Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: A goodie turned into a baddie!

Welp, figured I'd give it a shot before the window closed or anything.

We see a lot of Bad characters turning good. But I don't see a lot of good characters turning bad. (At least for me.) And I think that would be a pretty neat thing to do, especially since I usually write baddies from the start. So it would be a nice challenge to make a 'Good Character, Bad.'

Here are the requirements. Hopefully they aren't too vague.
  1. Identifies as male in some way, shape or form.
  2. Modern setting preferably. But some spices can be sprinkled in to make things interesting!
  3. Was previously in a pretty serious relationship in the past but not anymore.

Soooo, what does He look like? Does he have a job? If so what does he do? Or is he in college studying something? What species is he? (Anything Humanoid is fine with me!) What happened to his last relationship? Is he actually going to break the law yet enough to warrant prison time? (Or is he just going to be a baby baddie?)

Uh, hopefully this is decent enough to work with for anyone who wants to take a crack at it. Lemme know what ya'll think.
A few thoughts here on one of the points you highlight...
• Maybe it was the relationship ending that causes him to go bad?
• Was the 'serious' relationship one that made him happy? Was it good for him?
• Was he obsessed with the one he was in a relationship with?
• Now that they have moved on, he stalks them (or worse)?
Kim Site Admin

Brainstorming with my fam:
  • Good times: a volunteer/faith rep (pastor, priest?) who was working hard to alleviate the effects of terrible poverty. Helped to build houses, helped to provide food, basic first aid, etc.
  • Pivot point: Had his generosity/naivety taken advantage of a few times, capped off when one day, he found what appeared to be an elderly person who had collapsed by the side of the road. He stopped to offer help. The person asked, "Will you give me a hand?" He nods, says "Of course," and profers a hand. The person clasps his outstretched hand, and he feels seering pain boil up his arm. It was one of the Fae, and he has agreed to give up his hand.
  • Baddie times: Now, missing his dominant hand and twisted by the magics used to take it, he is disillusioned by all acts of charity. He twists him from his path of righteousness to a path of cruelty, where he continues his good acts but through the mask of enjoying watching those who are suffering rather than wanting to help. He doesn't do it out of love and care for his community, he does it so he gets to see how awfully they live.
PhantomLurker Topic Starter

PhantomLurker wrote:
Welp, figured I'd give it a shot before the window closed or anything.

We see a lot of Bad characters turning good. But I don't see a lot of good characters turning bad. (At least for me.) And I think that would be a pretty neat thing to do, especially since I usually write baddies from the start. So it would be a nice challenge to make a 'Good Character, Bad.'

Here are the requirements. Hopefully they aren't too vague.
  1. Identifies as male in some way, shape or form.
  2. Modern setting preferably. But some spices can be sprinkled in to make things interesting!
  3. Was previously in a pretty serious relationship in the past but not anymore.

Soooo, what does He look like? Does he have a job? If so what does he do? Or is he in college studying something? What species is he? (Anything Humanoid is fine with me!) What happened to his last relationship? Is he actually going to break the law yet enough to warrant prison time? (Or is he just going to be a baby baddie?)

Uh, hopefully this is decent enough to work with for anyone who wants to take a crack at it. Lemme know what ya'll think.

Well, since there wasn't a whole lot of things to pick from. Here's Keith D. Sutton. The character that I made with the ideas given. https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1480624

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: A goodie turned into a baddie!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus