Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Spooky Medic

Never done this event before, and it sounds like it could be fun.

I want ideas for :
    A female character
    Doctor or cleric
    and... Must be some kind of supernatural being, (Undead, werewolf, Vampire, Ext.)

Cause who would know how to cure a body better than someone that eats them
Ilmarinen Moderator

Maybe a little predictable, but they could wear a plague doctor mask to hide their inhuman features! And I love the idea of an undead healer.
Oooooh, I like this idea!

So, going off of Ilmarinen's idea, I like the idea of her hiding her inhuman features. Perhaps she's a zombie who conceals the entirety of her rotting body as to not scare her patients. How about a plague doctor mask, a clean lab coat, long-sleeved shirts and pants, and bandages wrapped around any skin exposed? (Such as her arms, hands, and neck?) Perhaps to cover up the stench of her decaying self, she wears some kind of perfume?

As a doctor/cleric, she genuinely wants to help people. And of course, since zombies like her eat the flesh of the living, she has very broad anatomical knowledge and uses that to her advantage. A human might not like the idea of trusting their health and well-being to something that eats flesh, so she wears her little disguise; it's still very eerie-looking, but at the very least, she looks human enough for people to think she's human.

Being a zombie, what if she still has those flesh-eating instincts? Does she eat the flesh of those who have already died (such as a patient who dies despite her treatments?), or what if she actively resists them, and opts for a more 'normal/human' diet (perhaps eating raw chicken or steak just to satisfy her instincts enough that they won't interfere with her work)?
Or, what if she has full control over her instincts and has no desire to consume flesh at all? Just tossing some ideas around! :D

Going off the undead idea for a backstory, what if she were raised by a necromancer to be their personal doctor? That doesn't have to be the way that she came to be, but perhaps it would explain why she's sentient and not a mindless, starving cadaver like most undead creatures?
Claine Moderator

GingerHades mentioned a necromancer - but what if they were a Necromancer. They may not openly advertise it, but maybe they're a cleric to a dark god. But they're the only doctor in town, and people are willing to look the other way when they have no other options.

In the very unfortunate case of death (or perhaps they're the kind to... hurry it up a little) they have a new body for their experiments.

It's not entirely evil, what they learn in their work can be applied to living breathing humans - for example, studying how the heart works, and how muscles attach to bones.
Hmm... Everyone seems to be leaning zombie here, and it's a cool idea! What if she was a morgue worker as her early job, so she can easily discern things like the cause of death, but she also can see them in the earlh stages, meaning she can fix issues the patient didnt even know they had?
What about a ghost or a phantom? Perhaps even a wraith or even a lich? And instead of necromancy she uses voodoo curses/dolls to heal? For example she makes a doll of her patient that has broken arm or cut. The doctor would mend doll in process healing her patient.
Jz96 Topic Starter

Thank you all very much for the ideas.
Expect our spooky medic by the end if the week. (Might have to flag it for gore.)
Jz96 Topic Starter

So, Good news and bad news.

Good News, I have the sheet.

https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1470249

Bad News, it is not complete. I got busy lately, and the got sidetracked from completing Rosemary's backstory on time.

She will be completed Soon, and I have a creepy commission of her being drawn.
I'm sorry the Spooky Medic is not in her final stage yet, But she will be soon.

Thanks again to all the participated, this was a rather fun event.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Spooky Medic

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus