Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Students vs Burglars [18+]

108 Marshall Jackson rd.
Foxlake Appartments, buildings A and B

There is no place like Squirrelden. A cozy town, where many students chase their dreams in Pinecone University through hard work. In one calm corner, where forest begins, rests Foxlake Appartments. A cheap place to search for your future. And your belongings. You see, a road, that passes between Foxlake Appartments and their parking area is a highway for local burglars. And students have indeed noticed such feature of their habitat..
Aaron Greenvalley (played by Semegrex) Topic Starter

Both buildings have roughly the shape of letter ”C”. They are mirror images of one another. Fire ladders climb up from the second floor until the fifth along the outer walls of the buildings. In the entrace to inner yard, there are bike racks on both sides, covered by light metal roof. It covers them from the rain, but unfortunately prevents visibility because of the supporting beams of the roof.

Once you go through the entry way, you will see old but beautiful garden on the inner yard. Buildings are not connected. There are two stairways on both buildings, that climb along the inner wall until the fifth floor. All stairs, walkways and appartment doors are in open air as in motel. Only small sheet of metal and floor of upper walkways are giving protection from the rain. Each floor has four appartments. On the ground level there is also clubroom, gym, storage rooms, two laundryrooms and four drying rooms. Club room and gym have fire exit door to front yard. On the backyard of the appartment is small beach and lake called… you gessed it, Foxlake!! There is actually really nice view from the fifth floor stairs through the garden and second passageway to the Foxlake.

Each student has their own door along the inner yard. There is bedroom, small livingroom, toilet with shower and small kitchen corner with fridge. Cozy, huh? Every student also has small personal storage room in bottom floor.

Aaron closed his door and gazed upon the garden. Wind was gently shaking young maples, which stood strong in the center, forming a circle around the grill made of bricks. There was bunch of beer bottles lying around the grill. He gave a loud sigh, and started to carry a pile of folded cardboard boxes to downstairs.

"Is it so hard to collect your own garbage, or are they just so wasted they would not notice if a train parked here?" He mumbled while making his way down from the third floor. By the time he got down, he nearly collided with a running man.

"Sorry, huff..huff.. My bad!" man said. It was Matthew, from B 15. A sports student, finishing his round. Matthew had lived in the appartment for quite some time. He was supposed to graduate soon. Matthew continued to jog up the stairs, in order not to interrupt his exercise and mess up his breathing.
Meg pulled her acoustic guitar out of the trunk and checked to make sure her doors were locked. She didn't want to risk anything happening to her guitar. Despite having adequate storage space at her apartment, she tended to leave things in her car she needed like Star Bucks apron and hat, and her book bag with her textbooks. What thieves would want those?

Meg tended to be very absent-minded and disorganized. She found that if she kept things she needed to bring with her, there was less chance that she'd arrive unprepared. That did not, however, help her out with being chronically late to everything. That was another issue. The blue-eyed blonde girl was otherwise pleasant and easy-going, but her flightiness and inability to commit to anything tended to cause others to be short of patience with her.

She'd tried many hobbies over the years- dancing, being a magician, getting into collectible card games like Magic The Gathering followed by roleplaying games like Dungeons and Dragons and even roller derby. Most recently, she'd taken up playing the guitar. She was one half of a music duo called A Week from Wednesday in which she played the role of Art Garfunkle; the sidekick.

The other half of the band, Wednesday Weekley whom the band was named for was the principal songwriter, lead vocalist, and lead guitarist. Meg occasionally got to sing backup on a chorus if she was lucky. Mostly, she just strummed along playing the chords as the rhythm guitarist. Sometimes, she might play the tambourine or a shaker instead of the guitar or even just doing handclaps. Meg had just finished a long rehearsal at the practice room she and Wednesday shared. She had several songs she had to work on in the next few days since the girls had a show coming up.

The parking lot was a brief walk to the Fox Lake apartments. Fortunately, Meg had a corner downstairs unit that happened to be the shortest distance from her car. It was nice not having to lug her guitar up a flight of stairs. As she entered the courtyard, she saw two guys hanging out talking. She smiled in their direction as she set her guitar case down and fumbled to fish the keys out of her pocket.

Two men turned towards Meg and gave her wide smile. One of them had dark green shirt, brown short pants and massive sunglases. The other one had t-shirt like peacock, and facial feautures suggesting some level of latino roots. Latino man tried to look her directly into the eyes.
"Hi, are you.." He was supposedly starting some kind of pickup line, when line of sight between then was blocked by a wall of folded carboard boxes. Aaron popped out from the stairway, and was met with the dumbfounded face of the latino man. Aaron was deep in his thoughts, when directly in fronth of his was some random dude staring at him in rather odd way. He stopped.

"Umm, you need some carboard boxes, or what?" Aaron said with a big question mark on his face and a slightly hesitant voice.
"Oh, never mind. Sorry to bother you" Man replied quickly. He had a light spanish accent.

Aaron resumed his transportation task. He wanted to clean up his home before semester started. It may have been just a simple roon and toilet, but it was his first home. His first OWN home, to be precise. He started to memorize his noisy little sister back in his parents place. As lovely as little Jenny was, she was so irritating from time to time. And loud. Small girls can make sounds that make Nazguls sound like amateurs. He went deeper into his thoughts, wondering how to decorate room with usefull holders for various things, how he one day would study japanese and order red Makita screwdriver to US and so on. Aaron was big fan of powerfull tools. He had tried many kinds of tools, but his personal favourites were Makitas. When you needed to getvthe job done, they did it. Too bad they they only sold blue makitas in US. He had heard, that in Japan they were selling red makitas, which were made exclusively for Japanese market and were even more powerful. In his mind, they were supertools. A distant dream, since mostly he had to work with his Black&Decker. It was functional, but rather weak. Once it had fallen off from the shelf, and damaged somehow. Whenever it was turned on, it sounded like a hornets nest, after you shoot through it with pistol. Horrible noice, small performace. He was glad that at least it worked still.

Meanwhile, a small black volcanic rock fell from between the cardboard. It had gotten stuck into some edge and got carried out from his room. It made short but sharp sound as it hit the ground. Aaron was deep in his thoughts, so he did not notice it.

Meg heard the sound, but by that time Aaron had dissapeared to the passageway. Latino man had also gathered his thoughts in meanwhile.

"Im Pedro, by the way" man said, but he did feel somewhat awkward after the cardboard blockade
Meg paused while the two men talked. Obviously, they were already acquainted. She leaned her guitar case against the side of the building. Her keys were tangled up in the lining of her jeans pocket. She finally managed to free them. There were way too many on the keychain and she didn't know what half of them were for anymore. Most were completely unnecessary. Meg frowned a moment as she paused to study them and figure out which one opened the apartment door.

One of the men dropped something and Meg looked up. "Oh hey," she said smiling. "Just moving in?"

(Tag- Pedro's response here)

"I just got here a few days ago. New to the apartments but I've been in town a couple of years now. I'm a student at Pinecove. I'm Meg."

"Im Pedro, by the way" man said, but he did feel somewhat awkward after the cardboard blockade.

"Nice to meet you," Meg replied.

(OOC: Was Pedro introducing himself to Meg? I wasn't quite clear. If not, I can edit this.)

Aaron made his way to garbage area and tossed away his boxes. He did concider selling them for next person, but his appartment was way too small for storing such pile. He started to walk back, looking towards the bike racks. There was a small opening along metal ploles supporting the roof, where one could take bikes in and out. This had its benefits, since it prevented raining on the bikes.

Once he got closer, he peeked inside to make sure his bike was at place. And there it was, his trusty companion. Blue steel, 21 gears and no suspension. It was nothing fancy, but got the job done. It had served him year round for 6 years already, and even survived a car crash. His helmet and jacket were not as lucky. After that incident, he had learned many things. 1: Watch where you are driving. 2: Insurance companies love little print, to deny you all the compensations they possibly can. 3: A nurse, who finds a forgotten patient at ER can yell things you will never forget.

As he was laughing at his misfortune on that fatefull day, a fat rat suddenly jumped out from the shadows. Aaron jumped back, and backed away from the bikes.

"Check list, first article: make a functional rat trap. Ewww." He thought in his mind.
One of the men dropped something and Meg looked up. "Oh hey," she said smiling. "Just moving in?"

"I have been here for three weeks now. Just hanging around now, enjoying the scenery with my pal, Don. He does not live here, just came to drop by. Hope you enjoy your stay."

"I just got here a few days ago. New to the apartments but I've been in town a couple of years now. I'm a student at Pinecove."

"If you like to swim, Fox Lake at backyard is awesome. We are heading there for a drink, so you can join us, if you want."

"Maybe in a bit if you aren't leaving right away. I just got back from my band rehearsal. I need to put some stuff away and get something to eat before I go anywhere else." She glanced at the guitar case leaning against the wall near her front door.

"I'm Pedro, by the way" man said, but he did feel somewhat awkward after the cardboard blockade.

"Nice to meet you," Meg replied. "I'm Meg."

"Nice to meet you too, Meg. Now, if you excuse me, I go grab some stuff for the beach."

Pedron started to jog upstairs to his appartment. He lived on 4th floor of building A.

"I'll stick around here. Just get me anything, as long as its wet!" His friend Don shouted from the ground floor.
"How about a sponge?!" Pedro yelled back.
"No thank you, I am a carnivore!!" Don replied.

Both men laughed. Suddenly, eyes of Don got glued into something. Quick tempo of sharp snaps filled the walkway. Aaron heard it as well. Rather tall blond haired lady on high heels passed by quickly. She headed for upstairs, without saying a word, looking kinda furious. She had rather slim body, but very noticable colourfull clothes. Also, she had remarkable curves, which were highlighted by her clothes. One could not know for certain, where they natural. She was really fast on high heels. Aaron only saw her from behind, but Don saw both front and side, and followed her with his eyes for a short while.
"Nice to meet you too, Meg. Now, if you excuse me, I go grab some stuff for the beach."

Meg nodded. "Same," She replied as she started to unlock the door and hesitated for a moment. She meant she needed to go inside, but her hasty response implied she intended to join her neighbors. Why not, though? She might as well get to know those in the apartment complex, too.

Pedron started to jog upstairs to his appartment. He lived on 4th floor of building A.

"I'll stick around here. Just get me anything, as long as its wet!" His friend Don shouted from the ground floor.
"How about a sponge?!" Pedro yelled back.
"No thank you, I am a carnivore!!" Don replied.

Meg caught the guys' joke just as she opened the door and stepped inside. She didn't quite get the meaning of the punchline and repeated it aloud to herself shaking her head, slightly confused. An inside joke between them perhaps?

Apparently, they found it funny as they laughed. She shrugged and closed the door behind her. Once inside, she moved the guitar to the bedroom and propped the case in the corner without opening it.

She pulled her swimsuit out from a drawer and went into the bathroom and changed, putting it on under her clothes and grabbed a towel and sunscreen. Then she made her way into the tiny kitchen area and opened the fridge, grabbed a few cold cuts, and made a quick sandwich which she gobbled down. A few minutes later, she was ready to go and made her way back outside to see if the guys were ready and waiting.

Aaron walked to the yard, and noticed the rock that had fallen from among his cargo. He quickly picked it up and stuffed to his pocket.

("I almost lost that thing. How did it end up here?") He wondered in his mind. He noticed a man rushing upstairs, and vanishing to his room.

("Seem that there are lots of people in i hurry today..") He thought, while starting a clim to his own floor. He noticed one man on the yard taking off his shirt, and starting to walk towards the shoreline of the lake. Rays of the sun were glittering from the small waves on the lake.
("I just finished unpacking, so little break would be good.")

Aaron walked into his room, changed swimming pants on, loaded a little bag with goggles, chips and soda, wrapped large towel around himself and headed to the beach. By the time he got there, there were quite many people there already.

While Aaron was preparing his stuff, Don and Pedro met at the beach. They had lightened up their clotes, so they could get some tan or go to swim. Pedro opened his towel, and spread it on the sand.

"Its nice to meet new people. We like to visit this beach often. It a rare thing to have your own lake. Its almost like private swimming pool, but in steroids. There is even fish in there, if you like fishing." Pedro said.

From Aarons point of view, a man, who had previously rushed upstairs was there already in short pants without shirt. He was unloading his own bag over a towel. Drinks, some small salty snacks and..a sponge?

"Dude? Again? You wanna go for sponge catch again, Pedro? Said man next to him, while laughing hard."
"Sure thing, Don. You told me you wanted anything as long as its wet. You know the rules.." Pedro giggled.

"All right, all right. What shall it be this time? Don said, shaking his head.
"How about, if I win, you fetch me a rock from the lake in a way, that I cannot see you head nor legs above the water for at least 4 seconds?" Pedro said.
"For a moment I thought you have gotten over with our previous game already. I thought that you got my point that I just wanted to DRINK something. So how about, if I win, you have 60 seconds to find a new competitor to challenge you in sponge game. If you fail, i can throw the fully loaded sponge in your face 5 times. Deal?"

"Deal!"

Two men took their positions facing each other. Pedro dropped the sponge into shallow water, and picked it up, as it was dripping water. Then they started to throw each other with the sponge. Idea of the game was to throw a sponge to the opponet. Other player was supposed to catch or duck it. If the sponge hit the other player in any other part than hands, player had to accomplish the task given by other player. Game started with 40 steps distance, and after each throw, player soaked the sponge again and took one step closer to the opponent.
Meg finished her impromptu dinner, gathered a few additional things, and headed out. She noticed none of the guys were in the courtyard area of the complex and figured they must have gone down to the beach already. It was just a short walk from the apartment building.

Sure enough, she spotted them in what appeared to be a sponge fight on the beach. So that explained the remark earlier, she thought to herself. It must be a running gag between them. Not far from the beach were some picnic tables. She found one that was unoccupied and sat her bag down containing her towel, sunscreen, and snacks.

Meg watched as the guys took turns throwing the sponge at one another. She couldn't figure out if they were supposed to catch it or dodge it.

Wet sponge spashed at Pedros face. Both of the men laughed.
"Your sixty seconds start now!" Don yelled, and lifted up his waterprood watch to see the time. Pedro started running around the beach from person to person like a chicken being chased. He only stopped for two seconds at each person.

"Hi, you wanna play sponge with us?" He stopped next to Aaron.
"Nah. Perhaps another time." Aaron replied. Aaron watched with great curiosity, as this man seemed to make a conversation with every living soul on the premises.
("Yup. Good decision. I do not wish to join this kind of race. Im not a good runner.") Aaron thought.

Pedro continued his chicken run, until he reached Meg.

"Hi Meg. You.. wanna... play sponge?" Pedro was out off breath after all that running.
"I think I'll pass, but thanks," Meg replied. She was really not in the mood to get hit with a heavy wet sponge. "You guys go ahead." She watched as the two resumed their game. Aaron seemed like he had opted to sit out as well.

Meg turned to Aaron. "Is the sponge game a regular thing with those two," She asked. Meg remembered doing something similar as a kid, but it had been with water balloons and squirt guns instead of a sponge. Right now, she wasn't in the mood to get wet or run around. After a long band rehearsal with Wednesday, she was not in the mood to get wet or run around. Meg decided to just sit at the picnic table and watch the lake goers instead.

"I got one!" Pedro yelled, and started to head toward Don, but this time slowly. One young man was following him.

("Oh, there are tables here! How come I didn't see them before? Plus a nice lady to keep company. Even better..) Aaron thought and climed up from the ground. He sat on the table near Meg.

"Actually.. I just met those two. I moved in here yesterday. I just finished unpacking my things. I think we have not introduced yet. Im Aaron, from A building, third floor. Those two are Pedro and Don, as I heard. They seem to have games of their own."

Aarom was not big fan on wet games, but he did like diving. He did not know how to use scuba gear, but he enjoyed just diving around in pools and lakes with goggles. He had good lungs. Some had even suggested at he could try play some instrument like a tumpet or flute, since he had good capacity and air flow. He had given it a second thougt, but he had a feeling that instruments were expensive. Singing was ok. He actually liked singing, and he sometimes joked by imitating opera style. He once had even had tried to finish with his friend a solo in Leningard Cowboys' "Space tractor". It was a bad idea. One singer is supposed to sing "O" with continous flow for nearly one minute or something. On his try, he got perhaps half or one third completed. He wasnt sure how it was recorded, but the song was so old that is was propably done by genuine singer with good skills.

Don and new player started new round with the sponge. Pedro was laying on the sand, with all limbs pointing to different direction, while trying to stabilize his breath and pulse.
"Actually, I just met those two. I moved in here yesterday. I just finished unpacking my things. I think we have not introduced yet. Im Aaron, from A building, third floor. Those two are Pedro and Don, as I heard. They seem to have games of their own."

Meg nodded. "I'm Meg. I live in the corner unit of the first floor of the B building," She replied. "It's nice to meet you."

Aaron was not a big fan of wet games, but he was a big fan of diving. He did not know how to use scuba gear, but he enjoyed just diving around in pools and lakes with goggles. He had good lungs. Some had even suggested at he could try to play some instrument like a trumpet or flute, since he had good capacity and air flow. He had given it a second thougt, but he had a feeling that instruments were expensive. Singing was ok. He actually liked singing, and he sometimes joked by imitating opera style. He once had even had tried to finish with his friend a solo in Leningard Cowboys' "Space tractor". It was a bad idea. One singer is supposed to sing "O" with continous flow for nearly one minute or something. On his try, he got perhaps half or one third completed. He wasnt sure how it was recorded, but the song was so old that is was propably done by genuine singer with good skills.

Don and new player started new round with the sponge. Pedro was laying on the sand, with all limbs pointing to different direction, while trying to stabilize his breath and pulse.

"I moved in a few weeks ago," Meg offered. "I have been attending Pinecove for a few years. I still haven't settled on a major yet. I'm struggling to find what I want to do with my life. I started off in the dorms on campus and then got a roommate and we shared a house last year, but we... um, had a little falling out between us. I decided to get my own apartment without a roommate this semester and see how it goes."

"I am here for carpentry. Im studying my first year with specialization on functional mobile furnitures, like foldable tables, pop-up platforms, custom furnitures with hidden boxes and locks. Wood, wheels, springs and stuff like that. It has large portion of engineering too. I suppose I do tailor made furnitures when I grow up. Well, at least if I dont injure myself to retirement before that."

Aaron showed one tiny scar in his leg for Meg. It looked like nothing special, just small area of skin with different colour than its surroundings.

"Do you have weak stomach? Wanna here a sample of my "casual carpentry story"? I have bunch of these, actually. Trust me, these have nothing to do with mental issues."
"I am here for carpentry. Im studying my first year with specialization on functional mobile furnitures, like foldable tables, pop-up platforms, custom furnitures with hidden boxes and locks. Wood, wheels, springs and stuff like that. It has large portion of engineering too. I suppose I do tailor made furnitures when I grow up. Well, at least if I dont injure myself to retirement before that."

"That is definitely something worthwhile to study. They say we're headed toward a major shortage of skilled workers like carpenters and welders," Meg said. "If you can master those skills, then you'll always have work. "

Aaron showed one tiny scar in his leg for Meg. It looked like nothing special, just small area of skin with different colour than its surroundings.

"Might want to work on the safety and best practices," Meg suggested. "Someone that gets injured a lot is not going to sit well with the boss or the worker's comp people."

"Do you have weak stomach? Wanna here a sample of my "casual carpentry story"? I have bunch of these, actually. Trust me, these have nothing to do with mental issues."

"Sure, if we can leave out the super gory details," Meg replied.

Aaron smiled.

"Well, I will do my best. This was a stab wound from a chisel. It was so deep, that.. some kind of tissue emerged. It was actually weird, since it did not bleed actually at all. Tissue blocked the wound completely, but it took two stiches in ER to put it back. After that, my parents encouraged me to start dating paramedic."

Aaron took a somendrink and streched himself a bit.
"Future can be full of surprises. I believe that you too can eventually find your path. Most importantly, we both go to school to improve ourselves. Meg, dovyou have any particular subject you dream of?

Around this time Aaron noticed Matthew coming to the beach. He was now wearing T-shirt and short pants, so Aaron concluded that he had finished his exercise.

"Hey, Matthew, over here!" Aaron yelled, and waved his hand. Matthew waved to him as greeting, and started to walk to their direction. As Matthew was nearly in fronth of them, he suddenly stopped, as something started to vibrate in his pocket. After that, sound of a came out from his pocket.

One could suppose it was a rooster, but not a regular one. It was as if the bird had a flu and it was choking into something, meanwhile somebody dragged a fork across the surface of a mirror in the background. The shriek made chills run down the spine for everyone who heard it.

Matthew picked up his phone. The shriek appeared to be his ringtone.
"Smith." He picked up the call.

"...oh, I see.. hold on,.. is it warm in Kalkutta? How many have you scammed today? How much money you want to steal from me?... byeeee..."

Matthew put his phone back to his pocket.

"This is microsoft customer service.." He said, imitating strong indian accent.
"This is why I have custom ringtone for stange numbers."

Aaron gave a gentle laught.
"Welcome along" he said.
Aaron smiled.

"Well, I will do my best. This was a stab wound from a chisel. It was so deep, that.. some kind of tissue emerged. It was actually weird, since it did not bleed actually at all. Tissue blocked the wound completely, but it took two stiches in ER to put it back. After that, my parents encouraged me to start dating paramedic."

Meg giggled. "Well, that's one solution."

Aaron took a somendrink and streched himself a bit.

"Future can be full of surprises. I believe that you too can eventually find your path. Most importantly, we both go to school to improve ourselves. Meg, do you have any particular subject you dream of?

"I don't know," Meg replied. "I have been all over the map. Forget a way for making a living. I can't even stay focused on hobbies. I've done collectible card games, basketball, roller skating, and magic tricks... currently I'm learning guitar and playing with another girl. We're a duo. I kind of lose interest in things when the novelty wears off, but this may be different. I think I may have finally found my thing playing music. It's how to support myself until my music career takes off."

Around this time Aaron noticed Matthew coming to the beach. He was now wearing T-shirt and short pants, so Aaron concluded that he had finished his exercise.

"Hey, Matthew, over here!" Aaron yelled, and waved his hand. Matthew waved to him as greeting, and started to walk to their direction. As Matthew was nearly in fronth of them, he suddenly stopped, as something started to vibrate in his pocket. After that, sound of a came out from his pocket.

One could suppose it was a rooster, but not a regular one. It was as if the bird had a flu and it was choking into something, meanwhile somebody dragged a fork across the surface of a mirror in the background. The shriek made chills run down the spine for everyone who heard it.

Matthew picked up his phone. The shriek appeared to be his ringtone.
"Smith." He picked up the call.

"...oh, I see.. hold on,.. is it warm in Kalkutta? How many have you scammed today? How much money you want to steal from me?... byeeee..."

Matthew put his phone back to his pocket.

"This is microsoft customer service.." He said, imitating strong indian accent.
"This is why I have custom ringtone for stange numbers."

Aaron gave a gentle laught.
"Welcome along" he said.

"Scam call," Meg asked the newcomer. She suspected Aaron's friend may have just gotten a call from someone pretending to be from Microsoft regarding an urgent issue with his PC.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Students vs Burglars [18+]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus