Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Ability to Passcode Lock Character Profiles/Pages

A sort of side-topic to unlisting characters.

I know that there's a way to lock characters so that only those who use the site can access them, but what about those who want to share their characters with others that don't have access to the site? PRP has excellent profile creation capabilities, but not everyone uses it as their primary RP platform.

There's also the fact that we can't lock characters from others that use the site- what if someone wants to restrict a character to only an RP group and give access to others who are in that same RP group as them, but not the rest of the site when taking their username is out of the question because they want to make it clear that the OC is a creation of theirs?

Another aspect to this that I'd like to bring up, and that's locking pages on character profiles. Maybe someone wants that extra security to stop those who are underaged from accessing more NSFW information about their character, or they're just more self-conscious about the character and prefer to share it with a trusted few. Perhaps more commonly it would be used as a way to hide spoilers about a character such as GM usage? It's not though as if we can hide pages from a character's navigation bar after all.

This is admittedly an idea that I'm a bit half-heatedly suggesting because I know it's a bit more of a niche thing, but it was just an extra thought.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Ability to Passcode Lock Character Profiles/Pages

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus