Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Enemy within A Sequel to "Covenant Earth War"

John-117 (played anonymously)

John shrugged it off, the fours years he had been gone and it seemed like a nightmare and all he could say was " I was asleep, she kept watch of what was left of the ship" he the looked at Cortanas chip "she has had my back for a long time"
Captain Cutter (played by Chris_Pike) Topic Starter

Jessica changed posture and looked at John "You talking in past tense John... Did something happen to Cortana?" She asked sounding worried

John couldn't help but stare at the darkened chip, it wasn't lighting up as it should but he stared at it as if there was still something inside "I'm not sure" he said gripping the chip tightly in his hand

Jessica sighed and looked at the ground "Im so sorry John..." She kicked the ground, then thought about something "well why don't you come in and say hello to some old friends! Im sure they will want to see you" She said trying to lighten the mood

John put the chip away and held up an index finger "one moment" he said popping his leg back into place moving it around to make sure it was moving as it should and began walking behind Jessica

Jessica smiled and walked in as they did the marines looked in awe and started saying things like "That's the Chief!" "I thought he was KIA!" "That's the chief alright!" Douglas looked in awe as well, Jun had his helmet off and smirked "That's a months pay you owe me" He said elbowing Douglas "Good to see you John" he said holding out a hand to shake

John looked at everyone in the room, having partial flashbacks he remembered the modeling of the firebase and began heading towards the storage area taking Cortana's old chip out and setting it down somewhere

soon an AI stood next to Cortana's AI chip, It was about the size cortana would be if she was in the chip, It was the A.I Serena, Or rather, A new AI of Serena as the old one died off. But this AI had all the memories of the old one "I see your having trouble with your AI Construct" She said walking around the chip " Tell me John, What exactly happened?"

Chief sat down looking at the chip "She's gone, went rampant and just left" he said knowing that was all he could say about what did happen

Serena looked at the chip "Your sure all of her left?" She asked looking at the chip

John shook his head "I'm not too sure, I'll admit I'm not sure what to do without her guiding me" he said sitting back in his chair letting what's left of the gel locked armor loosen up

She looked at the Chip and then went inside it, she then came out holding some sort of small blue cloud "I believe I have found something" She said looking at it "Looks like your AI left something behind, Too big to be a 'good bye' message" She said viewing "mind if I examine it?"

John nodded "Go ahead" he said rolling his shoulders

The AI Soon disappeared and a few minutes later Jessica walked in and sat next to John, she put a hand on his shoulder "hay... You ok? you just came down without saying hello... something bugging you?"

John shook his head "no, I'm fine, just need time to adjust" he was partially lying but his it under his expressionless tone and got to his feet

Jessica gave a half smile under her helm, Then an ODST ran in, He had standard ODST armor but with red stripes, Meaning he was a Leader of ODSTs "Chief sir, Jessica Sir, We are getting strange readings... Ones that don't match...But Serena insists that Chief knows these readings" The ODST handed Chief a data pad, Those readings were Prometheans! How did they get here?

John looked at the data pad, then grabbed the assault rifle from his back and started rushing out towards the front entrance "Get all available units outside, NOW!" he said running as fast as he could

The ODST nodded and ran out while taking out his Magnum, Jessica took out her SMGs and ran outside to see crawlers finishing off the last of the marines that were originally guarding the outside part of the base, Jessica started shooting two at a time, Then jumped on ones back and ripped its jaw in half "What are these things John?" Jun asked running out to help Jessica along with Douglas and some ODSTs

John didn't answer Jessica and instead began unloading upon a crawler, as soon as it dissipated he reloaded "These things are crawlers if I remember, lessors to the Prometheans" he said aiming at another and shooting it

Jessica turned to John "So there are more of these things!?" She said then jumped on the head of another crawler, Jun and Douglas began picking off more Crawlers till there were no more. Douglas kicked some of the parts around "So... First we were fighting Humans, Then Aliens, Then Zombies and now we are fighting cyborgs... I think we might have seen it all" Douglas joked. Jessica smirked "Ya, Whats next? God like be-" She was cut off as a Promethean Knight grabbed Jessica and put a sword to her neck, It seemed as if it was holding Jessica hostage... But why? The Knight turned to John and its mask opened up, Then spoke in a ghostly deep voice "WERE IS THE AI CHIP!?!"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Enemy within A Sequel to "Covenant Earth War"

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus