Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Denique Lux Lucis (1x1)

Senta Morder (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

She walked first, but not because he offered. Gentleman or not, she couldn't relax for one moment around him. She walked for quite a ways, until she found a glen that seemed a fair distance from the town, so they shouldn't worry about being disturbed. She began pulling her weapons off her person. Her crossbow, bolts, a blessed cross, two stakes, a silver dagger, and her holy bible. She sat them along the ground, placing them a good distance apart. If he wanted them somewhere else, he could move them himself... if he even could. She smirked a bit.

"Right then..." she said, turning and placing on hand on her hip as she jut it out. She looked at him, waiting for him to say something, or to start this brawl he was insistent on having.
Ambrose Crowley (played by Hurricane_Lance)

He watched her as she placed the weapons along the ground and smirked a bit as he pulled out a pair of gloves and slipped them on.

"You claim to be a hunter, yet for such a simple test you place your weapons at positions beneficial for a amateur? If this ones we are to battle disarm you, they are not gonna simply set them on the ground. They will take them and throw them and hope they land someplace more difficult for you to get them from. Like this."

He would then pick up the first weapon he came to. The silver dagger. He would then twirl it in between his gloved fingers a bit before tossing it strongly sending it flying into the distance. A moment later a dull 'shunk' noise could be heard emitting faintly from a ways away indicating it had stuck into a tree.

"Now...I don't feel like demonstrating numerous times for all of your weapons so to keep things simple...your dagger is your target."

He would then look at his gloved hands a moment before removing the gloves and stuffing them back in his pocket.

"A sharp weapon such as the bolts your crossbow fires or that dagger are always the best weapon against a vampire as they can pierce the clothing. Other things that require touching the flesh...such as sunlight, can be blocked by simply covering exposed skin. Audible exorcisms and the like that require hearing them...blocked simply by plugging the ears."

He would then walk around her placing himself between her and the direction he threw the dagger.

"Come now. Let's begin the test."

He would then lower himself a bit holding his hands and arms out to sides with fingers partially curled and tensed like claws.

"I'll try not to bruise you up too much..."

Her eyes narrowed as he watched the direction her dagger was thrown. She stood up straight, sliding her fingers down the front trim of her coat quickly. She tensed her muscles, and immediately after, sprung toward her right, making her way for the trees, and keeping the direction her dagger had landed, in the back of her mind. If she couldn't use her weapons, she would use the terrain as a weapon.

He watched her in silence as a smirk crossed his face and he dashed off himself. His enhanced speed causing a blur like effect as he wheeled about so he was again in front of her and twisted himself at his torso before extending his arm as he snapped himself back to a normal position aiming a strong backhand at her face with hisright hand.

"Smart. Not trying to go directly through me."

Senta, used to seeing such speed, readied herself of anything he had. She ducked backward, just barely avoiding his hand. Though, she had to admit, she would have normally countered with a weapon at this point. But she didn't really have that option. So she made the option. She reached down, picking up a branch and taking a swing at him.

He would quickly whirl about and grab the branch. A small smirk would cross his face as he would then lash out with his right leg aiming to kick her quickly in the gut.

"Nice dodge."

Senta quickly twisted the branch in their grip, using it to block the kick he had aimed for her. But the kick broke right through the branch, splintering it. Some of the force had bee absorbed by the wood, but she still took quite a bit of the hit. She winced a bit, almost losing her breath completely, before she pushed back against him, letting the remainder of the branch go, and lifted herself into the tree above her. She steadied herself on the branch, before jumping quickly to the next one, and then the next, making her way toward her dagger.

He quickly cast his gaze upwards following her and smirked lightly as he dashed to a tree in front of her and began to push against it. He began growling lightly as he did so and slowly the tree began to give way and fall towards her slowly.

She looked ahead of her, seeing the tree slowly coming at her. She scoffed quietly, leaping up onto the falling tree, and swinging herself on top of it. She dodged through its branches, as she ran down its trunk, jumping to the next tree before the current one fell completely over. She continued on, looking at each tree, hoping to find a glint of her dagger.

He watched her moving unstopped by the fallen tree and smirked a bit as he leapt into the trees as well and started leaping after her occasionally grabbing and ripping off a branch and throwing it at her.

Senta deflected as many of the branches as she could, using her hand to knock them out of the air, while still trying to maintain balance along the tree branches. She was a little irked, to be honest. But she continued, looking among the trees for a hint of her dagger.... And there it was. She saw the moonlight reflect from the blade on a tree not far off, so, blocking one last branch, she jumped down, bending her knees as she landed on the ground and taking off after it.

He watched her with a small smirk as he sped up taking advantage of his naturally enhanced speed and left a after image type effect as he quickly circled in front of her and lifted his knee suddenly aiming to drive it into her gut.

Victory was in sight... that was, until Ambrose suddenly appeared in front of her. She skidded to a halt, taking a step back just in time to avoid the kick.

"Almighty! --" she started before deciding to take this a bit more seriously.

"O' Father, that art in heaven, hallowed be thy name," she spoke looking fiercely at Ambrose. "Thy Kingdom come, thy Will be done, on Earth, as it is in Heaven."

He looked at her in silence as she began speaking and simply stuck his fingers in his ears and began whistling. As he did so, he leapt forward aiming another knee to her gut.

She grinned, dodging his kick and then raising her fist to hit him in the face. He could hold his fingers in his ears all he wanted, but he was now at a disadvantage. He had no hands to use to defend or attack with.

"Give us this day... our daily BREAD!" she shouted the last word, throwing all she could into the punch.

He smirked as he watched her lips and knowing as she shouted the last word, he quickly yanked his fingers from his ears and threw an open hand into her oncoming fist blocking it just barely from hitting his face. He would then quickly warp his fingers over her fist. He would then go to yank her towards his side as he reached across with his other arm and aimed to yank her into his elbow face first.

She took her free hand, and used it as a shield against her face, only taking some of the impact. She used her foot to push him away.

"And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us..." She had a whole Bible to recite, so she could keep this up all day. She wiped a bit of blood from her mouth, from the elbow she had taken to the face.

He looked at her in silence as she began reciting words again only this time, he didn't plug his ears. Instead he held up a finger as though telling her to hang on a second.

"Whoa...hang on a second. Ok. Can I just say one thing? I'm tired of hearing bible verses. I don't even know why I plugged my ears. I don't know what vampires fell before those words but they must have been pretty pathetic...or maybe it has something to do with how they became a vampire...or their sire...I don't know. I just know I said exorcisms would make me plug my ears to block them. Not the words of the holy book. Where in it does it say 'O thine heavenly father, give me the strength the vanquish this condemned soul of the damned and sent him back to the depths of hell from which he came' or something like that? Last I checked...it didn't. Granted it's been awhile since I've picked up the holy book...about 330 years to be specific but I'm pretty sure no one has changed it since then."

He then rubbed his chin a moment before suddenly lashing out with another knee towards her gut.

She had opened her mouth to speak, having stopped her chanting to hear him out. But she had been caught off guard, and receive a full kick to the gut. She fell over, in half and coughed a bit. "You ass!" she yelled at him, gripping her stomache. "I'm not attempting a verbal exorcism. The Morder family blood line has always been able to stun undead with scriptures. I stun, then kill. God damn. I don't do that typical Hunter crap."

She stood up slowly, and mimicked the cross with her fingers, asking for forgiveness for taking the Lord's name in vain. "I don't pray to God for the 'strength' to slay my foes. I have the strength."

He looked at her and smirked a bit.

"Sorry kid. Didn't feel a thing."

He then knelt down in front of her.

"I did say I was gonna go full out. Some would classify what I just did as cheating. Well guess what? It's all part of this test. The enemy will cheat. You knew I was testing you. Visualizing you against the enemy...and yet you still let your guard down just because I said something? You sure your not a amateur?"

He would then smirk as he finished his provoking words as he stood back up and stared at her.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Denique Lux Lucis (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus