Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Flying Skull Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Flying Skull Symbol in Epic Week 2023. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Flying Skull Symbol
Ilmarinen Moderator

40K!!!
Dragonfire Moderator

Agreed! :D

(more dakkaaaaa!)
Clues all unlocked now btw. >.>
Dragonfire Moderator

Hrrrm. I'm not super well-versed in 40K stuff, but this sounds like it might be talking about someone connected to the Inquisition.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "Valhalla".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Prescience, designer of this riddle wrote:
An imperfect soldier might refer to one as tainted, but in this case refers to a stable mutant, a null. Grimdark is shorthand for WH40K. As a blank, Jurgen is an untouchable and is impervious to psychic powers employed by mutants, aliens and he actively neutralizes demons. His dirty desires references Jurgens love of (MOD EDIT: "raunchy reading material"). He was born on the Ice World of Valhalla, which is known for their hatred of Orks after they knocked the planet out of its orbit.

Great job!! :D Who cracked it?
I did (by turning my laptop over to my 40K obsessed partner, who cracked it in exactly 10 minutes).
Used the wrong formula to get the correct answer, too. We were thinking along the lines of Ciaphas Cain.
Dragonfire Moderator

Ildben wrote:
I did (by turning my laptop over to my 40K obsessed partner, who cracked it in exactly 10 minutes).
Used the wrong formula to get the correct answer, too. We were thinking along the lines of Ciaphas Cain.

Hahah! Nicely done!

Ildben wrote:

Interestingly, I said to Prescience (my own 40K obsessed partner) "I want a 40k riddle this year, will you write one about Ciaphas Cain? That is my favorite 40Ker." and he said something like, "Sure, in that case you will need the symbol to be the astromilitarum symbol. But just so you know, that's like asking for a riddle about Harry Potter for the Harry Potter fandom. I'll do something related for you."

So I think you both got there via the same path XD
Kim wrote:
Ildben wrote:

Interestingly, I said to Prescience (my own 40K obsessed partner) "I want a 40k riddle this year, will you write one about Ciaphas Cain? That is my favorite 40Ker." and he said something like, "Sure, in that case you will need the symbol to be the astromilitarum symbol. But just so you know, that's like asking for a riddle about Harry Potter for the Harry Potter fandom. I'll do something related for you."

So I think you both got there via the same path XD

Aha, that's perfect!

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2023 » Flying Skull Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus