Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Creature College (Modern Fantasy) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Floof (played by Riik)

Two years ago, a strange metaphysical phenomenon deposited creatures from across the multiverse upon Earth. To acclimatise them with Earthly ways, the creatures have been enrolled into the human education system, fast-tracked to educational levels based on their maturity and intelligence. Those who scored sufficiently have been collected into a singular college at a newly-established university in the UK, where they have been given lodging and allowed to choose a subject of study. But not every creature can so easily adapt...

READ FIRST:

Players aged 16+ are required. This is a personal preference due to the age gap there would otherwise be.

This is a multi-paragraph RP. If you feel you can't maintain a pace of about 2 paragraphs average per post, this might not be for you. Also, expect long posts from me early on - don't feel obligated to keep up with them and don't expect them to persist throughout; it'd be mostly due to me setting the scene.

I guess this is a slice-of-life-y university RP with action elements that mirror the supernatural genre. Floof is a university student studying medicine. I'm looking for someone to play a room-mate (if a creature) or a classmate (if a human) to hang out with them and solve problems together that other 'creature' students are causing. Naturally, your character should be of either University-eligible age (no upper limit) or maturity (in the case of creatures who don't age as humans do). Anything that isn't too out-there will work (so no demi-gods, eldritch beings or anything ridiculous), though I would prefer 'creatures' to be... well... creature-y. I won't outright say no to vampires, elves or other human-adjacents, I just think they'd be less interesting for this setting. Anthro characters will work fine.

Much of the RP will focus around creature characters trying to fit in with human society, often making a mess of things to various degrees and generally causing drama. There will probably be themes of xenophobia from humans aimed toward the creatures - kinda akin to the sorts of thing seen in series like X-Men.

This is a fully platonic RP, though there's plenty of room for friendship and bonding, especially with a cuddly character like Floof. So there won't be romance. Not saying your character can't have romantic interests amongst background characters, but I won't be playing any of them.
Magic 40%
Magic is rare. Some of the players might have it. There may be sages or other magical figures that could be sought out for tutelage.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.
Romance 00%
No romance at all will be included in this plot, period.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

I have 3 ocs that i would love to rp with if you would like! lilly, minerva or aigrid!
Floof (played by Riik) Topic Starter

theemotionalgay wrote:
I have 3 ocs that i would love to rp with if you would like! lilly, minerva or aigrid!

Well unless I'm missing something, I can only find two of those on your profile. Lemme know a bit more in a PM and we'll see where to go from there.
Floof wrote:
theemotionalgay wrote:

Well unless I'm missing something, I can only find two of those on your profile. Lemme know a bit more in a PM and we'll see where to go from there.

I think it was a glitch cause they should be up now :)
Floof (played by Riik) Topic Starter

theemotionalgay wrote:
I think it was a glitch cause they should be up now :)

I see Aigrid, Lilly, Mai, Marin and Salem.

No Minerva.

Are you sure they aren't set to anonymous or aren't in draft mode?
I did not thik that setting them anonymous wouldnt allow them to be visible, my apologies :(

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Creature College (Modern Fantasy) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus