Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA-I'm a fan of GOT & House of the Dragon

I first started watching Game of Thrones a couple of years ago. I recently started watching House of the Dragon. I absolutely LOVE both tv shows, but I haven't read any of the books yet.
Auberon Moderator

I never watched GoT or read the books, but a friend of mine who makes animated gifs of her favorite shows got me into HotD. WOW the costume work is just incredible and the cinematography is so top notch.

Who is your favorite HotD character? (Mine is def Rhaenys. Forever my Queen. ;o; )

Who do you think should get the iron throne? I guess you know what happens if you watched GoT, but just based on this show so far... which side are you rooting for? I am honestly not sure Rhaenyra is fit to rule, BUT I feel that Aegon definitely is not. (just give it to Rhaenys please....house Velaryon is the best house....)
KatieBug97 Topic Starter

i agree. my favorite HotD characters are Daemon & Rhaenyra. honestly, i feel like Daemon should be on the Iron Throne.

Auberon wrote:
I never watched GoT or read the books, but a friend of mine who makes animated gifs of her favorite shows got me into HotD. WOW the costume work is just incredible and the cinematography is so top notch.

Who is your favorite HotD character? (Mine is def Rhaenys. Forever my Queen. ;o; )

Who do you think should get the iron throne? I guess you know what happens if you watched GoT, but just based on this show so far... which side are you rooting for? I am honestly not sure Rhaenyra is fit to rule, BUT I feel that Aegon definitely is not. (just give it to Rhaenys please....house Velaryon is the best house....)
Sanne Moderator

What about the show makes it so appealing to you? Like any specific themes or creatures that exist?
Claine Moderator

I've read all (or most) the books (even Fire and Blood and the Tales of Dunk and Egg short novels), but I don't watch a lot of TV in general so I've never watched the series! So I'm kind of in the opposite boat to you :D

A lot of people were kind of soured by the ending of GoT. Do you think that HotD is worth watching even if people felt let down?

(I'm also curious how the ending of GoT will differ in the books vs the TV series, but I guess only time will tell in that regards)
KatieBug97 Topic Starter

I absolutely LOVE the dragons. But the MAIN thing that makes it so appealing to me is the fact that it's Medieval, & I'm absolutely OBSSESSED with the Medieval Renaissance time period.
Sanne wrote:
What about the show makes it so appealing to you? Like any specific themes or creatures that exist?
KatieBug97 Topic Starter

I wholeheartedly believe that HotD is most definitely worth watching even if people felt let down. I wasn't necessarily soured by the ending of GoT, however I feel the ending to GoT was very confusing as well as a cliff hanger because we didn't get to see if Bran located Drogon after he carried Daenarys' body away after Jon Snow killed her in the series finale of GoT.
Claine wrote:
I've read all (or most) the books (even Fire and Blood and the Tales of Dunk and Egg short novels), but I don't watch a lot of TV in general so I've never watched the series! So I'm kind of in the opposite boat to you :D

A lot of people were kind of soured by the ending of GoT. Do you think that HotD is worth watching even if people felt let down?

(I'm also curious how the ending of GoT will differ in the books vs the TV series, but I guess only time will tell in that regards)
Kim Site Admin

Do you plan to read the books, or is that just not your jam? :)
KatieBug97 Topic Starter

i plan to read the books when I can buy them. lol
Kim wrote:
Do you plan to read the books, or is that just not your jam? :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA-I'm a fan of GOT & House of the Dragon

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus