Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » They need a name!

1469769_bOSxqKuf.png

Hi! I made a character using This picrew and I want to give her a name! She uses she/they pronouns, and is an alien who one day fell onto Earth, and is trying to disguise as a human (they aren't very good at it.)

Also if I should put this in arts and creativity instead, let me know XD
Oh she's cute! I really like her color palette. I'm probably the last person that needs to be giving name advice, but there were a few names that came to mind when I saw her. For some reason most of them start with U's. 😂

-Umbra
-Ube (yes, like the potato)
-Viola
-Lila
-Una
-Uma
-Aurora
-Cosmo
-Phlox
Sunstruck Topic Starter

SmaugtheKitty wrote:
Oh she's cute! I really like her color palette. I'm probably the last person that needs to be giving name advice, but there were a few names that came to mind when I saw her. For some reason most of them start with U's. 😂

-Umbra
-Ube (yes, like the potato)
-Viola
-Lila
-Una
-Uma
-Aurora
-Cosmo
-Phlox

Ty! I love those names! I may use them :D
I personally have an alien character as well! Maybe they would have an alien name and a human one for their disguise? >_> My alien character has a name in his language, but he has adapted an English name so the pronunciation & writing is easier. His original name was a short sentence, and his human name is inspired by the meaning of that sentence. Think about such possibilities. :P
I think Zokkoma would suit her. It's not an actual word or name, so I think it will suit her as an alien. SmaugtheKitty also suggested a few, and Umbra sounds cool to me.
Here is a very helpful site when it comes to worldbuilding, names & more: https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/ and I use it all the time, hehe. Maybe it will help you with finding a name for them.
Sunstruck Topic Starter

Thank you so much! :D
Mina Moderator

I have been rewatching invader zim after having rewatched resident alien. I mention this becauseeee the concept of an alien having only an approximate understanding of human customs and language is heavy on my mind. 😅

Something that sounds vaguely enough like a human name, but is not one used commonly. This would cause them to have some awkward explanations to make but also could easily be shortened into a more commonplace nickname that is close to “normal”

- Calendar (Callie, Cal, Len.)
- Cricket (This one’s just cute already)
- Realtor (Tori)
- Business Solutions (Nessa, Ness.)
- Avenue, boulevard (Vinnie, Bea.)
- Doctor, or some other title.

There is also room for old, uncommon names or the usage of historical figures names!

- Abraham Lincoln
- Muriel, Howard, Gertie, Dewey, Ethel, Henry, Pat(ricia, Rick.)
Sunstruck Topic Starter

Thank you so much! I may use one of those! :D

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » They need a name!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus