Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Some Digimon Prompts (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Spectremon (played by Riik)

iOTBgRl.png

Existing in parallel to the material world, the Digital World is a vibrant place where data takes the role of atoms. Inhabited by wondrous creatures and unique ecosystems - often echoing the physical world in manners that seemingly make no sense - it is a place of many oddities, dangers and novelties. On rare occasion, there comes a thinning of the boundaries between worlds. And inevitably, something - or many somethings - from one side find themselves thrust upon the other. Such an event heralds the coming of chaos... but also the appearance of heroes to set things right again...

READ FIRST:

Players aged 16+ are required. This is a personal preference due to the age gap there would otherwise be.

This is a multi-paragraph RP. If you feel you can't maintain a pace of about 2 paragraphs average per post, this might not be for you. Also, expect long posts from me early on - don't feel obligated to keep up with them and don't expect them to persist throughout; it'd be mostly due to me setting the scene.

For the following prompts, I intend to use my Digimon OC Spectremon. Limits on what type of character I'm looking for are dependent on the specific prompt. If you have ideas of your own that are not listed here that you want to discuss instead, I am open to it. All of this prompts are set in a custom Digimon-based setting and share no canonicity with any existing Digimon continuities. The mechanics of the setting with vary from prompt to prompt. Whilst these prompts by default are made for playing one character each, I am open to discussion to ideas revolving around either player playing multiple characters instead.

Adventure

Your character stumbles upon a rift between worlds that pulls them into an entirely different reality. Waking up in the Digital World, they are confronted with a strange creature that insists on being their partner. A destiny awaits the duo as a futile quest to find a way home turns into an adventure to save both worlds from catastrophe!

Looking for: Any human. Must be capable of making executive decisions (even if they're not necessarily good ones). Your character's role in combat will likely be mostly battle co-ordination and tactics.

Similar to: Digimon Adventure

Mystery

Your character one day finds a creature calling itself a Digimon awaiting them at their home. At first, this unusual being seems like some sort of bizarre and disruptive intelligent pet, until other Digimon start appearing, causing trouble in your character's home town. With the use of their partner digimon, your character is all that stands in the way of destruction via dark invasive forces. The duo must work together to save the town - and the world.

Looking for: Any human. Must be capable of making executive decisions (even if they're not necessarily good ones). Some sort of affinity for detective skills might also be helpful. Your character's role in combat will likely be mostly battle co-ordination and tactics. Your character will also serve as a caretaker of sorts for Spectremon. Diplomacy will likely be possible (and preferable) with some of the foes in this scenario, so a personable character might also work well.

Similar to: Digimon Ghost Game, Digimon Tamers

Heroism

Two kids are pulled abruptly into the Digital World, waking up in new bodies with strange innate abilities. To get back home, they must face many dangers; but there is no guarantee that the means of return and means of reverting to their original human forms are one in the same. And beyond it all, a threat must be faced to ensure that there is even a home to go back to.

Looking for: Any human child character aged 9-14. As part of the RP, your character will be transformed into a digimon (none of this needs to be reflected in their character profile). This digimon must be in its 'rookie' stage ('child' in the original Japanese). You may use an existing digimon or make up a new one; but keep in mind that should the RP go on for long enough, digivolutions will occur, so any original creation must take that into account (you can make up a full line of digimon or your made-up digimon can digivolve into an official digimon). Keep in mind that much like partner digimon in the series, your character will eventually revert back to rookie form once sufficient energy is expended, so pick something you're happy with using throughout the RP. Doesn't matter if you pick an official digimon without a full digivolution line, as there's plenty of room to improvise one up.

A humanoid-ish digimon not far off Spectremon's proportions would work best. Examples of official digimon that I recommend would be (this is not an exhaustive list): Dracumon, Flamon, Impmon, Jellymon, Pulsemon, Renamon.

Note 1: If a Digimon you want to use doesn't have a very large moveset, you can make up additions to flesh it out. Also, certain abilities that wouldn't work for a hero character can just be ignored.

Note 2: If you have your sights set on a fitting champion or higher level digimon that would look the part (such as Aegiomon or Wizarmon) and want to play them as a rookie stage digimon (with a tweaked digivolution line to compensate), that would also be acceptable.

Similar to: Digimon Frontier
Magic 100%
Mundane? What's that? Magic permeates every part of the setting. Almost everyone has access to strong magic.
Technology 60%
Near future, perhaps cloning and genetic manipulation
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 00%
No romance at all will be included in this plot, period.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Some Digimon Prompts (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus