Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Broken Court | Fantasy Arranged Marr (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Hey everyone,

This is my first roleplay on this site, so hopefully I'm doing things correctly. Here is the synopsis for the RP I had in mind:

SYNOPSIS

The kingdom of Ineva Cor is expansive, bordered by mountains to the west, and the stormy Strafdej Sea to the east. Fueled by a lively sea trade, this country, renowned for its fine silks and pottery, has been prosperous for many generations. Few feel this success more than the many noble families residing within: the ruling House of Dobra, the powerful houses of Eslinger and Worulin, and the lesser houses of Sileja and Ikens.

Our story begins three generations ago, when Cygnus Eslinger was crowned King of Ineva Cor in a controversial decision after the death of the previous monarch, a Dobra. After a tense coronation, heavy crown still on his head, the young man retired to his chambers.

He was found, dead, the next morning. Immediately, suspicion fell to the Dobras, for the next in line after Cygnus was the young Alliana, one of their own. The court believed that the jealous house had staged a power grab, but trials proved inconclusive, and charges were dropped.

Nonetheless, the animosity between the Eslingers and the Dobras festered like an infected wound for years. After generations of conflict and hatred, the matriarchs of the houses decided to bring together their belligerent kinsman with a marriage: the Dobra princess, heir to the throne, would marry a male Eslinger noble in a unity designed to put an end to the rancor between the houses. This is where our story, that of a Broken Court, begins.

INFORMATION
This will be almost an enemies to lovers RP. My character (preferably the Dobra princess) and the other character (Y/N) would be initially cold and suspicious of one another. However, after a time, they would gradually warm up to each other and rule, hand-in-hand. We can always add in additional events for spice.

REQUIREMENTS
Ideally, you would be a good writer with good grammar. I have a preference for the female character (who is a WIP), so, ideally, you would play the male. I am not comfortable with sexual themes at all, but other romance is fine. I am only looking for one person; first come, first served. Preferably, comment before PM'ing so others know that the space is filled. I tend to post about once a day, and I am looking for someone who can do about that as well (though I understand irl commitments). I am looking for this RP to be long-term, as I would like plot/character/romantic development.

I have a map and other worldbuilding aspects in progress. Let me know if you have any questions! Hopefully all was clear, and I did things right.

PS: Sorry for the bump! I forgot genre information.
Magic 60%
Magic may be accepted as truth but is not common. It might be harnessed only by specific beings. Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.
Romance 70%
Romance is required, but may take some time to develop. For example: slow burn RPs.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Broken Court | Fantasy Arranged Marr (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus