Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » 1x1 | Low-fantasy, medieval setting plots (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Hello everyone!

Do note I am 17; if that makes you uncomfortable, then no need to read the rest of this post.

Recently I've had the urge to write in a roughly "medieval" setting, but not necessarily in any specific time (nor based exclusively on European cultures, either). I also want to implement some magic and fantasy elements, but without them being typical traits of the setting. In other words, I want the fantastical elements to be scarce and almost mythical - but still real. Magic should be extraordinary and, well, magical, not another Tuesday night.

As a result this prompt will require some worldbuilding, which I am fine with doing. I have a few rough ideas I can work on.

I have two different ideas for a plot.

I. Plague
Plague is upon the people. Sickness pervades even through stone walls and blockades. Even the nobility and royalty themselves are not safe from illness. Already, the young prince has fallen; a bad omen.

It was once prophesied that such mass sickness would be the end of the kingdom, and soon, the world. But there was one hope: two souls, intertwined, would awaken from their sickness, alive and with fire in their hearts. This fire, it is foretold, would light the way to their salvation. A journey to something ancient, forgotten, something which has brought its wrath upon this world...

---

In this plot, our characters would awaken together in a cart of plague victims. They may or may not remember their past life well, but the important part is that they hear of this prophecy and find themselves thrust into it. While the characters are technically "soulmates", this doesn't mean their relationship must be romantic (simply that they have a magical bond which benefits them greatly). Essentially, a classic, catastrophic end-of-the-world plot, lol.

II. Lost and Found
The Queen has many enemies: assassins, treasonous guards, angry commoners, political rivals. All of these her loyal Spymaster keeps an eye on. The Spymaster had foregone personal attachments long ago - too much work for so much pain, when they'd have to let go in the end.

They'd thought such things were beyond them - until an old friend turns up in their own prisons. As a political prisoner, no less: the leader of the rebel movement threatening their queen.

At first there's no issue, until old memories and feelings start resurfacing. Now the Spymaster is on shaky ground, and they're not sure if they can go through with the "removal" of their newest prisoner. The prisoner, on the other hand, is content with using this weakness to their advantage, until they fear they have the same weakness themself.

---

Either of us can play either role. The premise is pretty simple; they used to be close friends (or potentially lovers), and coincidentally end up on completely opposite sides of a conflict. Some unfinished business in their history would help explain the Spymaster's reluctancy and questioning upon the imprisonment of their former friend/lover/what-have-you.

If you have plots or ideas of your own, you're welcome to share them; it's not necessary to do one of mine.

Not actual plots, but dynamics I'd like to try:
- Person with natural magical ability meeting someone who wholeheartedly believes magic does not exist
- Two knights of different houses/families/kingdoms in a rivalry with one another
- Found family
- Forbidden romance

Some information about me as a roleplayer:

Post Length: 2 - 6 paragraphs. I may write more if the scene calls for it. I do adjust to my partner's post length; but anything beyond 8 paragraphs on average and I likely won't be able to.

Pairings: I do platonic and romantic pairings. For romance, I will do pairings of any gender, as long as I am able to play a male or non-binary character.

Preferred platforms: This site, e-mail, a forum in general, Discord* (for OOC discussion only).

*I don't like Discord only when writing/roleplaying for a variety of reasons, but in short: I find it inconvenient. That said, if it's really your preference, we can still roleplay on it.
Magic 30%
Some magic. Few can use it, but most of the players probably won't have it. Magical characters will likely believe that they are all alone.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Damien (played by sarcasyms)

heya! these plot ideas are really interesting! i quite like the plague prompt. i'm hoping to use this ^^ character, because i think their personality would be fun in a fantasy setting instead of their usual mystery/horror :)
I'm interested!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » 1x1 | Low-fantasy, medieval setting plots (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus