Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: I'm writing my own book!

Feel free to ask me about Once in a Blue Moon by Audrey A. Taylor (my pseudonym), a WIP Y/A novel!

Synopsis:
Lyra Hendrix has just turned 16 and is having a fantastic time. Her entire world is turned upside-down when she discovers she is half-mermaid. She rushes away to meet her mother with Abigail, her best friend who has a stunning ability, and Gloria, a mermaid she meets in the local forbidden lagoon. But she must keep her head down when she leaves her community, for halflings like her are outlawed, and if they are detected, they will be executed. Will Lyra be able to see her mother while on the run from the authorities? Or will she be apprehended and subjected to the empress of mer's wrath?
*inhales dramatically*
HOW DO YOU HAVE THE MOTIVATION TO DO THIS?!
(share some please- /hj)
anitaberry Topic Starter

VarianOfOldCorona wrote:
*inhales dramatically*
(share some please- /hj)

I have the same passion of the plot for my book as I do for my ocs. I've been writing since September 2020 lolol

Also I just want to put my plot into words so BADLY because I have a lot of lore that I keep writing

But I have been stuck on Chapter 24 for more than half a year now unfortunately
Anony-mouse (played anonymously)

I am currently writing one of my fondest characters into her own story just because I've fallen in love with her so much. One of the stupidest things I'm stuck on is figuring out a pseudonym, though I'm still really, really early into the writing process. How'd you come up with yours?
anitaberry Topic Starter

Anony-mouse wrote:
I am currently writing one of my fondest characters into her own story just because I've fallen in love with her so much. One of the stupidest things I'm stuck on is figuring out a pseudonym, though I'm still really, really early into the writing process. How'd you come up with yours?

So I had someone help me with mine. My name is in Spanish, which, unfortunately, can deter some readers, so I wanted an alias. I reached out to someone and they helped me come up with it. I used one of my initials (my first initial )as my middle initial and I googled the name, and there was no "Audrey A. Taylor" in sight. Also look up names, surnames and first names and name meanings and find a surname and first name meaning you vibe with. Or just find a name you like! I also created a persona for my pseudonym and she's now my main persona! So...treat your pseudonym like an oc or persona, too, if that works.

Remember, don't think too much about it too early on. I didn't come up with my pseudonym until a year after I started writing OBM.
Kim Site Admin

Are you participating in NANOWRIMO? :)
anitaberry Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Are you participating in NANOWRIMO? :)

As best as I can....
Grr. Vee already asked you the question I was going to ask. *LOL*

Mmmmkay. So, first of all. Rumiko, its nice to meet you. I'm Knight. ^_^

Second. A question. How did you come to decide what kind of book you wanted to write when you could literally write anything you wanted?
anitaberry Topic Starter

Ultra-Knight wrote:
Grr. Vee already asked you the question I was going to ask. *LOL*

Mmmmkay. So, first of all. Rumiko, its nice to meet you. I'm Knight. ^_^

Second. A question. How did you come to decide what kind of book you wanted to write when you could literally write anything you wanted?

Oh ho, it was by chance. Literally I just randomly came up with the idea
Rumiko wrote:
VarianOfOldCorona wrote:
*inhales dramatically*
(share some please- /hj)

I have the same passion of the plot for my book as I do for my ocs. I've been writing since September 2020 lolol

Also I just want to put my plot into words so BADLY because I have a lot of lore that I keep writing

That's so cool that you've been writing since September 2020.
I've been writing since early 2020, and been writing fanfictions (that wasn't grammar trash) since mid-2019. :)

I usually write fanfictions nowadays though.
AND I GET THE LORE THING, I DO THAT TOO!
anitaberry Topic Starter

VarianOfOldCorona wrote:
Rumiko wrote:
VarianOfOldCorona wrote:
*inhales dramatically*
(share some please- /hj)

That's so cool that you've been writing since September 2020.
I've been writing since early 2020, and been writing fanfictions (that wasn't grammar trash) since mid-2019. :)

I usually write fanfictions nowadays though.
AND I GET THE LORE THING, I DO THAT TOO!

:)
Kim Site Admin

What do you plan to do with your book when you've finished writing it? :)
anitaberry Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
What do you plan to do with your book when you've finished writing it? :)

Maybe publish it and get an actual editor

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: I'm writing my own book!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus