Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Writer for hire or play.

cripticanotte

Despite some of my post, I am a writer. I have two books published, and take it very serious that I may spent up to a month of editing ,or more. I also use other editors encase I miss something . I haven't published anything in two years due to depression .. I am looking for a new project that would inspire me.
If you're not already familiar with it, I'd suggest heading over to Writing.Com. They're pretty friendly over there, with a wide range of skill levels, and everything revolves around inspiration, improvement, and the community overall. I actually run a character tournament over there, and I used to run a rewrite contest, but have since passed that over to someone able to manage it better.

It might be a good place to get back into writing more outside of RP. :)
cripticanotte Topic Starter

Okay then thank you . I did have an account there , I did not find it inspiring. I also had one on miba . May be I should try it again.
It helps to get involved in the community. I also find the Basic membership to be worth the money - more space, access to the chat room, etc.

Okay then I will try it out. When I can afford it . Or have a safe way of getting the site membership.
alonepanda

Really did you try fan fiction.net . Why I posting here your in the same room .
Another great community to try would be www.nanowrimo.org which is the National Novel Writing Month website. There is a lot of great inspiration and general encouragement on those forums. And while it slows down during the non-November months, there are usually some die-hards still around. I think January had some really excellent 'editing tips' resources too, so you might want to check it out. :)
Oh hey. I've been meaning to do NaNoWriMo for... years now. Since I was, like, 13, I think. With luck, this year I might finally have the time. And a story idea. :D

I have heard they have a pretty spiffy community there, though. Mostly from people on WDC who participate. Actually, no... entirely from them, since this is the first time I've seen anyone talk about it on another site, I think.

Thank you everyone has so much to offer. I will try out everyone's idea .
@Novalyyn: Actually there are a few of us here on RPR that have done NaNoWriMo. I believe there was a group even set up for it. :)

Definitely give 'em a try. I've done NaNoWriMo for 8 years...and I've loved it each and every time. And even if you don't have an idea (or time!) do it anyway. It's the idea/principle of sitting down to write 1667 words every day and bashing out some story or other, commiserating and encouraging other fellow writers along the way, that makes it such a great thing.
*raises hand* Yeup, I'm a member. However, I'm ashamed to say I haven't done anything with my account lately. So much going on, too much to do, and...there was something else...what was it? Oh yes, an addiction to RPing! >.>

Wow , I will look in to it . I really do appreciate this .

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Writer for hire or play.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus