Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Not sure if it's reported yet, but...

Minerva

Groups > Appearance > Colors, Textures and Fonts. It refuses to load for me. Like period. I've refreshed repeatedly, but my internet indicates no consistant download or anything. It just says \"Loading\" perpetually. It may have to do with my painfully slow internet but it is indicating no download at all. ...Also, as I type this I'm encountering something for the first time where my text box is rapidly expanding and retracting each time I type a letter. Backspace does not seem to cause this. It is minor, but might be annoying to some people.
What do you use for your Internet browsing? In the past problems have occured on the site as it pertains to regular ol IE so this may having something to do with that. I'm no tech whizz but I'm going of previous problems that some had and others didn't.
Sanne Moderator

I always suggest a reboot first when things go funky or changing browsers like Lance suggested. Though this is a very odd bug indeed!

If you'd like, you can alert Kim by sending her a bug report. Although she checks the threads, a bug report will reach her faster. :) (You can find the link on every page, at the bottom; "Contact Us") Please make sure to tell her step by step what you're doing and what you see, which browser you use, which version, if you use any add-ons in the browser and so on. That will make it easier to figure out what's wrong and fix it!
Minerva Topic Starter

I've been able to use add-ons without trouble until now. Yes, this is Internet Explorer. I'm on my grandfather-in-law's computer and he's psychotic about downloading anything onto it he doesn't understand, even if it's something great for his computer like Spybot Search & Destroy. Sorry for not exploring the bug reporting option better. Also a fault of his computer is his blazing 28k connection, with its maximum 2kbs DL speed so I tend to... underbrowse. I'll send one later. =)
I have the same issue with the text box, but very rarely now, and it doesn't bother me too much. I just figured it was either my browser or whatever. I haven't experienced it in a while, so I forgot to even think about reporting it. lol Good catch
Minerva Topic Starter

Ironically I wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't come here to report a problem with the group theme option. I started typing and it wigged out on me and I figured... well, I might as well mention it, hah!
Kim Site Admin

Quick note before I go to bed just so no one wastes any more time waiting for the group customizer to finish loading: Yes, this does appear to be an IE specific bug. It should work for everyone but IE users. I will attempt to address it in the morning when I am not completely exhausted. Thanks for reporting it!

The bouncing around thing for the text window I can't seem to get to happen in any browser, so I don't even know where to start addressing it. Do you guys know what version of IE you're using?
Kim Site Admin

Okay, I identified and fixed one case in which IE could freeze the group customizer. The question is, was that the one that you were seeing too? Any changes, guys?
Minerva Topic Starter

Internet Explorer 7. My god he needs new... everything. Even Firefox. Firefox would be nice.

Seems to be working now, though.
Kim Site Admin

Huzzah! You got an accolade for the report. :)

I'm still trying to make the bouncing text boxes happen for me, though.
Minerva Topic Starter

I've only seen the bouncing boxes happen twice. I'm guessing it's an IE thing, possibly older version. It might take you a while to run into it.
Minerva Topic Starter

Thanks for the accolade btw. I think I noticed it right when you were doing it. XD

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Not sure if it's reported yet, but...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus