Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Where can i buy vintage items?

Probably none to little people will reply to this but i love vintage stuff fully with my heart. I currently own 4 porcelain dolls, a vintage tea set and a few more vintage cups, but i have a hard time finding websites where people sell vintage items that aren’t overpriced or that the online shipping cost is alot.

Though i prefer not going to second hand shops since those are far away from where i live and im too socially awkward to go into there.
Do you have any local flea markets? Sometimes those have stuff or is anyone advertising estate sales in your area? Unfortunately those type of places you would have to go into.

If you want to do it all online then there are likely shipping fees. Have you tried maybe Facebook market place for your area?
Kaiortea Topic Starter

iKamairi wrote:
Do you have any local flea markets? Sometimes those have stuff or is anyone advertising estate sales in your area? Unfortunately those type of places you would have to go into.

If you want to do it all online then there are likely shipping fees. Have you tried maybe Facebook market place for your area?

Thank you! But no here where i live in Europe estate sales isn’t a thing. I used to go to flea markets close by when they were hosted, only now after corona happened. Im not sure if that still happen around where i live. But i havent thought about facebook market place so thank you! I will try looking on there then.
Have you tried SHEIN? They are really cheap!
They have a lot of various items, clothes, stationary, etc that mimics the vintage style among other styles!

That's where I get my victorian-era looking clothes and cool stickers. :)
Kaiortea Topic Starter

VarianOfOldCorona wrote:
Have you tried SHEIN? They are really cheap!
They have a lot of various items, clothes, stationary, etc that mimics the vintage style among other styles!

That's where I get my victorian-era looking clothes and cool stickers. :)

Ive heard about it but personally i prefer quality over quantity since i want to wear my clothes, or have items that wouldn’t break fast, with tea cups and porcelain dolls that is definitely a different story though.

Still thank you for recommending it to me but another reason why I prefer not to buy from shein is because it has unsafe quantities of lead so I wouldn’t want to poison my cats. I do understand though that sometimes shein is the only option. i also shop at fast fashion places since everything is so expensive these days.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Where can i buy vintage items?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus