Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Meet Cute: A Meeting of Two Mothers (Closed)

Shinoa Bradford (played by BloodLightning74) Topic Starter

"And I'm not even sure what was worse between the two of them." She chuckled.

When she saw the smile on Esmeralda fade, Shinoa could not help but think she struck a nerve with her last sentence. Even more so when the other woman said that she had been homeless while pregnant. Truth be told that the same easily could have happened to Shinoa herself given how things had gone with her Mother. From when her Mother finding the positive pregnancy test in her trashcan to the arguments that followed as the pregnancy had progressed, with the last straw being the blow up that her Mother had as soon as she announced that she was expecting twins. That night, she was sent packing and her Father had been able to get her a hotel to stay at before getting her on a flight. "Nonetheless, I'm glad you got the helping hand when you needed it. We can't say the same for a lot of people around us though." With the offer to figure out names, Shinoa only smiled, then looked down at her belly. "It's alright. I'm not in too much of a rush to find names. Especially with how stubborn they're being about staying in my tummy. Isn't that right, lovelies?" She mused.
Esmeralda Wilkins (played by Gab)

Esmeralda nodded in agreement when Shinoa mentioned not a lot of people around them could get the help they need with pregnancy. "I've been thinking of donating some of the proceeds from my book to a charity that supports people who need the resources when it gets released, but at the same time, I need the money too." she sighed, though a determined smile crossed her face. "Still, I'm sure I'll figure something out. I don't want to just leave behind people who may be in the same position I was."

That smile softened when Shinoa mentioned not being in a rush to find names. "Well, I wish you luck in finding the perfect names for them. I think I'd waited until Aiden came out to think of a name for him." she spoke with a soft laugh. Aiden let out a soft giggle at the sound of his name.

At the mention of donating to charity, Shinoa smiled, even more so upon learning that Esmeralda was a writer and currently working on a book. Overall she had a kind heart and a wonderful Mom. Shinoa hoped that she could be a good mother as well to her twins when they would finally arrive. "Well, I'd say give it some time, see how sales go first and then start figuring out donations? Because you can't help others when you're having trouble yourself." Shinoa pointed out.

When Aiden let out of a soft giggle, the expectant mother looked down at the happy baby. Come to think of it, Shinoa didn't entirely think she could come up with a name on the fly, while also in pain during labor and delivery. "Thanks, I'll probably need it, since I have to come up with two." She said as she began rubbing her belly.

Esmeralda nodded in agreement when Shinoa said she should give it some time to see how sales went before setting up donations. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I'm really hoping this book takes off, though I'd still be happy if I get just even one reader who likes it. If anything, I can read it to Aiden as a bedtime story since it's for kids." she spoke, gently tickling Aiden's feet, causing him to giggle even more.

She let out a soft laugh at what Shinoa had said next. "Well, in any case, I hope the delivery goes well for you and them whenever they decide to come out."

"Yeah, I hope so too." Shinoa replied when Esmeralda hoped for the best on her delivery.

Truthfully, Shinoa was terrified of the big day to come. Though given the healthy pregnancy thus far, she had no real reason to be worrying about a caesarean section or any major complications that may arise during delivery, or even during labor. Taking a deep breath, she glimpsed at her watch before looking towards the lake and then the sun. Maybe just a little while longer, and then she'd go wait for the bus to go home. "Mmmm, how much longer you have till the book is done?" She asked, curious.

Esmeralda thought for a few moments before answering. "Hopefully not too much longer. I should have what will hopefully be the final transcript sent to my editor by the end of this week, then it's just a matter of actually getting the book published and out in the world. I'm aiming to have it out by next month." As she spoke, her eyes practically sparkled with a mixture of pride, excitement, and a bit of fear.

As they spoke, Aiden seemed to have fallen asleep. Esmeralda smiled softly at him. "Out like a light.... he always looks so peaceful when he sleeps."

"Looks like you're well on your way. I wish you only success for when you officially release the book." She replied. "It'll be a long road ahead, but you're ready for it, I'm sure. One way or another."

She then looked down at Aiden, who by this time had fallen asleep. Little guy must have used up all his energy now that he got some fresh air and a chance to get out of the house. "He probably just needed some fresh air and to expend energy. Hopefully he'll be more of a happy camper when you guys go home." Shinoa then looked down at her belly when she felt kicking. "Well, I hope I can say the same for them. They've been kicking quite a bit over the last couple of days."

Esmeralda smiled brightly in response to Shinoa saying she wished her the best of luck when she released the book she had been writing. "Thanks. I'm looking forwards to getting it done. Having to balance having a kid, writing, and college classes is...tiring."

Though, she soon nodded in agreement when Shinoa mentioned Aiden probably being more happy once they got home now that he had gotten some fresh air. She let out a soft laugh in response to what Shinoa said next. "Well, maybe all that kicking means they'll be ready to come out soon. I know Aiden was pretty active right before I had him."

With Aiden having fallen alseep, Shinoa began wondering what her own babies were going to be like. From the day they're born to the first couple of weeks home. No doubt hard as she has heard the stories of the lack of sleep due to the little ones waking up in the middle of the night crying, be it out of hunger or just in an upset mood. Hopefully she'd get better sleep, even if there was less of it, because sleeping while being very pregnant had its challenges. From finding a comfortable position, tossing and turning for hours on end to straight up insomnia where she'd be sitting in the living rubbing her forehead or cradling her belly.

When Esmeralda mentioned the babies being active could mean that they'd be arriving soon and how Aidan was active right before he was born, Shinoa smiled. "Well, I guess I won't rule out the possibility." She replied, checking her watch. "I should probably get ready to go home soon, but I think I got a few more minutes. And I have to wait for the bus anyway. So...how are you gonna be getting home? Did you take the bus too?"

"Oh, I had actually just walked here. This park is actually only a few blocks away from where I live, so Aiden and I usually head over here when we need some fresh air and the weather's nice." Esmeralda smiled softly, gently lifting Aiden up. "I should probably getting home soon as well. That book won't write itself after all."

Looks like Esmeralda didn't have long to get home. When she lifted Aiden up, Shinoa herself would slowly get up to her feet, feeling the gentle breeze against her face and her hair. Tucking it back behind her ear, she began holding her belly. "Mmm, hopefully it won't be a long wait for me concerning the bus, though I did read the schedule, it should be here in the next like fifteen minutes. But with how slow I waddle now, the bus will probably be here by the time I get there." She chuckled.

Suddenly her back and her stomach started to hurt. Definitely wasn't labor, but it was either a contraction or a stomachache. Placing one hand on her lower back and the other on her belly, her smile faded into a look of discomfort. "Ohhh, guess we chose a good time to get ready to go home." She said, chuckling a little nervously.

As Esmeralda lifted Aiden up, he snuggled close to her in his sleep. Smiling softly, Esmeralda gently kissed his head before setting him in his stroller. She then turned her attention back to Shinoa, letting out a soft laugh in response to what she said. Though, her eyebrows knit together in concern when a look of discomfort overtook Shinoa's face. "Are you alright?"

Shinoa took a deep breath as she readjusted her purse and straightened out her dress a little bit. Whatever pain she was feeling in her belly had subsided, but her back was still hurting a little bit, much to her dismay. "Yeah, I'm fine. Probably just another Braxton Hicks. Either that or gas build-up. Since at this stage, I can get pretty gassy." She frowned, even pouting. "Other then that, just backache, but that's kinda a part of pregnancy. Anyway, I should probably head to the bus stop."

After sharing one last smile with Esmeralda and looking towards the sleeping Aiden, she began waddling back towards the sidewalk and started making her way towards the bus stop as it probably wasn't going to be long until it arrived.

That look of concern still on her face, Esmeralda nodded in understanding in response to what Shinoa had said. "If yousay so. Regardless, it was nice meeting you. Stay safe getting to the bus stop." she responded, a soft smile overtaking her features as she said the last part. As Shinoa walked off, Esmeralda had also began heading off back to her home, Aiden continuing to sleep peacefully in the stroller.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Meet Cute: A Meeting of Two Mothers (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus