Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for adventurers! (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Eona Morrit (played by Mirafin)

Wanted: A group of people to go on an adventure. Something with a classic murder hobo vibe. Inquire
within.
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Hi, elf barbarian, same as before.
Jack (played by DoogieMeowser)

let's gooooooooo
Eona Morrit (played by Mirafin) Topic Starter

Anybody have any ideas about where we should start or something interesting we should do? Personally I'll do anything from super creative to classic trope.

All original characters start out in prison for small (or maybe even large) crimes and are forced to go on a king-requested mission to obtain an impossibly rare and heavily guarded artifact.
medieval suicide squad 馃槅

They were imprisoned for crimes they didn't commit. They have escaped and now travel around getting hired by people to solve problems while being chased by the people who imprisoned them.

Fantasy A-Team 馃檭

馃槀馃槀

A-Team or Suicide Squad, HMMM
I like the suicide squad idea

Works for me too.

should we start tomorrow, or another day, to give others a chance to join if they want?
If people don't have the enthusiasm to reply anytime soon then they wouldn't likely keep up regardless.

Let's start tomorrow. We can always add more people later if we want to.

sounds good! :D

Who wants to start?
Sorry. I was doing the intervention thing last night. A coworker/friend was dumped- again.

I was also thinking we might draft to some sort of limited social contract as well. Nothing too fancy. Maybe something like a generic soft rule like, "Try and let two others post before you do."

Though, that particular thing wasn't much of an issue previously.

i like turn base the best tbh, but i know that can result in a lot of waiting around
When your "Turn" can consist of having a conversation, running about and fighting/killing a dozen enemies to get to a magic door, solve and open the door just because you know the answer to the door's riddle and want to enter it first....

I guess the term "turn" also might need definition.

Incidentally, I only cost that particular issue because, generally, everyone was good about not speed posting. That way nobody would think I was being passive aggressive.
I think it should simply be a matter of everyone getting a post after the leader, specific orders don't matter and may smooth things a bit

Something like:

Leave enough time between your posts to let other players do their thing.
Don't go crazy with the amount of actions in each post.
No god-moding. (Unless you get permission from the group because what you want to do is going to be very cool.)
No interfering in anyone else's character or combat without permission.

In other words, be a considerate member of the group.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for adventurers! (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus