Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Birthday Party [...] (closed)

Just as Mixie had sat down on a piece of playground equipment, she jumped right out of her seat at the sudden blaring of the guitar. Fortunately, she didn't spill her grape soda on her new dress...

"Sheesh! Spice things up all ya want, just learn to warn us before you blast our eardrums, fool!" Mixie shouted. Unbeknownst to her, she bared her shark-like teeth, but for only a moment; she quickly stopped to regain her human composure.

Then again, she wasn't too concerned about foiling her disguise anymore... This rockstar here wasn't exactly human, either. If the unnaturally-coloured eyes were anything to go off of.

"Ahem, sorry for the outburst, doll," Mixie snapped to something more friendly, uncharacteristically so. "But that riff wasn't too bad! Funny enough, I used to play guitar, myself! Glad to see we've got somethin' in common, y'know?"
Finn Hemmberg (played by Revereen)

"Just promotin' the band for free, friend", He smiled. Finn set down his guitar for a bit and ate a some inarizushi. Just as he tasted it, he suddenly remembered Azumi, and could hear someone sounding like her approaching his direction...
Azumi Hemmberg (played by Revereen)

Azumi, walked quite quickly towards her nephew. She and her son always had to deal with his silly shenanigans and here he is, striking again when he was needed elsewhere.
"Standards please!", She yelled at Finn, scowling intensely, "Who just breaks into someone's place and starts 'promoting' our band?! You're just making us look bad you know!".

"Where's Ren?", Finn Asked

"Nearby, buying Ice cream"
Aspen (played by Ultimate.Gaymer) Topic Starter

"Okay! Well- um- this is certainly.. interesting..." Aspen said, fidgeting nervously with the can of juice in their hands. They looked between the strange new arrivals. They didn't want to be rude, but they felt pretty uncomfortable having random adults show up at their party all of a sudden. Sure, Mixie and Orna were both older than Aspen was, but those two were at least still teens (they were pretty sure, at least), and they had also had invitations. These two newcomers had just waltzed in, bombarding them with sudden loud noises (one of Aspen's least favourite things), and they really weren't a fan. They could only guess that these people were visiting the park for their own reasons and had stumbled across the party by chance, which was fine of course... But if that was the case, a bit of distance would be highly appreciated.
Before Aspen could say anything more on the matter, their father stepped in, speaking for the first time since the party had started. "Excuse me, are you two supposed to be here?" He asked. "I understand this is a public park, but could you please take your.. noise.. a little further away? My child is having a birthday party, as you can see, and I don't recall inviting any adults, except for those with children around Aspen's age."
Azumi Hemmberg (played by Revereen)

"Oh my, I am terribly sorry, sir!" She said with her ears down in embarrassment, "My nephew here snuck out during our band practice, so my son and I went on a search to find where he was and, well, we found him here, 'promoting' our band by playing our songs, despite the fact we have not rehearsed yet and never planned to perform at this very location. We shall take our leave right away so I may give him an earful for party crashing!".

She grabbed her nephew's hand tightly, smiling without her eyes not looking very amused and they walked out of the park, with a human watching close by outside the park.

"You found him mom?", the human asked the kitsune

"Yes. at least he hasn't done anything more... ridiculous, well, I guess we shall finally return to practicing song!"

After the sudden arrival and disappearance of these slightly unusual people, Aspen was a bit bewildered. They sat there in puzzled silence for a moment, before their father spoke up again.
"Well, are you three hungry?" He asked, addressing Aspen, Mixie, and Orna. "I was planning to order some pizza, if that's alright with everyone."
Was that a shred of concern on Mixie's face? The slightest hint of human decency? Mixie had noticed Aspen was looking mildly uncomfortable with the sudden circumstances.

She was almost tempted to ask if they were okay, but her remorseless ego wouldn't allow it. Instead, she just watched Aspen in silence, an eyebrow raised.

No matter, however. They had already decided to move on with the party's scheduled activities; finally, they brought up the moment the demon had been waiting for...

"You kiddin'? I'm starved!" Mixie regained her smile. "Pizza sounds good to me."

"Yeah, pizza's good," Aspen nodded their head.
"Great," Their father said, not seeming to notice that Orna hadn't responded yet. "What kind of toppings should we get?"
"Ham and pineapple!" Aspen was clearly enthusiastic about their choice. That's right, Aspen believed pineapple belonged on pizza. Well, depending on what kind of pizza it was... And either way, they weren't about to argue with anyone on the topic. To each their own; pineapple on pizza was a matter of opinion, and not something worth debating.
"Alright," Their father nodded, not nearly as enthusiastic. "Pizza number one will be ham and pineapple. How about the second one?" This was more directed towards Mixie (and possibly Orna), as Aspen had already made their choice and was happy with it. If the others weren't okay with pineapple, though, it would be important to get a second pizza of another type. Sure, there weren't a lot of people here, so maybe two pizzas weren't necessary, but Mixie seemed hungry and anyway, too much pizza was better than not enough.
"Oooh! I'd kill for some pepperoni pizza," Mixie piped up, hand raised. "If nobody else wants it at the end of the party, then I can eat it."

Of course there'd be plenty to go around, but Mixie would happily take the leftovers with her.

"So, Aspen!" Mixie spun on her mutated heels and turned to them. "We could probably play Uno or somethin', while we wait for the pizza to get here. Shall we?"

Mixie was actually having a lot of fun. A calm, quiet change of pace. It was quite refreshing, posing as a human. She was thinking of keeping the outfit; who knows when she'd want to go undercover again?
Orna Rollo (played anonymously)

Shaking her head out of a daze, having been a little confused by the music, Orna nodded at the pizza suggestions. She personally didn't have a strong opinion about pineapple - it wasn't a very strong flavor to her, the texture was alright, it was good with meat, but she could do without it as well.
"It's so kind of you to feed us!" She enthused, clapping her hands together. "If any reimbursement is necessary I'd be happy to purchase my own pizza .. I typically order a simple cheese with beef and peppers. But I only eat a couple, so if you want to make that a half pizza, I'd be fine with such a thing. My brother usually shares with me..."

She wondered when he would be coming to pick her up.

"I may have to leave within the next few hours... perhaps we can find a nice place to sit-? The sun is over here, so I may find myself moving into the shade some."

She politely moved her bag, and board game, her carton of cake, and her self, to a little picnic table several feet away, as she cooked off with another sip of water.

"I'd be fine with hiking, as I obviously like physical activity, but let's not exhaust ourselves, right? Ah, I don't know if you've hiked much in this park before... I only know a couple of good spots, so if you and your father are leading the way I'd be interested in that. I guess it's a lot of responsibility for such a young person, entertaining! If it's not convenient I understand!" She chuckled. Her purple balloon swayed in the breeze.

((Sorry for being inactive, I was busy and then didn't really have RP on my mind much. Thanks for keeping things going well without me. 🌴 🍰 🎈))

"Okay, got it." Aspen's father nodded. "I'll go make the order. Oh, and paying me back won't be necessary, Orna." He stepped away, out of earshot, taking out his phone to call a local pizza restaurant so that the food could be delivered.
Meanwhile, Aspen glanced between their two guests. Seemed like hiking and playing Uno were both on the table right now. Aspen was leaning more towards the latter option. They did love hiking, but the weather was getting quite hot, and they didn't want the group to be too far away when the food arrived. So, they figured it would be best to play Uno while they waited, as Mixie had suggested, and perhaps they would go for a hike a bit after eating, but that remained to be determined.
Summarizing these thoughts to the others, they said, "Playing Uno while we wait seems like a good idea! Orna, you in? And then, maybe we'll go for a hike after we eat? Possibly, depends how everyone's feeling?" They got up from where they sat on the jungle gym, going to the table where the drink cooler was. Bending down to grab a backpack that had been shoved under said table much earlier in the day, Aspen then went to join Orna at the shaded table, placing down their backpack as well as their can of juice.
((Y'know, I was initially going to have closed this thread by now because I just got my wisdom teeth out and everything is hurting quite a bit, but I don't exactly want to just cut this short in the middle of things, either. Part of the reason the hike is a maybe. So I guess we'll see how things go from here..?))

((I'm so sorry to hear about your painful teeth! :( Owchie. I'll most likely take my leave soon anyway, as the event closes on the 17th, I believe?))

"I'd love to play a game," Orna said, secretly a little relieved. She didn't realize before but the idea of hiking had bothered her a little - she loved stuff like that, but on a time crunch when you didn't always know... What could happen, how long it could take? Urg. She didn't want to be late back home.
"It's not flip, right? I can't play that one well. It's more bro's area I guess. Anyway, after I win, I'll cut us some cake!" She cackled. "Joking of course, may the best player win!"
Putting her 'challenging'-est face on, she waited for the hand to be dealt and settled down to get some cards going.

"Ha!" Aspen laughed at Orna's joking arrogance, grinning as they reached into their backpack to pull out the deck of Uno cards. "You'll never beat meeee!" They shuffled the deck a few times, jokingly proclaiming themself to be a "Shuffle Master" as they did so. Afterwards, they dealt out seven cards to Orna, seven to themself, and seven to an empty spot at the table (because Mixie hadn't sat down yet.) Finally, they set down the rest of the cards, flipping one over from the top to start the pile— it was a Green 7.
"Um. Who goes first? I haven't played this in like a million years and there's no rules in here, just cards."
"I haven't played in a million years, either," Mixie went to take her seat. "But I can go first."

Mixie tried her best to sit in a way that was most comfortable. It was difficult to sit herself down without sitting on her tail. Eventually, she figured something out and picked up her hand.

"So, eh, don't you have to put down a matchin' colour or number?" Mixie scanned her cards. "Hmmmm... Like this?"

Mixie put down a green 4; a card that matched the colour of the first one. "Then the next person goes, I think. Who's next, then?"

"That's right," Aspen nodded. They keenly watched as Mixie placed down a Green card onto the other one, already formulating a master Uno strategy in their head (just kidding, but they were doing a lot of thinking about colours and numbers.) "Orna's next, I'm pretty sure."
In the background, Aspen's father returned from wherever he had wandered off to phone the pizza place, and he now sat down at the table with the others (though he was sure to point out that he was only watching, and not going to play.)
((We totally don't have the time (nor do I have the braincells) to RP a whole Uno game right— should we roll dice to randomly generate a winner or something?))

Orna set down an Uno card, then reexamined it to make sure it wasn't the wrong one. Drawing cards was something they sort of hated. "Ah, your go!"

((Sounds good to me, but I don't know how many we'd roll. A d10 and we pick a random number beforehand? D30, ten numbers for each of us? A d3 and keep it really simple? ^^'"))

((We could each roll a D6 and lowest number wins? Since Uno is all about having no cards left?))
((Sure! Works for me!))

((Ok well-))
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 4.
((Let's see-))
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 2.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Birthday Party [...] (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus