Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Casting Development (Feb 2023)

1. LIST YOUR CHARACTERS 1-10
    <> do not read ahead before you do this!
    <> not enough characters? fill in the gaps with fan faves or background cast!
    <> no OCs? fandom characters work fine too. :)
2. DO NOT CHANGE THE LIST
    <> pick carefully if you don't want too much genre clash.
    <> strict adherence to the numbers/character order is the crux of the challenge!
    <> post the list at the start of your first reply, to keep track. :D
3. ANSWER THE PROMPTS WITH THE CHARACTERS CORRELATING TO THE NUMBERS PROVIDED ~
    <> skip the prompts that are too shippy or clash too hard to reasonably write, rather than change your list.
    <> alternative prompts will be provided for genre adjustments and clash fixes.
4. NO WORD LIMIT, BUT PLEASE POST WRITING AND ART UNDER COLLAPSE TAGS.
    <> stick to the RPR's public forum rules, and tag for content if necessary.
5. CAN POST PROMPT FILLS TO YOUR CHARACTER PAGES OR OTHER SUITABLE PLACES IF NOT RATED PG-13-ISH.
    <> the point is to generate writing or art exercises to develop your characters through unfamiliar role casting, none of which you are obligated to share. (but we would like to see it). <3

PROMPTS FEBRUARY
choose one (or more)

Tophat Sitting Upside Down With a Handful of Prompts to Choose From
1A: All Even Numbers (2, 4, 6, 8, 10) are Now Supervillains. All Odd Numbers (1, 3, 5, 7, 9) are the Rival Heroes.

1B: Characters 1-5 (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) Have Been Sent to a HIGH FANTASY UNIVERSE, and Have Been Translated Thus!

1C: Characters 6-10 (6, 7, 8, 9, 10) Have Been Sent to a SCIENCE FICTION UNIVERSE, and Have Been Translated Thus!

1D: Character 2 is the AGED LEADER of a prehistoric clan running a wooly mammoth and furry rhino ranch. Character 4 is set to inherit the role, but character 6 is better at handling the megafauna in the megafauna corral. Character 8 is a megafauna rustler, a thief and bandito who joined the ranch only to plan a heist. Together they must all face Character 10, leader of an invading bandito gang, who is after the mammoths and furry rhinos and giant sloths in order to feed their RAVENOUS HERD OF CARNIVORE DINOS.

2A: Characters 1 and 10 swap outfits.

2B: Characters 2 and 5 swap genders.

2C: Characters 3 and 6 were set up on a blind date.

2D: Characters 4 and 7 have to survive an apocalyptic wasteland. Characters 8 and 9 are the cannibal villains that are hunting them.

3: Character 1 is the aged monarch of a nation. Character 3 is set to inherit the role. But Character 5 is better at the politics and seeks to usurp the throne. Character 7 is a rival nation's spy there to plan to steal a magical macguffin or priceless artifact, and character 9 is the armored captain of the guard always caught between all of these conflicts, just trying to do their job and stay alive.
oven Topic Starter

PROMPTS MASTERPOST

(none archived yet)
Luscinioide

oh my god these are hilarious. i'm so coming back to do this when i have the time to line everyone up and put them through a random number generator. either we will all be graced with my terrible art shitposts or i'll write the worst crack story to ever exist

....someone totally needs to do a valentine's day edition of this. catastrophic crack ships left and right. that someone will probably end up being me if nobody else gets to it first

for future reference this is the list that we're working with. god ####ing help all of us
BpkvsJp.png
oven Topic Starter

Luscinioide:

EHEHEHE DO IT

i usually do the shipper prompts for writing, the more costume-enabled prompts for drawing (dress your characters up in video game and anime cosplay, it's fun) >D
I legit died laughing at 1D.. like I have NO EARTHLY clue how to even approach that prompt, but I'll commit to doing at least one later looll

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Casting Development (Feb 2023)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus