Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Your favorite piece of trivia of your OCs?

I'm curious to know what you're most proud of your OC/OCs.

For me, it'd have to be the best friend relationship I have developed for my OCs, Diran and Lucifer. At the start, the way I describe them are people who met under odd circumstances. Diran being a man who is simply doing a job and Lucifer having him as a travelling buddy. Eventually, their relationship develops to something I would describe as 'Buddies meeting up after highschool.'

In summary, Diran is a vampire god and Lucifer teaches him and helps Diran gain his respect for mortal-kind. He's a piece in the entire puzzle that is Diran's respect for the people his kind used to torment simply for entertainment. Of course, I'm not entirely done with their story. I have to make Lucifer more than just Diran's development.
This idiot was supposed to be a nameless side-character that would have acted as an average 'mission giver' NPC for a, now ended, grand scale sci-fi roleplay (The Galaxy Wide).

Now he's the protagonist of his own story, ain't that funny. :^)
This isn't something I'm necessarily proud or not of, but rather an interesting piece of trivia as the title states.

Years and years ago when I created my signature alien race, Voldarians, I took a scrap piece of paper and wrote their name down. Also wrote a few other things on it. I ended up losing the paper and recovered it best I could from memory. Ended up finding that piece of paper a while back, and to my shock, I didn't write down the word Voldarian, I wrote down Valdarian. Small difference but it seems huge considering where they've gone since.

To think they could have been spelled differently if I was more organized at the time is a little mind blowing to me.
I leave this bit out of the characters story because it's a relatively emotional bit of Marcus, portraying a different side of him which I like the people who write with him to find out.

The Valradic Civil War was a tumultuous and grim chapter of Tyranoths history, The Empire's most recent wars had been against the Elven hegemony where it found several allies but other elves stuck to tradition and principle, the revivalist monarchy known now formally as Aeldaron fought against the imperial loyalists, several elven citizens and warriors of the Empire rallied to the cause because High King Ilthrandir, was cruel and radical invoking the ancient elven laws and traditions, effectively launching a campaign of genocide and expulsion in order to lay claim to the rightful elven lands. Marcus's confidant and ally in this battle was Falkyr Lanserian, Commander of the Empire's Elven Phoenix Legion, whom represented the Elven Royal House of Delsithyr, whose claimant was Lady Aaraene Delsithyr, the leader of the loyalists. The war was catastrophic for the already burdened and weakened imperials resulting in immense territorial loss to the west of the Empire, most of the campaign consisted of defenses and evacuations in response to the royalist onslaught, which were poorly coordinated. Ilthrandir himself lead the charge himself upon the former imperial city of Caelonor/Selenarius, where House Delsithyr made its last stand, Marcus under oath to his friend was charged with evacuating Falkyr's wife and child and to take care of them accordingly while he lead the final defense.

The city was within moments of being overrun as Marcus charged with his contingent through the burning halls of the once opulent hold of Selenaris, now rubble, smoke and smolder. Marcus found Lady Aaraene, dead... she had jumped from the window babe clutched between arms, the crying child was taken, Marcus and a talented spymistress of the Empire known as Istiana took the child whose name was Karelle. Istiana perhaps had the foresight and wisdom to see there was no saving the Empire, with three ships full of refugees she sailed further south to find refuge and resettle the people in an oasis, it was decided between Marcus and her that they would masquerade as the childs parents, both due to Falkyr's sacrifice and because Istiana and Marcus both being orphans knew that no one deserves to grow up without a family however, Marcus, being stubborn and headstrong as he was went his own way desperate to save the Empire from what was eventually its ruin... a legionary's duty was never done afterall. Ilthrandir destroyed Selenaris brick for brick, so savage and brutal was the nature of his campaign that he lost favor with the high priestesses, one of whom he murdered in cold blood in an event that shocked the elven realms, Ilthrandir was swiftly removed and executed by his eldest daughter, Savera Dey Ilthrandir, Savera isn't as mad as her father but is a power-hungry, extremely clever and ambitious elvish woman... she is merely biding time, as elven lineages exist within almost every noble house within Tyranoth nothing can really stop her from exerting a distant claim under ancient elvish law, the elvish spell forges work ceaselessly, casting auroras into the night skies to the west.

Istiana later found that owing to her mother being Ilthrandir's niece, she is a claimant to the elven throne and plots to eventually install Karelle as regent owing to the genocidal threat that is the resurgent elven nation of Aeldaron hoping to make amends between humans and elves once more, but Istiana is no stranger to the cruel nature of the realms and the intricacies of the court, she is not above assassination, subterfuge and sabotage... even if that means a pre-emptive strike upon the elves... Marcus disagrees with this, the elves though invariably exhausted by war and internal divisions are in a stronger position, the precarious and divided state of the squabbling human realms left in the wake of the disintegration of the Valradic Empire makes any notion of offense or aggression inadvisable, rather strangely, the legionary believes Savera will eventually see reason owing to her pragmatism and is secretly working to disassemble the dark legacy of her father through skillful rulership, he argues diplomacy in the current circumstance is key because the last thing they want to give the elves is a common enemy... the elven realms have been gradually opening up since but the situation remains precarious and complicated.

Karelle is now 8 years of age, the child is crippled due to her fall in infancy, she walks on small stilts and is a beloved and charming figure in her community, she lives in the oasis town of Erumbar founded by Istiana's refugees within the Ishtaran desert. Marcus attempts to visit her atleast once every 6 months or so and it is her assumption that Istiana is her mother and Marcus her father, though she at times is inclined to question her pointed ears to which end Marcus invented a creative story about her being fae-touched and special and that she was meant to fly so thats why she doesn't need to feel bad about not being able to walk... Karelle's future is uncertain, but Marcus, having no children of his own, loves his adoptive daughter more than anything, alas, he cannot stay or let her presence be known on account of his enemies being all too eager to exploit this.
DiranJiru Topic Starter

Marcus Leocadus wrote:
I leave this bit out of the characters story because it's a relatively emotional bit of Marcus, portraying a different side of him which I like the people who write with him to find out.

The Valradic Civil War was a tumultuous and grim chapter of Tyranoths history, The Empire's most recent wars had been against the Elven hegemony where it found several allies but other elves stuck to tradition and principle, the revivalist monarchy known now formally as Aeldaron fought against the imperial loyalists, several elven citizens and warriors of the Empire rallied to the cause because High King Ilthrandir, was cruel and radical invoking the ancient elven laws and traditions, effectively launching a campaign of genocide and expulsion in order to lay claim to the rightful elven lands. Marcus's confidant and ally in this battle was Falkyr Lanserian, Commander of the Empire's Elven Phoenix Legion, whom represented the Elven Royal House of Delsithyr, whose claimant was Lady Aaraene Delsithyr, the leader of the loyalists. The war was catastrophic for the already burdened and weakened imperials resulting in immense territorial loss to the west of the Empire, most of the campaign consisted of defenses and evacuations in response to the royalist onslaught, which were poorly coordinated. Ilthrandir himself lead the charge himself upon the former imperial city of Caelonor/Selenarius, where House Delsithyr made its last stand, Marcus under oath to his friend was charged with evacuating Falkyr's wife and child and to take care of them accordingly while he lead the final defense.

The city was within moments of being overrun as Marcus charged with his contingent through the burning halls of the once opulent hold of Selenaris, now rubble, smoke and smolder. Marcus found Lady Aaraene, dead... she had jumped from the window babe clutched between arms, the crying child was taken, Marcus and a talented spymistress of the Empire known as Istiana took the child whose name was Karelle. Istiana perhaps had the foresight and wisdom to see there was no saving the Empire, with three ships full of refugees she sailed further south to find refuge and resettle the people in an oasis, it was decided between Marcus and her that they would masquerade as the childs parents, both due to Falkyr's sacrifice and because Istiana and Marcus both being orphans knew that no one deserves to grow up without a family however, Marcus, being stubborn and headstrong as he was went his own way desperate to save the Empire from what was eventually its ruin... a legionary's duty was never done afterall. Ilthrandir destroyed Selenaris brick for brick, so savage and brutal was the nature of his campaign that he lost favor with the high priestesses, one of whom he murdered in cold blood in an event that shocked the elven realms, Ilthrandir was swiftly removed and executed by his eldest daughter, Savera Dey Ilthrandir, Savera isn't as mad as her father but is a power-hungry, extremely clever and ambitious elvish woman... she is merely biding time, as elven lineages exist within almost every noble house within Tyranoth nothing can really stop her from exerting a distant claim under ancient elvish law, the elvish spell forges work ceaselessly, casting auroras into the night skies to the west.

Istiana later found that owing to her mother being Ilthrandir's niece, she is a claimant to the elven throne and plots to eventually install Karelle as regent owing to the genocidal threat that is the resurgent elven nation of Aeldaron hoping to make amends between humans and elves once more, but Istiana is no stranger to the cruel nature of the realms and the intricacies of the court, she is not above assassination, subterfuge and sabotage... even if that means a pre-emptive strike upon the elves... Marcus disagrees with this, the elves though invariably exhausted by war and internal divisions are in a stronger position, the precarious and divided state of the squabbling human realms left in the wake of the disintegration of the Valradic Empire makes any notion of offense or aggression inadvisable, rather strangely, the legionary believes Savera will eventually see reason owing to her pragmatism and is secretly working to disassemble the dark legacy of her father through skillful rulership, he argues diplomacy in the current circumstance is key because the last thing they want to give the elves is a common enemy... the elven realms have been gradually opening up since but the situation remains precarious and complicated.

Karelle is now 8 years of age, the child is crippled due to her fall in infancy, she walks on small stilts and is a beloved and charming figure in her community, she lives in the oasis town of Erumbar founded by Istiana's refugees within the Ishtaran desert. Marcus attempts to visit her atleast once every 6 months or so and it is her assumption that Istiana is her mother and Marcus her father, though she at times is inclined to question her pointed ears to which end Marcus invented a creative story about her being fae-touched and special and that she was meant to fly so thats why she doesn't need to feel bad about not being able to walk... Karelle's future is uncertain, but Marcus, having no children of his own, loves his adoptive daughter more than anything, alas, he cannot stay or let her presence be known on account of his enemies being all too eager to exploit this.

This was a wonderful read.

I especially love the story for Karelle. Not only because I haven’t seen something like that before, but the ‘fae-touched’ bit reminds me of my own sort of race where they’re called ‘beast-kin.’ Where you have some kind of feature/behaviours of animals like bears and other such animals.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Your favorite piece of trivia of your OCs?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus