Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Machine World (Sci-fi) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Kys'Jarok (played by Riik)

XVS-125.604.204.6 (Known colloquially as Mechanium) is an artificial planet. A hollow construct of steel and other metal alloys overseen by an all-powerful machine overlord. Galactic society has thus far ignored the presence of this seemingly non-threatening world; but when a kidnapped alien princess is tracked to the location, a pair of freelancers are destined to uncover the dark secrets that lie within the mysterious steel sphere.

READ FIRST:

Players aged 16+ are required. This is a personal preference due to the age gap there would otherwise be.

This is a multi-paragraph RP. If you feel you can't maintain a pace of about 2 paragraphs average per post, this might not be for you. Also, expect long posts from me early on - don't feel obligated to keep up with them and don't expect them to persist throughout; it'd be mostly due to me setting the scene.

Kys had been on jobs like this before, both solo and as part of a team. Whilst it was in the vast minority of cases that they were separated from their life partner Xá'Taren, there were often times where going their separate ways was inevitable. This was such a time. Of course, on this occasion, it seemed Kys was not actually destined to be working alone. Two others had been hired for this task - a partner and a pilot; though the latter was not to remain with them for long, or so they were led to believe. This was perhaps a task that Kys couldn't perform alone. For much of galactic society was designed around the concept of sight - a sense Kys was entirely lacking. They needed help to find and identify the kidnapped princess. Still, their combat prowess and cool-headed open-mindedness had apparently made them a hire of choice. Which meant they were up against the unknown. An adversary Kys relished facing.

So this is essentially a sci-fi action adventure set in a fairly alien environment (one of machines), filled with a number of unknown threats and secrets. I'm essentially looking for basically any kind of character for this, as long as they can be capable of a fair amount of athletics or agility and some combat skill. Basically, they have to be good enough to be considered for hiring on a mission like this. Your character doesn't have to have the capability of sight, but they do need to be able to overcome such a lack of sense in ways that Kys can't (sufficiently to find and identify a missing person through means other than just sound). Any species is welcome (the less human the better, though humans are welcome too), though I reserve the right to reject a potential partner if I'm not feeling their character is what I'm looking for. I'm not all that picky, beyond not desiring underpowered/overpowered characters, overly-sexualised characters or characters with ill-suited skillsets.
Magic 00%
No magic at all.
Technology 90%
Far future, perhaps interstellar travel (faster than light)
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 00%
No romance at all will be included in this plot, period.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Machine World (Sci-fi) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus