Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Wandering a forest

Surya Braddock (played by CeramicDragon) Topic Starter

"I leave philosophy to the egg-heads and question my sanity when I'm facing the impossible, fox," she said with a shake of her head. "And I gotta say... This is more than one shade of impossible. I mean, if I accept that you're real, which you're not, then I truly have no idea where I am because this kind of stuff doesn't happen in real life. Whether or not you're hallucinating isn't for me to say, but I think it's a safe bet I am." She frowned thoughtfully as she recalled some of the vivid visions people on acid would have. Unfortunately for that supposition, everything else would be a bit more wild, as well, instead of containing itself to one aspect. Maybe someone perfected fine-tuning certain kinds of magnetic or sound waves. There was always someone researching that kind of stuff.
Ukichi (played by Katia)

[Umm think we can spice this up a little maybe? It's getting pretty redundant. Perhaps I can introduce something/someone?]

(I was thinking the same thing. How about some generic orcs?)

Distracted by her thoughts for a moment, Braddock's brow creased when something caught her attention and she looked away from the black multi-tailed fox. A second later, a twig snapped behind her and she spun, bringing her rifle up with a snap. A group of hulking, spiked, green-skinned humanoid creatures paused once they'd been spotted, then raised their weapons and charged with a roar.

"What the f--," She cut off the curse as she wrenched away from a hurled spear. Her rifle barked twice in reply and the spear-thrower fell dead. With her back to the fox, now, she fired twice on the next green creature. The two bodies began to trip up the rest that followed, making it a bit easier on the solo soldier. As numbers three and four died, their armor providing little resistance to a high-velocity bullet, she was thankful that whatever they are, at least they died like humans.
Ukichi (played by Katia)

(Umm how many are there? Are there any left for Ukichi?)

(Short of an army, as many as you like or need; that's why I didn't specify a number.)
Ukichi (played by Katia)

Ukichi didn't have a chance to reply to Surya when she caught the odor of orcs. She could smell those foul things from quite some distance as they clearly didn't know what the word bath was. From the extremely unpleasant odor, she could tell that they were coming closer and it was only a few minutes until they appeared on the road.

Then the orcs chose to show off their absolute lack of intelligence by charging them. Really, did these orcs really think they could win against a kyubi no kitsune? Ukichi gave the orcs a look of annoyance which clearly showed how less then frightened she was of them. The kitsune fanned her fire tipped tails and then flicked them all forward, sending nine balls of foxire forward. This foxfire would arc over Surya before striking nine separate orcs. These struck orcs would immediately start to roar in pain, and swat at themselves in a beyond ineffective attempt at putting themselves out. These orcs quickly lost their muscle, skin and then even their bones as they were reduced to ash in a matter of minutes. With those nine dead, that left only two orcs left who clearly showing their complete lack of survival instincts, rushed toward Surya.

Ukichi then sat down with a look of disgust and said."Ugh, using foxfire on these vermin feels like I am tainting it with filth. I trust you can handle those last two orcs."

She stared when the fox threw fire again, then watched to see what might remain standing afterwords. As the fox spoke, she double-tapped the last two green creatures. When they and all their brethren were dead and motionless, Braddock demanded of the fox, "What the hell were those?"

She kept her rifle pointed at towards where the group had come from and glanced momentarily over at the talking animal, figuring if she's this deep into a hallucination, she might as well go with it. She looked up and around, checking that they weren't being surrounded by more of those things. Hopefully they weren't a scouting party.

(Please pardon the delay, been distracted by a brand new kitten! She's SO CUTE.)
Ukichi (played by Katia)

( *steals the kitten* I love kittens so so much. *squeals* As for these orcs, I'm just going to assume that they are the LOTR variety.)

Ukichi watched as the last two orcs met their end and laughed when Surya asked what they were. "You are in for a hard time if orcs surprised you that much. Orcs, are a filthy humanoid species that are hated by just about everyone. They only eat meat if they have a choice and hate all other types of food. To capable fighters, a single orc is not much of a threat, but orcs almost always attack in groups, albeit in very disordered ones. The ones are here the most common and least powerful breed. If you find any, it is almost always best to simply kill them as they are extremely violet and know no mercy."

The kitsune then started to walk away from the carnage before turning her head back to Surya and saying. "It would be wise to leave here as there is a good chance that there are more out there. Orcs have been known to travel in considerable numbers especially when under the control of an evil being with considerable power." Ukichi then continued to move away.

(When in doubt, classic is always a good choice, even for orcs. And yes! She's so worth the steal. She starts purring the moment you enter the room. It's nothing short of adorable.)

Surya glanced back and forth between the fox and the bodies for a moment, then followed the retreating fox. She kept her eyes, and her rifle, on the path the "orcs" had taken, walking backwards a few steps before she turned to face front as she grappled with what she'd been told. The only explanation she could possibly come up with for what she saw is people in costume, but she certainly wasn't using fake bullets and the fox's fire looked weird but real. Somehow. It had felt real, at least.

After a minute of following, silent contemplation, and keeping a wary eye on their surroundings, she asked the fox, "Where do they come from? They look like the monsters in those fantasy movies, but those aren't real."
Ukichi (played by Katia)

(Hmm do you think they would have movies in this world?)

(No idea. More pointedly, even if the world did have movies in it, would Ukichi have watched them?)
Ukichi (played by Katia)

(If there were, she might have seem one or two since she can take on human form and might have gone to one on a date with one of her male victims. She by no means would be an expert on them, but she would know what they are. However just to make things easy, I think we might as well say that there are no movies in this world.)

Ukichi kept walking and answered Surya's question as she did so. "Orcs don't like light, tho a few breeds can tolerate it more then others. As a result they tend to live in caves, abandoned ruins or self made tunnels underground. They also tend to live in or close to mountains. Those orcs were likely out to raid as they are a very violent species as I already mentioned. Now what are these "movies" that you speak of? I have never heard of that word before. Regardless of whatever that word is, I am sure that you would believe they are real once you feel one of their filthy blades in your stomach. Of course I would recommend that you don't let yourself be injured by their blades as they have been known to use poison."

Surya listened and followed and stayed quiet for a while. She glanced back behind them a few times as she considered and coped with recent experiences. Very little that had happened since she found herself in this forest made any amount of sense. She frowned thoughtfully and replayed the day's events in her head. Orcs. Everything about how they charged, screamed, bled, and died said "real," if they were something like humans, but... She shook her head and drew in a deep breath, then muttered to herself, "Looks like we're not in Kansas, anymore, Toto."

Eventually, rather than beat the same bush with an unending amount of incredulity, she asked of the black, many-tailed fox, "What are you? And where are we?"
Ukichi (played by Katia)

(Well.......Surya sure asked a good question, where are our characters at anyway? I would prefer if you choose the name since I would probably come up with something stupid.)

(lol. Alright. How about... the Donav Forest in a territory called Kasiil?)
Ukichi (played by Katia)

Ukichi blinked in confusion when Surya mentioned "Kansas" and "Toto". However she didn't dwell on that very long as the human then asked her some very interesting questions. She looked up to give her an amused smile, but did nothing else when it came to, I told you so.

"I told you what I was already. I am a kitsune, tho some people would call me a fox spirit. Kitsune are supernatural foxes that grow more tails and grow more powerful as they grow older up to a max of nine tails like yours truly. As for where we are, we are in the Donav Forest in the territory Kasiil"

"I've never heard of those places," she said with a furrowed brow. Wearing a slight frown, she ran through a mental list of all the places she'd been and every place she's ever heard of and came up with nothing. She watched the "kitsune" curiously, thinking the concept familiar, now that she thought about it. "Wait, isn't that a Japanese, thing? 'Kitsune?'"

She glanced back behind them, thinking she heard movement but she saw nothing. With a growing sense of unease, she continued to follow the magic fox.
Ukichi (played by Katia)

(So should we have them keeping traveling or what? I really don't know where we should take this rp.)

(If Ukichi has no aversion to civilization, she could lead the way to a nearby town. Alternatively, they could part ways and we could end it if neither of us thinks of anything substantial.)
Ukichi (played by Katia)

(She wouldn't be averse to civilization, but she would shapeshift to human/elf form. Maybe something happens in the city to show exactly what kind of creature Ukichi is? Of course I am open to any ideas you have.)

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Wandering a forest

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus