Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Birthday Party [...] (closed)

Orna Rollo (played anonymously)

((I'm so sorry OvO))
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 6.
Orna Rollo (played anonymously)

After Mixie got rid of all her cards, and Aspen came in second with their hand, Orna laughed ruefully, offered a cheerful high-five, and took a slice of the cake.

"Please feel free to share the rest between yourselves - I've been too long. Thank you! I hope you've had a wonderful, or at least interesting, birthday. Perhaps some day you can play cards with myself and my brother. Thank you, sir, for the party," Orna nodded at the young host's father. "and the balloon!"

Exiting stage parking lot, she went on her hasty way home to see the eager boy who would surely be waiting for her.
Aspen (played by Ultimate.Gaymer) Topic Starter

"Thank you for coming, Orna," Aspen's father said, waving to Orna as she left.
"Yeah, thanks for coming!" Aspen echoed, gathering up the cards from their game of Uno. "And for the cake and stuff!" They felt a bit bad, since Orna had had to leave before the pizza got there. Hopefully, she wouldn't be too hungry.
It actually wasn't all that long after Orna left that the pizza did arrive. A delivery person approached the park, and Aspen's father waved them over, payed for the food, and set the boxes on the picnic table where they had all been sitting. There were three boxes; one of the pizzas appeared to be a large, while the other two were much smaller.
“Okay," Aspen's father said. "This one is pepperoni..." He pushed the largest of the boxes towards Mixie. "Aspen, this is your ham and pineapple..." Again, he pushed the box towards the person who had asked for it, and Aspen beamed widely. The last box was a pizza with beef and peppers, as Orna had requested, but since she was no longer there... "I suppose we'll take this one home; it seems right up my alley, though it's a shame Orna missed out. Now, I hate to rush things, but I think we'll have to wrap up the party here, so Mixie, you can just keep that whole pizza since Aspen and I will be fine with the two smaller ones."
"Wait wait, why do we have to go home now?" Aspen asked, a bit puzzled. "It's still kinda early..."
"While you were all playing Uno, I got a call from your mother, saying that she's in town. She wants to see you before the day is over."
"Oh... Yeah, I guess that makes sense." Aspen nodded. "Well um, this was fun!" They turned to Mixie. "Do you wanna take that cake with you? It looks good 'n' all, but my mom usually brings stuff when she comes over, so I won't need that much dessert. Maybe you got friends or something that you can share it with?" Not that Aspen knew this, of course, but there was a certain Fiend and a little demon child who would indeed be happy to help Mixie eat that cake, and the pizza too.
Mixie happily grabbed the pizza box and opened it with glee. She salivated heavily at the smell of fresh, warm pizza, prompting her to take a slice and take a hearty bite from it.

"Hmmm?" Mixie closed the box, with a mouthful of pizza. Now Aspen was offering to let her have the cake? Well, that certainly wasn't an offer Mixie couldn't refuse...

"Sure," Mixie went for another bite of her slice as she took the container of cake. "I can definitely find someone to share it with! All this food won't go to waste, y'know."

Mixie could easily eat all of this food on her own... but sharing it with her lover and their kid seemed like a great idea. Saves them the trouble of getting dinner. Mixie wolfed down her slice of pizza before placing the container of cake on top of the pizza box.

"Well, that was fun, doll!" Mixie clasped her hands together, pleased. "Thank you for invitin' me to the party... and do let me know when you're throwin' another one. I'll be there."

Honestly? Mixie wouldn't mind going undercover once more to attend more parties. They were quite entertaining. And now that Mixie had a newfound acquaintance, whom she shared quite a bit in common with, she didn't have much of an excuse!

Just before picking up her boxes, Mixie opted to let Aspen have a little peek at the secret she was keeping. While their dad wasn't looking, Mixie peeked over her sunglasses, revealing her crimson eyes with a cheeky little wink. She pushed them quickly back into place; if Aspen blinked, they would have missed it.

"So! I think I'll be makin' my leave now," Mixie picked up the pizza box, careful to not let the cake slide off. "Thanks, both of ya! I'll be seein' ya around, then."

And with that, Mixie walked into the woods, only to sprint once the trees had covered her. She disappeared into the wilderness, off to deliver the food to her loved ones.

Hopefully, she'd get there before it got cold.
Aspen (played by Ultimate.Gaymer) Topic Starter

"Bye!" Aspen waved to the departing Mixie with a bright smile. They gave no indication that they had seen anything unusual when Mixie adjusted her sunglasses. They had seen it, but they weren't sure of just what it was that they had seen- a trick of the light, or something more? Well, no time to worry about that; Mixie was leaving, and their dad was right there, so it wasn't like they could ask any questions.
"Thanks for coming! This was fun!" They called out. Aspen waved to Mixie until she was out of sight, and then they and their father began to pack up, gathering the cooler and the remaining pizza into the car that was parked some distance away. Aspen grabbed their backpack as well, double-checking that nothing was missing from it. They did leave the balloons behind, however, something that would certainly be appreciated by some people, but not by others (might have even been against the rules.)
With the party over and everything packed up, Aspen and their father climbed into the car to go home. This party had been fun, Aspen decided. It wasn't overly eventful, nor were there very many guests, but that was okay! Aspen had had a good day, and they had met some nice people. It had certainly been much better than they had expected.
So, all in all, the party was a success, even if things hadn't gone quite as planned.
THE END

((Wwwwwell, this certainly got wrapped up a bit late, but eh, what can ya do? Anyway thanks to those who participated! I wasn't sure if anyone would... I hope everyone had fun even though this wasn't as big or exciting as the other Summer Soiree topics... We'll just see what I come up with next year! >:) Bye for now!))

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Birthday Party [...] (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus