Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Homebrew Species I am making

The idea is a homebrew species of mine. They are closely related to humans but with monkey tails; the thing is I am trying to make different them than humans but enough to not call them rip-off Saiyans (Dragon Ball).
You could also make them physically stronger than the average human. Not superhumanly so, but more in line with a Gorilla's strength. ^_^
Jaws Topic Starter

Ultra-Knight wrote:
You could also make them physically stronger than the average human. Not superhumanly so, but more in line with a Gorilla's strength. ^_^

That sounds good since gorilla share 98% DNA with human, I think.
And some are born hairy while others aren't. The men have Neanderthal features, but women don't.
Jaws Topic Starter

Ultra-Knight wrote:
And some are born hairy while others aren't. The men have Neanderthal features, but women don't.

These sound amazing, I got to get you credit for all this help. I wonder what hybrid with a human look like lol.
Probably a 50% chance to inherit one or more aspects of the species. Hehe

And your welcome, Astro! ^_^
Jaws Topic Starter

Luckily the internet provides random generators lol
Indeed it does.

Now, are you thinking of giving the species magical abilities, super powers, psychic abilities, etc? 'Cause I can help with that too.

Or is this enough to go on?
I wouldn't worry about making them rip-off Saiyans because they have some very specific cultural and biological aspects. They're pretty specifically a prideful warrior race formally apart of a galactic empire turned slave race. Also the fact that every time a Saiyans is nearly killed they gain a significant boost to their power, and the ability to turn into the great ape Oozaru.

As long as you don't give them the same history, directly the same powers, or the same racial abilities than it's fine.

Personally I think you could even make them some kind of weregorilla without it being a ripoff because, although the great ape oozaru does exist, the oozaru is also like 100 feet tall with the power to shoot lasers and I don't think anyone is calling oozaru a king kong rip off.

But for your consideration, weregorilla. Maybe there could be different tribes who become different kinds of gorillas. Maybe even some original gorillas.
Jaws Topic Starter

Other than my version of ki, they really don't have much magical abilities from humans. Maybe enhanced smell and taste?
Astrobeans wrote:
Other than my version of ki, they really don't have much magical abilities from humans. Maybe enhanced smell and taste?

That makes perfect sense. ;)
Jaws Topic Starter

I have a idea of making hybrids without a tail have a tail stump.
Astrobeans wrote:
I have a idea of making hybrids without a tail have a tail stump.

And the unlucky 1% do have a full tail. Nice a bushy. *LOL*

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Homebrew Species I am making

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus