Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » What are the character above's aesthetics?

Hi! GarnaalProduction's cool new forum game has sort of inspired me to pop back up so I hope that's okay 😅

The idea is to take the character above and describe their aesthetic(s), as your character perceives them. This can be -core styles (cottagecore, whatever), but it can also be smells, sounds, places, objects, concepts... literally whatever you think is applicable. Be creative, think of some bonkers metaphors, have fun.

The usual RPR rules apply, and feel free to join in however you please! My only request is that everyone is respectful and keeps things SFW as always 😂 hope you all enjoy it!

Feel free to use any one of my characters to start off if you'd like.
Xailah Alptraum (played anonymously)

Whaaat? A Skylark thread with no replies? Let me fix that. Metaphors and weird descriptions are my jam. 😉

I'll do a eight-sided die and just go down the line as the characters show chronologically in your profile, since making me pick between your cast is a crime I don't have favorites or anything I don't know what you're talking about 😳. I'll edit this when I have time to throw down some funky descriptors, so check back later!

...Oh geeze It rolled Sab. The die is conspiring against my OC. 😭

ᓚᘏᗢ

I had loads of fun writing this!

Familiarity often drew attention; it provoked the need to stop and assess. Mundane beings were far and few around these parts, and many others of the more magical variety often posed as a threat to them. This would not be the case of Xailah. Predatory as she could have been perceived, her intentions had no ill will attached.

...Presumably.

She circled the man positioned at center stage, in a way that was implicative of either hunger or appraisal. She was sampling his energy, and taking in all she could at the distance she kept. What she could gather, was a jumbled mess of things that clashed rather than fit together seamlessly. At first glance he seemed right; looked the part he was trying to portray; but the longer Xailah looked, the more she found off-putting.

Sab was strong- an immovable mountain of a man. He was thought to be strange, though.

Misplaced.

Conflicting.

Utterly confusing to more sensitive and perceptive beings, as Xailah would later demonstrate.

His effect on the senses, however, was where most of the entity's puzzlement came from, and she did not hold back in admitting it.

"Odd." She muttered, low and whisper-like. She looked Sab over, as if he were a old tome she was attempting to decipher. Then, she would begin. "You taste fleeting, I imagine- not that I'm all too interested in finding out-" she stated dryly, "-like the last drop of whiskey from a bottle, or the final breath of the days cigarette."

Flashing golds flicked him up and down. "Which is on par with the scents of nightlife you carry with you." She'd pause a moment before elaborating further. "You smell of a dry summers night, and neon bar lights; like gasoline and hot metal; burnt matchsticks and something earthy. The musk of cologne implies a goal- an effort made- to lure perhaps?" She cocked her head to the side, uncertain in that last assessment. "I am not sure."

Xailah paused her movement, assuming a place in front of the man, her arms crossed behind her back, where she continued to stare him down. "And then there is the crescendo of the nights events: booze and cigarette ash- a point of stillness and contemplation. It dances across your skin like water on bird feathers. A spoor, almost."

Another tilt of the head, this time lolling to the opposite side for a second before straightening. "However, I can't quite say I find any of that to match with how you feel," she added thoughtfully. "You feel of a road less traveled- a peaceful but rocky thicket used as a means to rendezvous to quieter places, when the common path has worn one down. Melancholy in a way, like heavy rain on pavement; yet deafening like the quiet after a thunderstorm. But there is something else- a reaching quality about you, much like the pinhole light that shines through tree canopies; sparse, but oh so warm where it meets the forest floor." Which was an image called forth with fondness.

"You want something grand, and yet you appear to be blind to your wax wings. Or perhaps you choose to ignore them." Xailah then smiled lightly. "Curious."
rolled 1d8 and got a natural 4.

Note: 💃🕺

Aedgar Stannen (played by Tyranoth)

Though at first glance the overwhelming goth vibe tends to present itself there's also nuances of steampunk, witchcraft and mysticism thrown in there. Dark but we'll meaning.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » What are the character above's aesthetics?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus