Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick-or-Treat: Joe's Haunted Garage (Closed)

Joe Scott (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

"Ah, I have a friend that does celebrate Samhain. It's a Gaelic festival that gets celebrated on Hallow's eve and the day after. I wanted to add it, just in case." She smiled, not seeming rattled by them not knowing what it was. She didn't know too much about it herself, only that what Lilly had taught her.

"Oh, okay...," Joe said nodding. Clearly, the older man didn't have any idea but wanted to seem respectful all the same.

It was only then that she really took in the two of them, scanning their costumes and taking in the attention to detail. In truth, they looked great, and Grace felt compelled to compliment them.

"Your costumes are a really nice choice. I like them a lot. Did you make them?" She asked, hoping that it wasn't a foolish question. They looked like proper craftmanship and seeing that they owned a garage she wouldn't put the ability to make something pretty like that past them.

"Uh, sort of," Trevor, the younger one dressed as Frankenstein's monster chimed in. "We were going for Herman and Grandpa Munster originally. The costumes are off the shelf, but my girlfriend customized them a bit. She's pretty good at that sort of thing."

As Joe grabbed a big fist full of chocolate bars, her eyes lit up once more and she couldn't help but to show a happy wiggle, almost dancing by the counter at the sight of the chocolate. With the added aesthetics of the decorations, this really brought her back to trick or treating as a kid. All she really needed was for her brother to stand with her.

While holding out her hands to accept the chocolates, she briefly turned to carefully eye Jack who was still standing on the sidewalk on the other side of the street. His amusement was clear to see, but he didn't seem like he was going to get any closer.

"Did you have a lot of trick or treaters so far?" She asked curiously, having always loved the event and wishing that she too could give candy out. Sadly enough, the dorms on campus weren't an ideal location to do so.

"Oh a few," Joe replied. "What about you? Just getting started this evening?"

He held out the sack open. “Um..I made it”, he said. Mefitis stopped moving.

"Very cool," The younger man dressed as Frankenstein replied regarding the tentacle.

The older man, his dad, filled the sack with mini chocolate bars when Alistor held it out.

"There you go," Joe said. "Enjoy your evening!"
Alastor (played by Jaws)

Joe Scott wrote:
He held out the sack open. “Um..I made it”, he said. Mefitis stopped moving.

"Very cool," The younger man dressed as Frankenstein replied regarding the tentacle.

The older man, his dad, filled the sack with mini chocolate bars when Alistor held it out.

"There you go," Joe said. "Enjoy your evening!"

“You too”, he said as he walked away, closing up his sack. Once he was far away from the garage, he spoke in an whisper, “That was excellent behavior. I think we find more spots for that.” The symbiote made a happy sound.
Jack Gibson (played by SylOfficial)

Joe Scott wrote:
"Ah, I have a friend that does celebrate Samhain. It's a Gaelic festival that gets celebrated on Hallow's eve and the day after. I wanted to add it, just in case." She smiled, not seeming rattled by them not knowing what it was. She didn't know too much about it herself, only that what Lilly had taught her.

"Oh, okay...," Joe said nodding. Clearly, the older man didn't have any idea but wanted to seem respectful all the same.

It was only then that she really took in the two of them, scanning their costumes and taking in the attention to detail. In truth, they looked great, and Grace felt compelled to compliment them.

"Your costumes are a really nice choice. I like them a lot. Did you make them?" She asked, hoping that it wasn't a foolish question. They looked like proper craftmanship and seeing that they owned a garage she wouldn't put the ability to make something pretty like that past them.

"Uh, sort of," Trevor, the younger one dressed as Frankenstein's monster chimed in. "We were going for Herman and Grandpa Munster originally. The costumes are off the shelf, but my girlfriend customized them a bit. She's pretty good at that sort of thing."

As Joe grabbed a big fist full of chocolate bars, her eyes lit up once more and she couldn't help but to show a happy wiggle, almost dancing by the counter at the sight of the chocolate. With the added aesthetics of the decorations, this really brought her back to trick or treating as a kid. All she really needed was for her brother to stand with her.

While holding out her hands to accept the chocolates, she briefly turned to carefully eye Jack who was still standing on the sidewalk on the other side of the street. His amusement was clear to see, but he didn't seem like he was going to get any closer.

"Did you have a lot of trick or treaters so far?" She asked curiously, having always loved the event and wishing that she too could give candy out. Sadly enough, the dorms on campus weren't an ideal location to do so.

"Oh a few," Joe replied. "What about you? Just getting started this evening?"

"That's cool," She started as Trevor explained that his girlfriend had customized their costumes a little. "I wouldn't be able to tell that they were off the shelf anymore. Make sure to tell her that she's done an amazing job." She complimented, sounding nothing but genuine. "I quite like the original take."

Her warm smile remained even as she was receiving the candy, not missing a beat until Joe countered her question with one of his own. It faltered a little then, showing a twinge of guilt and perhaps even the embarrassment that Jack had spoken of.

"Eh, to be honest..." She said, smiling sheepishly now as she turned her right foot inward a little, her boots shuffling over the lobby floor. "We are on our way to a friend's party, but I saw your decorations and I couldn't help it. I had to come and take a closer look... and of course candy is always nice." She admitted, feeling a little caught in the act.

As soon as she had admitted that she heard a warm voice coming up behind her, and a rather big hand was placed on her shoulder.

"We really shouldn't be late, Grace. I know that this holiday makes you excited, but an agreement is an agreement." He stated. It wasn't a cold statement or one with a malicious sentiment attached to it... no, it almost sounded protective as if he was trying to get her out of the awkward situation.

Green eyes similar to hers then shot up to the two that stood on the other side of the counter, and he too smiled warmly like she had.

"I'm sorry if she's been keeping you, she tends to get chatty." He chuckled, which immediately got him an offended hip shove from the short woman next to him.

"Only if the people are nice, Jack." She argued, fighting the urge to stick her tongue out at him.

"That's cool," She started as Trevor explained that his girlfriend had customized their costumes a little. "I wouldn't be able to tell that they were off the shelf anymore. Make sure to tell her that she's done an amazing job." She complimented, sounding nothing but genuine. "I quite like the original take."

"Sure," Trevor replied.

"I think he got the better end of the deal in this relationship," Joe chuckled.

"I do things for her, pop. And when she gets her car finally, I'm going to take care of it for her," Trevor said matter-of-factly.

Her warm smile remained even as she was receiving the candy, not missing a beat until Joe countered her question with one of his own. It faltered a little then, showing a twinge of guilt and perhaps even the embarrassment that Jack had spoken of.

"Eh, to be honest..." She said, smiling sheepishly now as she turned her right foot inward a little, her boots shuffling over the lobby floor. "We are on our way to a friend's party, but I saw your decorations and I couldn't help it. I had to come and take a closer look... and of course candy is always nice." She admitted, feeling a little caught in the act.

"Oh definitely," Trevor agreed.

As soon as she had admitted that she heard a warm voice coming up behind her, and a rather big hand was placed on her shoulder.

"We really shouldn't be late, Grace. I know that this holiday makes you excited, but an agreement is an agreement." He stated. It wasn't a cold statement or one with a malicious sentiment attached to it... no, it almost sounded protective as if he was trying to get her out of the awkward situation.

"Well don't want to keep you," Joe said. "Want some candy for your friend? He can have some, too."

Joe held up a fist full of mini-Snickers.

Green eyes similar to hers then shot up to the two that stood on the other side of the counter, and he too smiled warmly like she had.

"I'm sorry if she's been keeping you, she tends to get chatty." He chuckled, which immediately got him an offended hip shove from the short woman next to him.

"Quite alright," Joe reassured. "It's Halloween. Thanks for stopping by!"

"Only if the people are nice, Jack." She argued, fighting the urge to stick her tongue out at him.

"Happy Halloween," Trevor said. The girl reminded her of Tabby. Not just the hair, but her snarky attitude.

"Have a good night and enjoy your party," Joe added.
Joe Scott wrote:

"Sure," Trevor replied.

"I think he got the better end of the deal in this relationship," Joe chuckled.

"I do things for her, pop. And when she gets her car finally, I'm going to take care of it for her," Trevor said matter-of-factly.

"Oh definitely," Trevor agreed.

"Well don't want to keep you," Joe said. "Want some candy for your friend? He can have some, too."

Joe held up a fist full of mini-Snickers.

"Quite alright," Joe reassured. "It's Halloween. Thanks for stopping by!"

"Happy Halloween," Trevor said. The girl reminded her of Tabby. Not just the hair, but her snarky attitude.

"Have a good night and enjoy your party," Joe added.

Even though admitting the truth felt like a risky move, she still felt it was the right thing to do. She had half-expected for Trevor or his father to get upset, but none of them seemed to really mind it. Her smile returned then, and she beamed when Joe reassured Jack that it was quite alright. See, she was right! People really didn't mind her chatting with them!

Giving the man with the long ginger hair a rather smug looking glance, she then turned back to Trevor and shook her head. "Friends? I wish, then I didn't have to put up with this fool for the rest of my life." She chuckled. "He's my brother." She explained, a little amused that for once the resemblance between the two of them wasn't that obvious.

"Older brother." Jack insisted, stretching the word older a little to show that he was clearly the mature one of the duo. After that clarification, he seemed to be looking a little smug himself. At the offer of candy, his gaze zoomed in on the snicker bars and he almost licked his lips, considering how delicious they were.

"Oh, come on now, you Fossil. Accept it already before all of your hair turns grey." Grace laughed, smirking a little once she saw him hesitantly extend his hand to take the candy.

Once he had the candy in his possession, Jack couldn't help but to smile widely as well. It wasn't quite beaming like his sister did, but he was clearly appreciative. So much so that even the nickname of Fossil couldn't throw him off.

"Happy Halloween to you both as well, enjoy the rest of your evening." He offered.

"Yes, have a lovely evening! Thank you for the candy!" Grace agreed, slipping her own candy into her fox shaped purse while preparing to leave.

"Oh and good luck with your girlfriend's car. It sounds like you're both lucky to have each other." She claimed, waving a little at both of them and smiling widely even as she turned to walk away.

As they exited the shop and crossed the street again to head to the party, Grace couldn't help but to do a little victory skip. She had gotten the candy she had hoped for, got to enjoy some Halloween decorations and got to meet two nice people in the process. It was clearly a win in her book.

"Now... Fossil? Really?" Jack argued as they reached the other side of the street. He hadn't even stopped on their way and had still managed to stuff most of the snickers in his pockets while opening one of the bars.

"Shut up and eat your snickers." Grace countered, laughing wholeheartedly as they walked on.
Trevor Scott (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

Once he had the candy in his possession, Jack couldn't help but to smile widely as well. It wasn't quite beaming like his sister did, but he was clearly appreciative. So much so that even the nickname of Fossil couldn't throw him off.

"Happy Halloween to you both as well, enjoy the rest of your evening." He offered.

"Yes, have a lovely evening! Thank you for the candy!" Grace agreed, slipping her own candy into her fox shaped purse while preparing to leave.

"Thanks, you too," Trevor replied and waved.

"Oh and good luck with your girlfriend's car. It sounds like you're both lucky to have each other." She claimed, waving a little at both of them and smiling widely even as she turned to walk away.

"But she's the luckier of the two," Joe replied slapping his son on his back. "Maybe when Starla has a car, you'll provide more value in her life." He laughed.

"Sure, old fossil," Trevor shot back to his dad.

As they exited the shop and crossed the street again to head to the party, Grace couldn't help but to do a little victory skip. She had gotten the candy she had hoped for, got to enjoy some Halloween decorations and got to meet two nice people in the process. It was clearly a win in her book.

"Now... Fossil? Really?" Jack argued as they reached the other side of the street. He hadn't even stopped on their way and had still managed to stuff most of the snickers in his pockets while opening one of the bars.

"Shut up and eat your snickers." Grace countered, laughing wholeheartedly as they walked on.
Aluel Deng (played by Samiakki)

Being honest, Aluel didn't celebrate Halloween as a concept. It was amusing as a gimmick to go guising and gather sweets for little ones - in this case, a sick little one - but otherwise, she didn't observe it very closely. Perhaps she would watch a scary movie or two. Maybe carve a turnip. Those stickers at the corner store looked cute, and they were only a dollar, too. . .

Alright, she celebrated Halloween a little bit.

Her kitten heels clicked as she came up to the garage, tucked a grocery bag over her billowing sleeve as she entered. She donned a simple red-and-black dress inspired by a vampire, complete with a bat-shaped patch concealing her right eye socket. Fake red flowers rested atop her braided bun neatly, happy to say she did it herself.

Looking over the two costumed men, she raised a hand in greeting.

"Trick-or-treat," she said, R's rolling in her native accent. "Say, do you have things without peanuts? Or- actually, I will take them. I love peanuts. I will just, uh, keep it in a separate bag."
ByO565h.png

"Trick-or-treat," she said, R's rolling in her native accent. "Say, do you have things without peanuts? Or- actually, I will take them. I love peanuts. I will just, uh, keep it in a separate bag."

"Greetings! Happy Halloween," The older man said when Aluel entered the lobby. "Um, yes! We have both kinds. Snickers, Reese's, and Mr. Goodbar have peanuts, but we also have Twix, Nestle's Crunch, Hersey's, and Mounds that do not... if you like coconut."

Joe separated the chocolate bars into piles according to whether or not they contained peanuts. "There ya go," he said gesturing to the piles. "You can take one or both piles."
Tina Ryan (played anonymously)

Tina was supposed to go to a Halloween party in the university district, but she managed to get on the wrong bus. Unsure where she was, she got off the buss to try and figure out where she was. Now she was dressed up as a black cat so she felt a bit weird. She saw a place all decorated in Halloween and could hear some music coming from the place, so she walked up to the door and smiled really big "Trick-or-treat! she called out, hoping she could ask directions if anything.

An older man wearing a Dracula costume looked up. "Oh hello there," He said. "Happy Halloween!"

A younger man dressed as Frankenstein came from the back with a bag of candy and replenished the bowl. The spooky soundtrack playing from the boombox on the counter was currently playing a spooky organ track, but as the organ faded out, there were several crashes of thunder and the shrieking of bats. It also sounded like the wind howling.

Joe readied some candy for the black cat that had entered the lobby.

Unfamiliar with American candy that she was, Aluel couldn't help but make a conflicted face as she peered at the candies. She was South Sudanese, so she was fairly accustomed to peanuts in her diet. Peanut butter was even used in soups and stews in her food culture. Unfortunately, looking for foods for someone with a peanut allergy was quite a challenge. Especially if they're sick.

She picked at her lip nervously for a moment before grabbing a modest amount of Mr. Goodbar's. The few were tucked into her grocery bag before she looked to the men.

"Thank you so much! I, uh." She scratched behind her ear. "I'm getting sweeties for my friend's nephew. He just had his appendix removed. He also has a peanut allergy, so he is sensitive to chocolates that have been around peanuts in the same-"

She squinted for a moment until her eye closed, brow furrowing as she thought of the word.

"Facility. I think that's the word." With that, she offered a cordial grin. "But I thank you so much for separating them for me. It is very kind of you."

She didn't want to seem ungrateful for their efforts, even if she didn't take that much candy. But she couldn't be too cautious and make the poor boy even sicker. Thus, she followed her friend's instructions to a T.

"If you know anywhere that has something like fruit treats or tiny toys anything like that, I would really appreciate it. I love your costumes, by the way. May I. . . ?"

She started withdrawing something from her little bat bag, which eventually turned out to be a chunky Polaroid camera. She held it up in a free hand with both brows raised.

"So that I can show my friend's nephew. If you do not mind, of course."
aCxS5eT.png
Trevor Scott (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

Even before she said it aloud, Trevor realized the issue was an allergy to peanuts. The bags came pre-mixed and Trevor had picked up a few of each for the evening. "Oh yeah, I'm really sorry about that," Trevor apologized. He glanced at his dad. "That's the first time it's come up actually."

"If you know anywhere that has something like fruit treats or tiny toys or anything like that, I would really appreciate it. I love your costumes, by the way. May I. . . ?"

"The shopping center behind us is giving out candy and trick-or-treat stuff. They might have some non-peanut candy or toys," The older man dressed as Dracula offered.

When she produced the Polaroid, Joe threw his arm around his son and pulled him closer. "Of course, go right ahead," Joe replied.

"Yeah, sure thing," Trevor added as he posed for the picture. "That's a cool idea getting pictures of everyone you encounter."

"Well, I hate your friend's nephew missed Halloween, but that's nice of you to go in his place and gather candy for him and get pictures of everyone," Joe said. "I hope he gets better soon! Happy Halloween!"

"Oh! I've got a few from there, thank you." Aluel held up the bag. "Don't worry, I have not been empty-handed. Christian will have a nice pile by Halloween's end when he is discharged."

When Joe and Trevor posed together, Aluel held the camera up to her face.

"Say 'vampire teeth'!"

Americans said 'cheese', but it was Halloween and that was boring. Her finger pressed on the camera's button with a click and a quick flash was emitted. When the photo was expelled from the camera, she quickly took it and started fanning it in the air.

"Ah, it is the least I can do for a friend's family. Thank you for the candy and the picture! I will send him your well wishes, too. I am sure he will appreciate it."

With that, she balanced the bags on her arm, still gripping the photo as she made to put it back inside the bat-bag.

"Have a happy Halloween," she wished them, making her preparations to head out for the night. If she was not stopped, that was how she departed, heels clicking on her way out until the sound faded into nothing.
1QuCCbE.png
Tina Ryan (played anonymously)

Joe Scott wrote:
Joe readied some candy for the black cat that had entered the lobby.

"Oh thank you!" Tina said as she could see the guy was busy. She took what was offered and waved as she left.
(OOC - Sorry I didn't get back to this)

"There you go, happy Halloween," Trevor said.

"Stay safe," His father added.

It was getting late and it looked like the trick-or-treaters over in the nearby strip mall were starting to dwindle.

"That's a wrap," Joe said to his son. He closed and locked the door after checking to make sure no one else was coming. Trevor turned off the cassette.

"We can leave the decorations up and get those in the morning," Joe said.

Trevor nodded.

"Okay, heading home. Good Halloween. Night, pop," Trevor said grabbing the remaining candy and heading for his car.

"Hey, where do you think you're going with all of that," Joe asked.

"Can't let it go to waste," Trevor replied quickly. He left a small pile for his dad and headed out to his green Chevy Impala. Maybe Starla and the others were still at Gary's.

OOC: No worries! That should be everyone. Thanks to all those that stopped by!

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick-or-Treat: Joe's Haunted Garage (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus