Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Sentinel's Plane

Sentinel (played by KingDragon)

A shocking, obsidian black plane sprawls out infinitely across the dark dimension, illuminated only by a cruel, black sun, with ever-shifting amoebas of orange light piercing through, a corona of unnerving orange surrounding it as its afterimage reflected upon the dark glass as it's creepy light illuminated everything with a sinister shade, though everyone could see fine if their eyes managed to adjust. Gravity hardly existed here, one could float around as one wished. Walking this plane was a thin, tall creature, in a perfectly white three-piece suit, sitting in a lounging chair with a large cauldron filled to the brim with candy sat next to him. Sentinel looked about, looking for whatever visitors may be present.

(Authors Note; Hey everybody! Anybody is welcome to this RP! You can enter through a dimensional rift or any kind of portal, or whatever! However, if you have roleplayed with Sentinel before, you may have a Runic Token that he's given you. That token will open a portal for you to enter, and if you show him the token, you will get a nice little suprise~)
Starlit-Wisdom (played by Riik)

Poof! ... Thunk!

A frazzled-looking Starlit-Wisdom shot out of an interdimensional tear, momentum sending them to the floor face-first, rolling heels-over-head until they landed on their rear. A huff of exasperation escaped their six nostrils and they stood up, dusting themselves off. Their experiment had worked! Sort of. Dimensional travel. This didn't look like the location the probe they had sent earlier had ended up in, though. They glanced at a watch-like device which gave a count-down of when they would be recalled. They didn't have long.

Starlit-Wisdom was still wearing the costume they had donned for their lab's Halloween party. Not that - according to their co-workers - they apparently needed a costume. Starlit-Wisdom still wasn't sure whether or not that was an insult. There was a minor element of spite in the fact that the costume they had chosen was... a human. They were dressed in business attire. Black pants, white shirt, blue tie, black blazer. They even had shoes specially fashioned to fit their hooves. The only jarring part of their outfit was the fact that it bulged out at their wrists and ankles where their patches of fur fought against the fabric confines. Though this particular outfit did not normally come with a hat, they had decided to wear one anyway. A top hat, no less.

Starlit-Wisdom soon noticed that they were not alone. With the way the other figure was positioned, it was likely they resided here. Oddly enough, aspects of the decor seemed to suggest that this individual was observing the same holiday the scientists back at home were. A curious coincidence. Perhaps it would be prudent to play along?

Starlit-Wisdom took the top hat from their head and turned it upside down as they approached. They stopped a short distance away and bowed, holding it out as a trick-or-treater was expected to do. Whilst they could not verbally declare their intentions, they hoped their posture was enough to impart the message of trick-or-treat on its own.
Sentinel (played by KingDragon) Topic Starter

Sentinel, who was nearly asleep when he heard the portal, perked up, propping himself up on his elbows as he shifted his hat from over his eyes to the top of his head and grabbed his cane. He stood up and slowly walked over, his shoes clicking on the ground, his smile growing ever larger, before he was six, maybe seven feet away. He knelt down and said, "Hello! Having a good Halloween, my dear friend?" He summoned the cauldron to sit right in front of Starlit-Wisdom, gesturing to it with his cane. "Take whatever you like, my friend! And there is no limit to how much; fill your hat to your heart's content!" He looked about his realm and thought, "I should probably make this place a bit more... familiar, shouldn't I?" In the blink of an eye, the dark plane was transformed into a suburban neighborhood. Sentinel and Starlit Wisdom stood on a sidewalk protruding from in front of an average, white house; with hundreds more stretching infinitely down either side. It looked almost like a dream, how his house was the only one with lights on, the street lamps making an eerie buzz... Well, at least Sentinel tried to make it Earth-like.
Ryan (played by GU7TMUNCH3RZ)

He'd fallen through a man-made portal, he noticed sentinel and shouted "Happy Halloween!"

Sentinel's head snapped to Ryan, and he smiled brightly as he stood, spreading his arms wide, "Welcome to my plane, dear friend! Come, take your fill of candy from this here cauldron!" He knelt down and picked up the cauldron. Despite how heavy the cauldron was, he shook it around as if it was a cat bowl. "Oh, and don't worry about the uncanniness of the scene, my friend. I haven't spent too much time in suburban neighborhoods, I had to create this on-the-fly with my memory. Though my memory is quite good, nobody's perfect, really."

Starlit-Wisdom - owing to the fact that they had no mouth - could not eat. That being said, their co-workers would very much be flummoxed if they happened to return from their interdimensional trip with candy. And so, they began to grab multiple handfuls to deposit into their hat. They froze in place for a moment as the scenery changed, facial feelers rippling and wiggling. Their singular eye blinked a few times and a few confused and intrigued puffs of air escaped their nostrils.

Eventually, their ears settled into a relaxed 'smile' formation, and they clapped their hands together as best they could whilst still holding the hat. They spent a moment to turn around and take in the environment, before turning back and pondering a method of communication. In the end, all they could think of was pointing at Sentinel and then gesturing questioningly to the environment around.

Sentinel, in response to Starlit-Wisdoms gestures, chuckled, saying, "All Void Monarchs, such as I, have their own, personal dimension, or Shadow Plane. Anybody can enter them, but only if the Void Monarch is willing. I can change my plane to reflect my will, or the will of those inside of it if I let their minds have an influence. All of this... stuff... you see around you is still the exact same material as the floor that you were just walking on, just... reshaped. I don't know what everything is like, however, so some things are simply illusions and have no tactile properties. I can make absolutely anything and everything happen, as long as I am in my plane."

The explanation offered mainly served to add an additional question to Starlit-Wisdom's mind. With awkward uncertainty, they pointed to the candy in their hat questioningly.

"The candy is, in fact, real. I went to a candy factory on Earth. I'm good friends with the manager there, and he gave me as much as my cauldron could fit and wrote it off on the company as Quality Control. So, this is all real, there is nothing magical about it, and when you leave this dimension, you will still have the candy. Well, that is if you don't spill it while you are in warp; then it will be lost to the multidimensional streams. Who knows, maybe some of the candy will shoot out after you. But I wouldn't take that chance, so just try to not spill it." He gave a thumbs up, then patted the hat with the tips of his fingers before he sat back, conjuring a chair for him to lounge in.

Starlit-Wisdom nodded and bowed politely. Their watch-like device beeped a moment after, and they stepped away to create space around themselves, offering a final wave, before vanishing in a blink of distorted light as they were pulled back to their own dimension.
Snick (played by Rigby)

The thing about being freshly out in the world was that one often had to piece its workings together backwards and hope at the end of the day that one could get by as a functioning person while others were none the wiser.

Take Halloween, for example. Snick had put together the basics over time: you dress up in a costume and ask for candy.

She didn't see anything wrong with that. Easy enough, simple enough. She'd even borrowed a bucket to put the candy in. With a lid! (She drew appropriately spooky faces on the side to make it look more festive, naturally)

What she didn't expect was to fall into another world while she was out on the prowl (someone should REALLY label those moongates!) - and the scream she'd initially let fly with was wild and long and utterly befitting the holiday.

A scream that cut short in complete confusion when she'd spotted the cauldron of candy. Oh.

Sentinel himself would be treated to the sight an odd little Frankenstein-monster of a creature floating before him, four-eared, quilled, and dressed in a rather shabby homemade witch's outfit, clutching a drainage barrel that rattled with candies very close to her chest.

"...is this a lab?" Is this hell? Goodness, either were rude. She'd tried again; it seemed a safer option.

"H-hello." Her eyes darted to the candy, to her bucket, and then back again. Then pointed. "Is that for me?"

Sentinel stood, looking to the newcomer, and smiling with a broad band of needle sharp teeth across his face. "Take whatever from this cauldron you like! And this is my laboratory, you could say." He snapped his fingers, and the plane turned to a grassy field; another snap, the middle of an empty street in a megacity at midnight. A third snap, they were upon a castle parapet. He snapped again, and they were back in rural suburbia, uncannily repeating itself infinitely.
Snick (played by Rigby)

The scenery flickered around her at the host's behest, and Snick was unsure whether it was safe to react with awe, or protect her paltry little candy haul; she opted for both, clinging tightly to her bucket with her frill flared around her neck (it was festively covered in gauzy lace and webs befitting of her witch's outfit).

"Never seen'a lab that did that...the candy don't do that, right?"

She crept forward, peeked over the edge of the cauldron warily, ears swiveling, as she picked over a few pieces and held them at arm's length. She squinted suspiciously at each as if they'd turn into something dreadful like cauliflower at any moment.

"Awful nice of you!"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Sentinel's Plane

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus