Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Looking for oc profile advice

Loraine Alinac (played by Kaiortea)

As the title suggests I’m looking to get some advice on how to have my character Loraine Alinac’s profile look better and more aesthetically pleasing so if you have some tips or advice for me I would appreciate it and thank you. Sadly though I don’t think the profile isn’t very phone user friendly so I do know that I probably would need to do something about that.
Have you had the chance to look this lovely resource? ^_^
I love what you have so far! It's really pretty and has lots of detail! I recommend Youtube playlists links, aesthetic gifs and maybe find a new theme only if you're tired of the one you have. :)

Love the victorian era setting too! <3

I have a few victorian OCs here too;
Biraz Lögnare, a little house doctor.
Jagbir Asplund, an (also little) Undercover Detective

Maybe you can get some inspiration from my profiles of these two? :)

Edit:
It's come to my realization that you do have a youtube playlist for Loraine under OOC Information. <_< Sorry about suggesting it after you've already done it!
Loraine Alinac (played by Kaiortea) Topic Starter

-Knight- wrote:
Have you had the chance to look this lovely resource? ^_^

Yes i have and from there i had found out that you could do photos that direct you to a website. Though thank you!
Loraine Alinac (played by Kaiortea) Topic Starter

Varian wrote:
I love what you have so far! It's really pretty and has lots of detail! I recommend Youtube playlists links, aesthetic gifs and maybe find a new theme only if you're tired of the one you have. :)

Love the victorian era setting too! <3

I have a few victorian OCs here too;
Biraz Lögnare, a little house doctor.
Jagbir Asplund, an (also little) Undercover Detective

Maybe you can get some inspiration from my profiles of these two? :)

Edit:
It's come to my realization that you do have a youtube playlist for Loraine under OOC Information. <_< Sorry about suggesting it after you've already done it!

Thank you for the tips! And it’s okay but i don’t have a YouTube playlist but instead one on Spotify for my character but I’ll definitely take a look at your victorian era characters for some inspiration then.
To add onto Varian and Knight: clever placement of Unicode symbols, text color, little images to break up text/convey a mood, and bbcode are great ways to visually spice up profiles!

But do note that going all out with bbcode, while it may look great on PC and certain browsers, can look like a hot mess on mobile... Sometimes sacrifices must be made in the name of beauty. 😔 Tables/columns are usually where things can get wonky.

So if you're primarily a mobile user you may want to keep your bbcode use to a minimum (at least with the columns), or dedicate a little section of your character profiles for mobile users to read through.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Looking for oc profile advice

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus