sounds like it's talking about chainmail/maille, just on a first guess. I gave chainmail, maille, and jump rings a try, but nothing so far.
Dragonfire Moderator

When this is open next: give butted mail a try.

Butted mail/maille did not do the thing. Are we maybe looking for a particular weave, or... Hrm.
Dragonfire Moderator

Hrrrm. Could also be talking about lamellar.
Or maybe…just a thought, it could be about something other than armor, like…hear me out, something like chain link fences?
Dragonfire Moderator

It's possible! I'm just fairly sure it's about armor given that the symbol looks to be a picture of plate mail. Usually the symbol (not the guardian) has something to do with the topic at hand. :) Not always, though! So we can certainly try it out.
Dragonfire Moderator

I tried some variations on lamellar armor/mail, and didn't get anywhere. Chain link fence/fencing also did not work.
I tried shield wall for giggles but it's not that either
Dragonfire Moderator

Also did some variations on scale and scale mail, but no dice.

"Just one". Hrm.
Ilmarinen Moderator

popcorn.gif
Dragonfire Moderator

Heimdall wrote:
popcorn.gif

giphy.gif
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "lamella".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Heimdall, designer of this riddle wrote:
A common type of protection in Europe and Asia was lamellar armor. Lamellae are small plates or scales made of hardened leather, horn, or other materials, which are fastened to each other rather than a layer underneath. One singular lamellae is a lamella.
Dragonfire Moderator

ready-lets-do-this.gif
Ilmarinen Moderator

Hip hip HUZZAH!

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2022 » Protective Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus