Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Your friendly neighborhood...

Alexander Jacen Lockhart (played by Hurricane_Lance) Topic Starter

He chuckled a bit as the symbiotic head receded revealing Alex's normal face.

"There's only one way to find out. I may have just received these powers but it have the knowledge of all the previous hosts. Including the 'volunteers' that Venom did actually merge withbefore realizing it was just an attempt to fix the reprogramming device on it which led him to stop merging with them."

He then turned and walked towards the end of the alley.

"Best place to find a Rhino? The zoo. But I guarantee that's not where our rhino is hiding at."

The symbiotic lifeform then regained it's head as he leapt up into the sky and fired off a webline swinging off.

"Follow the screams."
Gaia (played anonymously)

Gaia hesitated, then concluded that its strained aquantence would be no use to it or S.H.I.E.L.D. Besides, being a part of the international company meant working for their cause, and Rhino's death would fall under that category.

"very well"

Gaia followed him. Predicting his movements it caught up to Alex/Venom enough to talk.

"where do you suggest we look then?"

He chuckled a bit at the question posed of him.

"Banks are always a good start. From what's coursing through my mind here, Rhino has a tendency to be a bit of a heavy for bigger names."

"Sounds good to me but which one in particular?"

(OOC: Dunno if you seen my forum post I made a few days back but I said in it I was stopping posting temporarily in the RPs I'm in to work on my group. And right now i'
Taking a break from working on it so I figured I'd get some posting done. Heh.)

He shrugged a bit at the question.

"How bout you use that little helmet of yours. I'm sure with all the technology has it's probally got some sort of police scanner or something in it. Listen in for anything about banks or places that would have a high cash output being hit. When you do, we'll haul tail there. In the mean time, we'll have to do it the old fashioned way. Using our eyes. So we'll just check every bank and the areas around them one by one."

He would then swing off quickly.

((that's fine, at least I know, that way I'll focus on other rps as well))

Gaia sighed, it normally didn't take orders from anyone else other then its master. Gaia pressed a button on the side of its helmet. Instantly the sound of the police channel began to emit inside her helmet. Robberies, petty theifts, and a street fight came up, but nothing on high end bank robbery. Gaia pressed another button and a small earbud with a hook and antennae popped out. Gaia tossed it at Alex/venom just before he leapt.
"Use this, that way you can hear it when it comes up"

He would catch it and hold it by his head as it essentially fused into his head as the symbiotic absorbed it. He quietly listened in for a moment bringing himself to a halt as he swung a bit and grabbed ahold of the side of a building focusing entirely on the different things that were happening on the channel.

"Rhinos are hard to miss...so why is this one being so hard to find...Curious..."

He then looked to Gaia as he stood up on tue side of the building.

"So...now that we can use our ears instead of your eyes...What's your story?"

Gaia also stopped and climbed onto a nearby balcony for comfort.
"nothing to complicated, I was created by a bunch of multi species scientists on a far off planet! They used various genes and technology in my making and were planning to use me in a war I think. They were downloading a loyalty chip into my system so I became loyal to my masters, but it never downloaded who they were exactly. Turns out that an enemy ship attacked the planet half way. They found me and I served them for a while till that master was killed then I followed his killer and so on and so forth. After a while I found that I no longer had a master and became a mercenary. S.H.I.E.L.D. hired me and now I'm here. What about you? Both the alien and Alex"

He chuckled a bit as he looked towards Gaia.
"Quite interesting. As for us. Quite simple really. For the alien, he just wants to reprogram himself per say. Not be part of SHIELDS experiments. Granted he knows it'll be a long hard road due to his past, so it'll make him a bit of a anti hero. But...yeah."

He then reached up and rubbed his chin.

"As for me...well. I'm just a guy who loves to fight. And this being merging with me will just male my fights that much more fun. Symbiotic merged with me. It's memories became mine. I'm the one who chose venom cause he'll be a good test of my new abilities I've been given."

Just then the building he was on would shake violently as a loud crashing noise was heard from below. Instinctively crouching and grabbing the building for support, he cursed under his breath.

"I think we found him..."

(sorry for the late reply)

Gaia Jumped from the balcony of the unaffected building onto the now shaking one, easily making the jump and landing a few feet below where Venom clung.
"Good I was about to get bored"
It hurled to the side as a chunk of the building broke free and hurtled to the ground.

(It's fine.)

He smirked a bit at Gaia's comment about getting bored as he sprung off the building and landed in the alley below and growled a bit.

"Fun time."

He then leapt to another near by building and started bouncing down the alley way between buildings following the sound of crashes.

Gaia pushed half jumped half climbed its way to the roof of the building. Tossing its feet over the ridge it made its way to the side of the building that shook the most. With its hand on the ledge for balance Gaia peered over the side and was met with the sight of smoke near the buildings base. Placing two fingers to the side of the helmet, Gaia hoped that Venom hadn't thrown the communicated peice out.

"It's Gaia, see anything down there? All I see is smoke and debree"

He dropped all the way to the ground and looked about quickly, seeing a large hole that went clean through the building, he grumbled a bit and looked about again then slung off down the road in what he was hoping was the right direction.

"Yeah. Smoke debris, a hole in the building, cars and hopefully the right direction."

As he spoke a car rocketed past just under him as he was sticking low to the road amd after a moment spotted the back of Rhino.

"Ok...right direction. Wow this guy is fast. Not fast enough though. We're north bound on the road."

"Yeah I see him, I'll try to get a tracker on him"

Gaia shot accross the roof jumping to the next and the one after that. Rhino was fast, but he had to dodge cars and other objects or else lose his momentum, Gaia only had the ocasional chimney or air vent. It quickly got ahead of him. Calculating Rhino's speed it planted itself and waited. Gaia didn't have to wait long before Rhino was in range. It lifted its hand high then slung it forward, a small glowing disk shot from the compartment at her wrist. Gaia just hoped that it sticked on rhino's rough suit.

He glanced at the glowing disk and grunted a bit as he flipped into the air and upon beginning his descent, fired a small ball of web timing it so it would land over the homing device to aid in keeping it attached to Rhinos tough hide. He then fired another webline and slung up to the roof adjacent from Gaia and rubbed his chin in thought.

"Hope that thing of yours works. Wanna continue pursuit or let him go? Makes no difference to me. Either way paths will cross again."

Gaia stopped and watched its mismatched companion as he rubbed his chin.
Why do humans have the need to show such useless signs of thought or emotion?
Gaia leaned over the side of the building just enough to see rhino turn a corner, something that he had stolen gripped in his arms.

"Whether we go or not makes no difference, If we go we will have to fight him. If we stay then we will have to fight him as well, but it gives him more of a chance of finding and removeing the tracker before we catch him, on the other hand he might lead us to the rest of his associates which could both be a good and a bad thing. Long story short, do you rather want to fight him now and for sure win but not gain any further, or fight later and have less of a chance of finding him and winning but have access to more criminals as well as being well rested and prepared?"

He watched as Rhino disappeared then looked to Gaia quietly for a moment.

"Why do you robot things always gotta make multiple suggestions that all sound good? I never did get that."

He then jumped from the roof firing off a webline and heading off after Rhino.

((sorry for the late reply, it didn't show up on my home page))

Gaia followed him closely, shifting between her grappling and running across roofs.

"I don't understand what your trying to ask but I was just stating the pros and cons of either outcome"

Gaia shot through between two houses as Rhino turned onto another street, then showed up again just behind him on the new street.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Your friendly neighborhood...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus